Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! My family ordered pizza and I'm on pre-op!

Help! I'm 7 days done with my completely liquid pre-op, with 7 more days to go. I'm STARVING, seriously, it feels like my stomach is on FIRE. And, if that's not bad enough, my family ordered pizza tonight! I'm seriously on the verge of tears. Please, help! I don't want to ruin my pre-op!

What are you allowed for your liquid pre-op? Every doc is different, did they give you a calorie count to stay under? Are you getting Protein in? If you can have it get some unflavored Protein Powder and add an extra scoop to one of your liquids it might help to fill you up. Go out of the room where they have the pizza, brush your teeth, drink lots of liquid and find something to keep yourself occupied. Let me know what you can have, I might have some ideas for you,

Ok well guess what? My family is eating an all meat fresh baked pizza right now...

I'm

A year out, I can have a piece if I wanted, but I'm solidarity I promise I will not!

We shall "suffer" together! ;)

Kyrie, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! I haven't been where you are and can't really say anything useful, but maybe distraction would be helpful? Imagine your life a year from now, after your sleeve is done and you've been successful - what might a really great day be like?

Get out of there! Go for a walk, a drive anything to take yourself out of the situation. You are only 6 days away from a healthy new lifestyle don't let others bring you down. This is your time to shine! ;)

Haha, thanks Laura. And TJL, my preop diet is:

That's exactly the list my surgeon sent me.

I'm 8days post op and I work at Hunts Bros pizza. And when I was "pig" I could eat a WHOLE ENTIRE buffalo chicken pizza by myself and just an estimate that I've probably eaten 30! Well this Buffalo Chicken Pizza only comes once a year for about a month and GUESS what the delivery man brought last Thursday ? YOU GUESSED IT Buffalo pizza!!!!! So I'm drinking Protein Shakes , making hundreds of pizzas. OH and I love pizza :( SO my point is I'm right there with you.

Wow, that is a stark liquid diet. Can you at least have 2 Protein Shakes a day?You can take your Protein Shake and blend it with some yogurt, lots of ice, and a little splenda or stevia or something, it will make it sort of like a milkshake, it's not cheating 'cause it's still liquids and on your diet, you can get it pretty thick with the ice and it's not bad. You can also if you make your own Jello, blend in some yogurt right before it's fully set up and it makes kind of like a parfait, would still be on your diet. Alternate between having the cold stuff and maybe some broth, it kind of makes you feel like you are having a meal. You know, hot Soup and then the yogurt parfait for dessert? Hope this helps.

Walk away, When my family has those types of things I go in my room & shut the door, I do my best to distract myself. Good Luck! It will be worth it to stay strong! :)

I'm still not eating pizza! Just walked past that sucker to feed the dog. Oh teas! I have 50 million flavors! Like vanilla chai, pumpkin spice, apple cider.. Drinking teas. Also home made broths are so much better than canned or bullion :)

Edited by laura-ven

Go for a long walk and cuss them out the entire time you are gone. Get creative, use gestures, make up really hideous names for them and imagine them all in really humiliating situations. Then go to the mall and pick out all the styles of clothing o want to wear when you lose twenty, thirty, forty pounds and then cuss them some more.

You'll feel much better.

Go for a walk or a drive! You have to remove yourself from the situation! When I order pizza for my son and his friends I pay for it and then leave the house for about 30. When I get back the pizza is finished and I am still in control of the situation. Hope this helps

post-53562-13838397161842_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me how a picture of someone I have never seen before appeared below my comment? I'm new to this site

Lol I was was like is that a before and after.:P It happens once on a great while AND they are updating the site tonight so at some point the whole site may go down for awhile..

Ah ha! Found it..,

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/99526-8-weeks-out/#entry1058290

Edited by laura-ven