Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled for surgery in Jan with Dr. Cabrera! Did anyone else have him? Thoughts? Overall experience in MX? More importantly how did you feel while traveling home after surgery?

I had cabrera/valenzuela.. they used to be a team that did all their surgeries together. I was actually sleeved by Valenzuela, though to me it didn't matter which one did the actual surgery since I trusted them both and they both do the sleeve the exact same way and were both trained in the same program by dr Corvala.

I did book an extra day at the hotel because I was traveling to Boston which is a miserable flight even without having had surgery. Turns out the extra day wasn't needed. I felt fantastic. My biggest issue was trying to remember that I just had surgery and not lifting anything heavy!

Both me and my husband were both sleeved by Dr. Venezuela and Cabrea(wrong spelling) it was a awesome experience for us both. We were sleeved 6 months apart and we are doing awesome . I would recommend to anyone and everyone. I booked through Mexico Bariatric centre.

my sister and i both sleeved with cabrera an hour apart

surgery went well..sleeved on thursday checked out of hospital on sunday morn....

spent the day at sea world and then flew out San Diego at about 7 in the evening....we were a bit tired after a day at sea world and drinking only gatorade but we did it and slept on the trip home....arrived nyc monday early morning....my sister went to work at 9 that day...i went to sleep for a bit....the only problem for us is that we did not get a lot of after info....we kind of knew liquid puree and soft foods....we experimented and still do with what feels good to eat....to drink 64 oz of Water is impossible for us....

Thanks for your posting!

I am scheduled with Dr. Cabrera early Feb. It's always great to hear from someone who used same Dr. and hospital.

How was the care at night? I'm hoping to find a sleeve buddy that will be there at the same time as myself.

Does your sister regret going back to work so soon?

Speedy recovery!!

W.

I am in TJ right now at the Marriott. I just met a lady that was one day out of surgery with Cabrera. She felt really good and was enjoying laying around the pool.

Her only complaint was that she didn't get the full support that we got. So she didn't know as much about aftercare. But she was very happy with him.

Any idea on why she was left out of the loop re the aftercare?

How was your experience with the Dr. and the hospital?

I'm scheduled with Dr Cabrera on 3.28. It's a bit out but that gives me time to get my BMI down to 49. Thanks for all your posts I cannot wait to hear how it goes!