Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horror stories?!?

What does a troll have to do with a horror story?

I've had some people ask questions I thought were legit, only to type out a long heartfelt response and find out they were full of crap and I'd wasted 30 minutes of my life trying to help.

Listen, I'm not defending her, nor am I defending her counterpart. I don't think any of the parties here are 100% innocent! but I do think following each other around and posting things simply to try and make someone else look bad is childish and immature. Y'all deal with it somewhere else, this is not the place. The original poster had a legitimate question which has completely gone by the wayside now due to this whole mess. As said above, I don't care if y'all don't like each other, take it somewhere else.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

So' date=' back on topic, what I heard over and over and OVER was that I'd never be able to eat again and I'd end up anorexic and so emaciated i'd be unhealthy. Obviously that's not an issue.

Now to the other issue that is popping up on here, please try to keep on topic. If you have a personal problem with someone take it private OR make your own thread and rant and rave and call each other names there. I considerate it inappropriate to hijack someone else's posts for your private issues that frankly I don't want to read. (And I wanted to read this thread, I find it a very interesting question)

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198[/quote']

Again this has nothing to do with you I'm not hi jacking anything its Open I'm done with this site and you people I have had my surgery if I need anymore info I'll call my surgeon some of y'all keep thing going forever it was no need fir you to wake up and comment turn the page no what she has been saying and doing but you all have a great day I went to bed angry this is mot for me goodbye

And to the original poster, my apologies. I was hoping with a little nudge we could get back on topic. Obviously I was incorrect. Best of luck with your surgery, I hope you get the info you were looking for.

I've had some people ask questions I thought were legit' date=' only to type out a long heartfelt response and find out they were full of crap and I'd wasted 30 minutes of my life trying to help.

Listen, I'm not defending her, nor am I defending her counterpart. I don't think any of the parties here are 100% innocent! but I do think following each other around and posting things simply to try and make someone else look bad is childish and immature. Y'all deal with it somewhere else, this is not the place. The original poster had a legitimate question which has completely gone by the wayside now due to this whole mess. As said above, I don't care if y'all don't like each other, take it somewhere else.

You keep saying yall? First off if someone post something that is hurting someone else are tough just going to sit back and watch? I'm nit following anytime around I read all the topics on here. It's sad that when you read through them there are people who are always criticizing others. This is a place for support and advice. That's why I am here!!!!! But if I see someone degrading others I will call them out. I asked what did a troll have to do with the topic. I said that because it seemed to me she was out of line. If she wasn't then it's her own fault for making herself look so bad in others eyes that they felt she was out of place. Now everyone is watching her life a hawk because of her own actions. Now I'm done with this. No need to respond!

Now back to the topic anyone have any stories they can share? I really would like to hear some.

And to the original poster' date=' my apologies. I was hoping with a little nudge we could get back on topic. Obviously I was incorrect. Best of luck with your surgery, I hope you get the info you were looking for. HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198[/quote'] thank you

I suggest you turn to the complication thread, do your research on the safety and efficacy of you procedure, research your surgeon well, and look for a center if excellence.. Sorry, no personal horror story to relate, but they're out there.

What room is the complication thread in?

It's way down under gastric bypass support groups I believe. There are definitely some horror stories, sadly. I'll take my darn dumping and be thrilled that's my only problem. Blessed I am!

It's way down under gastric bypass support groups I believe. There are definitely some horror stories' date=' sadly. I'll take my darn dumping and be thrilled that's my only problem. Blessed I am!

Ok it's hard to see things on my phone I'm going to go search for it. I'm scared to read them but I want too know all the potential out comes..

I agree I wanted to hear the horror stories as well. I'm pre op and I want to know what could possible happen.

As far as people going off topic it only takes one person to say something out of pocket to send it way off. But if I see something that is very rude and disrespectful I'm not going to hide anymore. This is a place I come for support and advice. And it's only one person who has thrown the whole forum into the ruts. So weed out the bad so it can be positive again!!

You are totally correct. Unfortunately, a third party has stirred the pot, regarding issues between two others. Hopefully this will all calm down and blow over. Or the three of them can meet somewhere and duke it out and leave this forum alone :)

I don't have any horror stories to share either but here's something for you to consider. There are roughly 200,000 bariatric surgeries performed every year in the U.S. alone. So if you read or hear 2,000 horror stories, that would be one percent of the surgery population for a single year. Statistically, that is not a viable basis for making your decision.

The minor complication rate (often defined as problems not requiring hospitalization) for RnY is about 15%. The major complication rate is about 5% and that number has been steadily declining as surgical procedures are refined. RnY has a history spanning more than 30 years. That's more than 30 years of clinical and research studies. It is in fact the most studied bariatric surgery there is - by a very wide margin. And last but not least, the success rate at the five year mark is approximately 85%. It is the most effective treatment known to medical science for obesity, type 2 diabetes, and more than 30 comorbidities associated with obesity.

As noted above, every surgery has risks and RnY (or any other bariatric surgery) is no exception. And some of those risks can be very serious. Even life-threatening. But the overall risk is often equated to the risk of having your gall bladder removed. There's nothing wrong with educating yourself about possible complications. Just do so with the knowledge that statistically speaking, the odds of having a successful, life-changing experience are overwhelmingly in your favor.

You are totally correct. Unfortunately' date=' a third party has stirred the pot, regarding issues between two others. Hopefully this will all calm down and blow over. Or the three of them can meet somewhere and duke it out and leave this forum alone :)[/quote']

Not sure if you're referring to me , if so, I was simply trying to calm it down, I was in no way attempting to stir that mess....I have enough funky reality to deal with in my real life, i do not need a mess here as well.

You are totally correct. Unfortunately' date=' a third party has stirred the pot, regarding issues between two others. Hopefully this will all calm down and blow over. Or the three of them can meet somewhere and duke it out and leave this forum alone :)[/quote']

I hope u not talking about me I have tried all day to ignore these comment who are you?what do you have to do with any of this? You don't even know what you are talking about please stop !!!!!! Are you bored and just want to jump in or what

Not sure if you're referring to me ' date=' if so, I was simply trying to calm it down, I was in no way attempting to stir that mess....I have enough funky reality to deal with in my real life, i do not need a mess here as well.[/quote']

Damned if you do... damned if don't.... :-\

I'm pre-op doing all my testing before I can get my surgery date.. I'm excited and nervous But ready!!! I've been hearing ALOT of horror stories.. Please share some that you have heard or experienced.. Thanks!!

Hi. The worst and saddest story Ive read is one in the Complications forum called 'Family Still Suffering ... ' if you can't find it, search for the word 'hunny' as that's what she calls her boyfriend. It's an awful story and basically comes down to his surgeon not doing the job properly. It's worth knowing these things and choosing your surgeon on his/her results but don't let them put you off. There are some great facts on this thread earlier (I think) from DLCoggin that help :-)