Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sick and tired of all the negativity that is floating around here. We are here for support and I feel that if you don't have anything nice to say then you should keep our mouth shut. We are all adults here and I understand that this is a public forum but there should be a mutual understanding for others feelings. This goes for everybody. I'm not going to call anyone out by name because I feel that has already been done. It's time to move forward. When I first came to this site in August there was so much love and understanding from people. I wanted to be included in this family. But things have went sour! Lets get that support and love back to the people who need it. I am still pre op and I am sure I will be needing a lot more advice and support. So this is it! This is the truce! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!! It's a shame I have to use a saying my mother taught me at age 5.

Now lets get the love and support back going!

I am sick and tired of all the negativity that is floating around here. We are here for support and I feel that if you don't have anything nice to say then you should keep our mouth shut. We are all adults here and I understand that this is a public forum but there should be a mutual understanding for others feelings. This goes for everybody. I'm not going to call anyone out by name because I feel that has already been done. It's time to move forward. When I first came to this site in August there was so much love and understanding from people. I wanted to be included in this family. But things have went sour! Lets get that support and love back to the people who need it. I am still pre op and I am sure I will be needing a lot more advice and support. So this is it! This is the truce! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!! It's a shame I have to use a saying my mother taught me at age 5.

Now lets get the love and support back going!

I agree.. When I started in May there was no negativity. Now things are getting somewhat nasty.

Ignore it and it will go away. One negative comment generates more and more and more. If there is no reaction it'll fizzle. See how negative comments are already beginning to affect the attitudes of so many people here? There are many nice people on this board with so much to offer in the way of encouragement and support. And more equally nice people seeking it. Focus on the positive and ignore the negative. :-)

Ignore it and it will go away. One negative comment generates more and more and more. If there is no reaction it'll fizzle. See how negative comments are already beginning to affect the attitudes of so many people here? There are many nice people on this board with so much to offer in the way of encouragement and support. And more equally nice people seeking it. Focus on the positive and ignore the negative. :-)

Sometimes they will go away. It has actually gotten worse over the last month. This is not supposed to be a negative place. To tell someone negative things here could really hurt them. People are leaving the forum who obviously needed some support.

My thing is its sad that one person can throw a whole forum in to the ruts because they are negative. I posted this topic so we all can get back to why we are actually here!!

Now next thing is I'm down 45 pounds I my own!! Yea!!! My next appointment is on the 7th. Hopefully I get a date! Fingers crossed!! :-)

How is everyone else doing?

How is everyone else doing?

All I can say is your are doing fantastic, wow 45 lbs and you are pre-op. You get that bypass and in no time you are going to be a sexy "Ammariehs Mommy". Kuddos to you on that loss. Keep up that good work.

All I can say is your are doing fantastic' date=' wow 45 lbs and you are pre-op. You get that bypass and in no time you are going to be a sexy "Ammariehs Mommy". Kuddos to you on that loss. Keep up that good work.[/quote']

Thank you!! I started in July so four months now. I can't wait to get the surgery so I can have the extra help. It's a struggle trying to do it your own.

Wow 45lbs! You Go Girl!!! That's fabulous! I love this site and too want to bring good. I learn so much from everyone. I'm doing well. 4 days post op 10lbs down feeling real good !

Wow 45lbs! You Go Girl!!! That's fabulous! I love this site and too want to bring good. I learn so much from everyone. I'm doing well. 4 days post op 10lbs down feeling real good !

Oh my goodness, what a terrific weight loss in just a few days. That is fabulous and I'm so happy you are feeling good. As DL always says "you will love the new you". Keep it up you are doing a great job.

Thanks you guys!! I'm nervous about meeting this new surgeon on Thursday. It's like I'm starting all over again. I wish my surgeon never got sick. I would have already had the surgery. Our at least have a date.

You are doing awesome! We started around the same time. I've only lost 7 pounds but I'm down a clothes size. I think our surgeon were injured/sick around the same time too, if I remember right. My surgeon recovered a month sooner than expected so he's doing my surgery. I was going to have to go outta state to have surgery if he didn't get better by December. I hope you and the new doc have good chemistry and your appointment goes well. 45 pounds...get it girl! ;)

You are doing awesome! We started around the same time. I've only lost 7 pounds but I'm down a clothes size. I think our surgeon were injured/sick around the same time too' date=' if I remember right. My surgeon recovered a month sooner than expected so he's doing my surgery. I was going to have to go outta state to have surgery if he didn't get better by December. I hope you and the new doc have good chemistry and your appointment goes well. 45 pounds...get it girl! ;)[/quote']

My surgeon is still out. I wasn't going to change surgeons but they don't know when he's coming back. Plus when he does come back he has all the cancelled appointments and he has to reschedule all the surgeries that were cancelled. I don't think I would get a date until next summer if I stayed. Do you have a date yet? I have my appointment Thursday and the only thing that I was required to do was have a psych evaluation. I had that on October 25th. So I'm going into this appointment with all his requirements met. Fingers crossed he just gives me a date!! Good luck with your surgery!! And thanks on the weight loss. I had to get under 450 before he would even consider me for the surgery. I started at 484. I'm now about 438.