Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Feeling crappy again..

It seems like everyday at any given point of the day I have regrets. When I see other people I can't help but think.. I bet that person has their entire stomach. Or why couldn't I have just dieted more I mihht have been able to do it. Or that I will never be able to chug another glass of refreshing cold Water or chow down on an awesome cheeseburger. What is wrong with me? It brings me to tears and feelings of despair everytime. Its just food but why can't I get over it?!?

I think it's perfectly natural to grieve. I'm sorry it's been so hard for you. You have to try to remember that this is still short-term for you and that you may feel differently about these things in a few weeks or months.

I don't have any answers yet. I'm two weeks in. But I don't have the buyer's remorse you do either. Have you sat down with a counselor or therapist to talk about this? I don't throw that out lightly.

I was not so morbidly obese that it was life or death for me this week. Nonetheless, I have to recognize that sooner or later my behavior(s) would if not kill me then not allow me to live a happy and fulfilled, active and healthy life. For me, I have had hundreds of cheeseburgers (probably) but I only have one life. And I don't want to live it the way I was living it.

As for why you can't diet? None of us can. Or rather, we can…but we can't maintain. This is not an easy fix at all, but it can be helpful. I really hope you find a way to reconcile. It really will be okay.

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.

I see my therapist every 4 weeks to help deal with all the changes I'm going threw.

Have you thought about utilizing any therapists near you?

It seems like everyday at any given point of the day I have regrets. When I see other people I can't help but think.. I bet that person has their entire stomach. Or why couldn't I have just dieted more I mihht have been able to do it. Or that I will never be able to chug another glass of refreshing cold Water or chow down on an awesome cheeseburger. What is wrong with me? It brings me to tears and feelings of despair everytime. Its just food but why can't I get over it?!?

Omg I'm going through the same thing is don't have buyers remorse I just didn't know it'd be this hard I'm a week and 3 days out and I really really want a snack a bite a chug, anything I just can't believe how hard this is , how much have u lost already

I've read on other forums that some people go through the stages of loss and grief after being sleeved. It said the 5 stages are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I am worried that I may have to go through these stages after my surgery.

Omg I'm going through the same thing is don't have buyers remorse I just didn't know it'd be this hard I'm a week and 3 days out and I really really want a snack a bite a chug' date=' anything I just can't believe how hard this is , how much have u lost already[/quote']

I've lost about 20lbs since my surgery date. But the thing is right now idc about that I just really want to go back to normal. Idk why I have all of this emotional crap but I feel like its gonna break me. I know its only food but I feel as though someone close to me has died. I'm scared.

I see my therapist every 4 weeks to help deal with all the changes I'm going threw.

Have you thought about utilizing any therapists near you?

I think I need to really. I have an appt with my pcp on friday and I am going to tell her I need help. The depression feels like it is gonna put me in a mental hospital. Idk what to do. I have no friends and no family to speak of and my husband has no idea what to do to help me. Nothing he can do really. I just feel so sa

You're grieving. You just lost a trusty friend, companion and coping mechanism. You lost your ability to indulge your desire to eat, for whatever reason you do it.

Depression post sleeve - either immediately or closer to goal - is something that's fairly common. There's a sticky somewhere on these forums about it, too, if I recall.

First we grieve. Later, if you really had disordered eating or were using food to cope, you'll find that once the food is gone and the fat is going that you have to face those things you were hiding with food and fat. That's my personal baggage and was a real challenge. Maybe it's the biggest challenge. Learning to cope differently and to feel differently about food.

Right now you're grieving. It's something a lot of people go through. Later on, you'll be grateful for your sleeve. It's going to help you lose more weight than you've ever lost before, and if you do the required head work and tame your food demons, it's going to help keep you there forever.

Good luck. If your instinct says it's time to pursue therapy, do it. Counseling can only help, never hinder. I am of the firm belief that everyone could benefit from a little time in therapy. We wouldn't be here if we didn't need help. I wasn't unhappy because I was fat. I was fat because I was unhappy.

Now I'm living the dream. Sort of. I'm a normal person, anyway. Okay. Mostly normal. But closer than ever before. :)

~Cheri

I've lost about 20lbs since my surgery date. But the thing is right now idc about that I just really want to go back to normal. Idk why I have all of this emotional crap but I feel like its gonna break me. I know its only food but I feel as though someone close to me has died. I'm scared.

