Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Call me <evil> but...

I cannot wait to see my SIL on turkey day. We have not spoken nor have we seen each other since January. At the time, she was about 35 pounds lighter than me and LOVED to gloat about it in a not so subtle manner.

She would give me her clothing rejects with a casual, "These may be too small for you, but you are dieting, right?". She loved to commiserate with me about our mutual attempts to follow whatever diet we were on but loved to point out that her points/calories/units were lower than mine because she was lighter.

Our last conversation was her snickering about another overweight acquaintance's failed weigh-in, laughing that she did SO MUCH better and me asking if she talked about me as nastily as she did everyone else.

She didn't like that. My bad... wink.png

Fast forward to Thanksgiving and me being at least 90 pounds down from our last visit. I would bet any amount of money she is up at least 10 or 20.

I can't wait!!!!!

Who do you look forward to seeing during this journey?

I will be thinking of you Thanksgivingiving ..... that's awesome.... it feels like revenge without hurting anyone. I have a friend that still struggles with me losing weight. Because now she is the Big One in the for group. All of that misery she creates herself.... after a year of this I now feel sorry for her.

I'm ready to see my sister. I won't get to see her until Christmas and I honestly think that we should both be wearing helmet cams! She has been one of my main supporters in getting my sleeve and after seeing my success decided that she wanted one too! She had her sleeve done on 11/4/13 and is doing great! We haven't seen each other since July 4th and back then I was 30 pounds heavier and two pant sizes bigger than I am now. I have always been the big little sister and recently I lost down to weigh less than her but I'm thinking by Thanksgiving she will have caught me. Certainly by Christmas she will be well past me. I told her I wouldn't be the little little sister for long and I'm totally okay with that (I'm close to 6 inches taller than her so she should be smaller than me)! I can't wait to see her and see how well she has done. I am SOOOO excited for the both of us.

My SIL on the other hand, I'm ready to see her too. I haven't seen her since our daughter was born (4 weeks before I had my sleeve). We live in the same town but haven't seen each other. She is absolutely gorgeous and I know that I'll never be as small as her, and I'm okay with that too, but at least maybe I won't get the "eeeew gross, shes so fat" looks that I feel like I have gotten for the past few years. I really am looking forward to seeing all of our family. We have several family members that live out of town and some of our family members have NEVER seen me this small.

None of my in laws know of my surgery and they never will. smile.png

OMG this is even better!!! Definitely give her some clothes that might fit her! I would also make sure you take some pictures of her just as she is about to take a bite of pie! I always hated pictures of me and definitely if I was eating something! I guess this makes me bit#$y......oh well! I guess there is a little of it in all of us! I would love to be a fly on the wall!! :)

@LipstickLady -- You MUST come back to update this thread post-Thanksgiving to let us know what happened. I'll be on my pre-op diet come Turkey Day, and I'll be thinking of you all reveling in your WL as I'm sipping Protein broth or putting protein cheese on my steamed cauliflower.

This is my first post although I have been reading these forums since before my surgery over 8 months ago but I just felt compelled to add my 2 cents. I to have a SIL who has always been very competitive. I find that it helps a great deal when working out and I feel like I can't do another push-up or run for another minute to to think of my delightful SIL and it gives me that little push to keep going. I think of this as turning a negative into something positive.

Looking forward to the holidays for the first time in a long time.

I cannot wait to see my SIL on turkey day. We have not spoken nor have we seen each other since January. At the time, she was about 35 pounds lighter than me and LOVED to gloat about it in a not so subtle manner.

She would give me her clothing rejects with a casual, "These may be too small for you, but you are dieting, right?". She loved to commiserate with me about our mutual attempts to follow whatever diet we were on but loved to point out that her points/calories/units were lower than mine because she was lighter.

Our last conversation was her snickering about another overweight acquaintance's failed weigh-in, laughing that she did SO MUCH better and me asking if she talked about me as nastily as she did everyone else.

She didn't like that. My bad... ;)

Fast forward to Thanksgiving and me being at least 90 pounds down from our last visit. I would bet any amount of money she is up at least 10 or 20.

