Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Stacy, lets keep in contact during this journey, do you live in San Diego or are you coiming from out of town, It is good to have someone share these experiences. :clap2: I can't beleive the time is almost here. Good luck and keep me posted. So far on this diet I have lost 7lbs. I need to lose another 85lbs or so. When you figure this ticker thing let me know:help: . I wil be arriving to Mexico on the 18th. how long are you staying after the surgery? Good luck and God Bless.

I do live in San Diego. I live about 10 minutes from the clinic in TJ. Since Feb. 16th I've lost 15lbs. I need to lose about 140 more. I will be in TJ until the 18th. I just finished paying the balance and I'm so excited!:teeth: Where are you coming from? Keep in touch.

Stacy

Stacy

My doc explained that the liquid diet was not only to cleanse the digestive tract, but also to reduce glycogen stores in the liver.

Forcing the liver to burn glycogen, by reducing sugar, will actually cause the liver to start to shrink. This actually makes placement of the band easier for surgeons, supposedly.

So, my best suggestion would be to stay away from fruit, because your surgeon may be trying to decrease the size of your liver to make the surgery easier.

I had a strict list of pre-op things that were allowed. I know the Protein drinks are almost impossible to drink mixed with just Water. I can't tolerate them mixed with almost anything. I drink Profect. If you have never seen this before, it is worth checking out. Very palatable and handy to tote around. It doesn't need to be refrigerated and is in break resistant container.

Looks like there are quite a few of us having surgery on March 19th. I'm on my 7th day of the pre-op diet. Suppose to have 3 shakes and one healthy meal per day. Having a hard time but trying to get through. Instead of having one healthy meal I break it up throughout the day because my stomach can't handle it all at once. My DH sat next to me this morning and at an english muffin with peanut butter...could have snatched it from him in a second!!! I guess we'll all get through this together!

Sherri

I do live in San Diego. I live about 10 minutes from the clinic in TJ. Since Feb. 16th I've lost 15lbs. I need to lose about 140 more. I will be in TJ until the 18th. I just finished paying the balance and I'm so excited!:teeth: Where are you coming from? Keep in touch.

Stacy

Stacy

Hi, it was nice to hear from you, I too live in San Diego, (El Cajon), I hope to be there before you leave. I am planning on having Rene, from the clinic, pick me up at the Mexicocoach @ 2pm. Will you be there when I arrive around 3pm? I would like to give you my cell number so you and I can continue to give each other moral support. I went to costco today and bought chewable extra strength Tylenol, Gas-x, and children multiple vitamine. I am going to try to pm you and give you my number.

Ok ....How do I insert the TickerFactory so that it show up correctly? I too am new at this and need help :girl_hug:

i believe they give you 3 options. pick the one that has a code that is similar to this: [img... etc.

:girl_hug:

My pre op fast was two days only! I was like WOW! Only thing was I had to do a Bowel cleanse with fleet. That was some nast stuff.

On Saturday I had to mix 1.5 ouces of fleet seline in 12 ounces of apple juice and drink it down at 8am. You guys, I still don't know how I did it, the taste was absolutely awful and the fleet was the most dominate flavor- I don't even remember tasting the apple juice. I had to follow that by having another glass of apple juice.... It definately got my bowels going thoug....

Then I could have Water, Jello, and broth for each meal.

Today I can still have water, jello, and broth for each meal, but I can also have apple juice or diet 7 up. I can't have anything after midnight either...

i believe they give you 3 options. pick the one that has a code that is similar to this: [img... etc.

:)

OK, here we go if I do not get it, it will show I am not compter smart at all.

Seven more days and counting for the sugery yeppi!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you so much for your response.