Yea I know what ur saying , I feel u, it's like I'm down 15 pounds but not really all that excited because just as u I feel ALL I WANT IS TO BE ABLE TO BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!! I wanna drink til I quench my thirst, I wanna few chips like 2/3 just to bite something and I wanna be able to eat and not feel I have to stop because my body can't take it, it's definitely hard I mean super hard I dk how I can make it thru the day , I hope it gets easier for us because what's done is done and there is absolutely nothing we can do not even cheat even if we wanted to, ughhhh we gotta be strong

Yea I know what ur saying ' date=' I feel u, it's like I'm down 15 pounds but not really all that excited because just as u I feel ALL I WANT IS TO BE ABLE TO BE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!! I wanna drink til I quench my thirst, I wanna few chips like 2/3 just to bite something and I wanna be able to eat and not feel I have to stop because my body can't take it, it's definitely hard I mean super hard I dk how I can make it thru the day , I hope it gets easier for us because what's done is done and there is absolutely nothing we can do not even cheat even if we wanted to, ughhhh we gotta be strong[/quote']

I completely agree and it helps a lot that u are feeling the same way as me. I have such a hard time even getting up in the morning. I hate my job lately and not that it was perfect before but it didn't bother me as much. I hate doing anything or seeing anyone everyday. Everyone on this forum says it will get better but right now in my life I can't see it. I feel like I made a huge mistake. I am definitely going to see a counsler. I'm not sure what else I can do

I completely agree and it helps a lot that u are feeling the same way as me. I have such a hard time even getting up in the morning. I hate my job lately and not that it was perfect before but it didn't bother me as much. I hate doing anything or seeing anyone everyday. Everyone on this forum says it will get better but right now in my life I can't see it. I feel like I made a huge mistake. I am definitely going to see a counsler. I'm not sure what else I can do

Just know I'm here for u I feel just the same as u do :( and know everyone is here for u, we gotta be strong I feel like this weeks liquid and puréed thing is eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sware I crave the littlest things I never ever cared for, I feel sad too, I say to myself and mg husband let's gn out and do something I want my mind off food it's like I want it more because I can't have it, and then when we wanna do something to get out the house it's the movies but No popcorn what the hell, or taking a ride and seeing the local posts man where they sell containers of fruit with lemon and hot sauce or them delicious corns in a cup with mayo cheese pepper lime ughhhhh!!!!! Billboards with mc'donalds fries and passing Brazilian steakhouses I mean everything revolves around food I just can't get away!!!!!!!!!!!!! And can't do anything because everything involves food!

Just know I'm here for u I feel just the same as u do :( and know everyone is here for u' date=' we gotta be strong I feel like this weeks liquid and puréed thing is eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sware I crave the littlest things I never ever cared for, I feel sad too, I say to myself and mg husband let's gn out and do something I want my mind off food it's like I want it more because I can't have it, and then when we wanna do something to get out the house it's the movies but No popcorn what the hell, or taking a ride and seeing the local posts man where they sell containers of fruit with lemon and hot sauce or them delicious corns in a cup with mayo cheese pepper lime ughhhhh!!!!! Billboards with mc'donalds fries and passing Brazilian steakhouses I mean everything revolves around food I just can't get away!!!!!!!!!!!!! And can't do anything because everything involves food![/quote']

I know right. Even sitting here watching tv every other commercial is about food. Theres a mcdonalds on every corner it sucks. I am almost to the puree stage and I have no idea what I am going to eat. I hate the Protein drinks I'd rather just eat lots of turkey and tuna. I have no recipes for puree food I mean really pured meat??? Idk.

This so cliche but it does get better. The first 3 weeks were tough. I never got depressed but I did have slight buyers remorse. Why did I do this? Why didn't I get the lap band? Nothing to major but I def over thought it all. I quickly got over it. I am almost six weeks. So far have eaten small portions of everything I want.

Please know it gets a lot better

I know right. Even sitting here watching tv every other commercial is about food. Theres a mcdonalds on every corner it sucks. I am almost to the puree stage and I have no idea what I am going to eat. I hate the Protein Drinks I'd rather just eat lots of turkey and tuna. I have no recipes for puree food I mean really pured meat? ?? Idk.

OMG Chrissy me and u think just alike!!!!

I sware I think to myself I'm not even excited about puréed foods I mean that sounds disgusting blending meat what the hell!!!! I never heard of such a thing!!!!! It's like I'm already thinking I'm still gonna be on liquids , but I was happy to hear someone on here say we can eat the pintos and cheese from taco bell so maybe just maybe I can live off that lol I don't know , I just feel helpless ????

This so cliche but it does get better. The first 3 weeks were tough. I never got depressed but I did have slight buyers remorse. Why did I do this? Why didn't I get the lap band? Nothing to major but I def over thought it all. I quickly got over it. I am almost six weeks. So far have eaten small portions of everything I want. Please know it gets a lot better

Ughhh I really hope so ???? I want to be there already !!!!! I wanna be at 3 weeks already!!! Thank u ❤️