I can't wait!!!!!

Who do you look forward to seeing during this journey?

Omg, I thought I was the only one. I had a list of people I look forward to seeing once I lose more weight. People who have commented the same exact way about my weight, my dieting, and all that! I just can't wait, hehe *evil laugh*

I would answer the door in something a little similar to this.

post-181494-0-23487600-1384963373_thumb.jpg

Or something new and hideously expensive.

I would not say a word, other than genteel greetings accompanied by an air of light, sparkling effervescence.

I would serve the best Thanksgiving dinner in the history of the world - ever - being the consummate host as I went.

Whilst oozing myself over the table to pass the various dishes and flashing an engaging smile; I would lift the mash potatoes, look your SIL straight in the eye and say;

'One lump, or two?'

< I would then probably make an excuse to retire to the kitchen, where I would quietly shut the door and spend a quality 30 seconds getting down, doing the Carlton Banks dance>

Oh yes, indeedy! :D

Love. This. Thread.

Ok, I have to admit I can't WAIT until football season next year! Im a football mom (and basketball and baseball mom lol), and I was practically (I think I was, but hubs says 2 moms were bigger ::rollseyes::) the biggest mom on the team. There are a couple of other "smaller fat" moms, then there are the real bitches who were popular in high school and just stick thin or drop dead gorgeous. Well those woman will be super nice around me when my skinny husband is around, but wouldn't give me the time of day if he isn't around. Now, I have been super open about my surgery, and all the team parents know I had the surgery. I still can't wait though until next season when they see me sitting in a smaller lawn chair and there is still space between my waist and the arms lol I have already had one mom who used to never talk to me start trying to be my friend, but I have no interest in those types of women. I'll stick with my 3 true friends of the football moms :)

It's also funny to me how the skinnier people in my life have mostly all suddenly started dieting (including some of said bitchy team moms). Like they are threatened by my weight loss or something. It's funny (but also kind of insulting) they feel they have to be skinnier than me. Oh well, with my awesome tool I'll show them lol

It always cracks me up when I see the moms teetering around in the high heels and the cropped tops at football games. Biznatches, you are in your late 40s. I don't care if you CAN rock your midriff or if you look better than your high school daughter, put your junk away.

Caveat: I understand this potentially reads as jealous, as I am always in the stands in my jeans and double XL men's t-shirt. But even if I could, I would not dress sluttier than half the girls at the game.

It always cracks me up when I see the moms teetering around in the high heels and the cropped tops at football games. Biznatches, you are in your late 40s. I don't care if you CAN rock your midriff or if you look better than your high school daughter, put your junk away.

Caveat: I understand this potentially reads as jealous, as I am always in the stands in my jeans and double XL men's t-shirt. But even if I could, I would not dress sluttier than half the girls at the game.

Lol, yeah the heels make me chuckle every time. Those type of women are definitely not anything I plan on being like. Those women make my husband laugh too. (I think he secretly finds them cute, but he wouldn't get along with them well even if he had to.) He likes woman that are very independent and competent lol I will continue to rock my flip flops (in all weather but rain...including snow lol), jeans, school color shirt, and my Panthers visor. Im a loud screaming mom (usually don't have my voice the rest of the night lol), not a too cutesy to be on the field mom.

We have a mom like that at my sons baseball games. She is always in heels, a mini skirt or short shorts. She also likes to bend down and contort her body in front of the bleachers while she is "taking pictures" of the kids so all the dads can see her thong. I find it hysterical and think man she must be desperate for attention. Oh well she is actually not bad to talk to but must be so insecure deep down.

Getting back to in-laws I am actually looking forward to the holidays for the first time in a long time. I am no longer stressed out about how I look and what I will wear. I actually was happy to go to the funeral of a dad of and old college friend a few weeks ago. Is that weird. So strange to look forward to social things for the first time in a long time. Going out to dinner this weekend with a group of college friends I havent seen in a few months. I may need to buy new pants only have a few that fit but might not be dressy enough. Shopping now is like a dream.