Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW TX Surgeon selection? (Dallas / Ft. Worth)

No, last time we went was before surgery and no one from the office showed up. There were two other patients there waiting too, so four of us, three of us were pre op.

I think there's supposed to be a meeting on Tuesday night? Or is that the pouch class?

Honestly, I haven't been impressed with much of anything with that office/dr. I wish I could change.

I do receive email notifications from them letting me know when the meetings are being held - do you receive any? I believe the class on Tuesday is the pouch class but I cannot find the email that I received. How has your progress been post-surgery? I have been very happy with mine. It has been slower than some but that has always been the case for me.

No, last time we went was before surgery and no one from the office showed up. There were two other patients there waiting too, so four of us, three of us were pre op.

I think there's supposed to be a meeting on Tuesday night? Or is that the pouch class?

Honestly, I haven't been impressed with much of anything with that office/dr. I wish I could change.

It's been ok I guess. Down 31 lbs, and husband 50. We go to stage 3 foods after Monday's stage 3 meeting on Monday.

Dr. Jeffrey Henke at Medical City Dallas will be doing mine in November. He has removed

my gallbladder and removed my lap band with out any complications relatively pain free.

There are no seminars no gimmicks just plain and simple surgery. I liked the fact that they

promote the sleeve and not the band. He keeps it short and sweet!!

I used Dr. Julie Kilgore. You will find her I Dr. Colleen Kennedy's office. I'm 70 & a heart patient with other issues so I wanted to be very careful who I chose. I originally called Dr. Nicholson's office but they do not take medicare anymore. They are the ones that told me to call Dr. Kennedy & gave me her number. Dr. Kennedy couldn't see me until March but Dr. Kilgore could see me sooner so I went with her since they share the same office. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kilgore & the office staff. My surgery was at Baylor Plano. The experience was incredible. No complications or issues after surgery. I also attend the two support groups that the psychologist at Baylor Plano runs. One group meets once a month & the other meets every week. It is open to all bariatric patients regardless where you had your surgery done.

Good luck finding a surgeon you really like. That is very important. Be sure & get in a support group too. Actually you can start visiting our support group before you have surgery. It would be worth your time.

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would post that I have chosen Dr. Colleen Kennedy. While I haven't had the surgery yet, I can say that my initial consultation with her definitely sold me on my choice. She is definitely the right person for me and her staff is wonderful!

Seen 1 or 2 on here but wondering if anyone else has used Dr. Jay.... Had my consult with him and liked him a lot. Honestly he had the patients lined up new and follow-ups but when he came in the room he was very mellow explained everything and answered every question I had never felt rushed. I have had 2 people from my work use him and they loved him. Just want as much insight as possible. I am scheduled my PRE OP and EGD later this month and then my surgery for May 14th...

If we do not recommend a Dr should we post that and why?

It's even more important, but I understand how you feel. Tell you what ... I'll do it if you will!

I think all info is certainly more than welcome to those that are trying to make a choice when there are so many options.

Btw, you can't get in trouble for posting the truth about something or somebody :)

I just worry about slander, defamation of character but I also know that he did it himself by his treatment of me. I cannot excuse his negkect of ignoring me when I was suffering in 100% pain after surgery when he refused to give me a pain med that works on me after I told him what does work ans that morphine, diladid and others don't have any affect on me(he put me on morphine anyway). 9 months later and I still hate him for that. Pure neglect. Even the nurses were on my side. There were other major (imo) issues as well, not just with me but with my husband's care :( we quit seeing at 3 months post op.

I have learned of a couple others who have had bad experiences with him and/or his staff (which was bad also)

Edited by itsmekarenlee

It would help if we knew which surgeon you are talking about.

Also, just fyi truth is an absolute defense to libel/defamation.

True but I think truth could be a difference of opinion as well.

I just hope people trust their gut. I should have trusted mine at the first meeting with Dr Provost and a few times after that when I questioned his care, or lack thereof.

If anyone wants details of me and my husband's experience please pm me but ultimately just trust your gut. I didn't and that's my only regret with this whole experience. Also, go to at least a few orientations or one on ones with a prospective bariatric dr before settling on one.

Lol @ we're all fat in Texas. I know thats right. We like gravy.

Has no one used Dr. Barker/Barker Bariatrics? I saw a recommendation elsewhere and just went through this whole thread with no mention.