Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Dilaudid was heaven for me as well, but too bad you can't take it home with you. They gave me roxicet for home use which is almost half gone -- day 5 post op for me, hoping I'm done with this pain by Thursday or Friday --the surprise sliding hiatal hernia repair has taken me on a wild roller coaster ride. If it wasn't for that I don't think I would need any pain meds at all.

I insisted on taking the dilaudid home with me but I still have terrible pain when getting up. It was much better controlled in the hospital!

Post op day 8. Felt better yesterday. Don't know if I am drinking too fast or not enough. Idk anyways hope to take my boys for a walk outside in the snow but they are napping right now. Using pain med only at night now. Going to have yogurt for dinner tonight instead of cream Soup. Will see how that goes. Hoping next Tuesday I can start purred food! Got some great recipes from this website!

Sounds like you are doing great! I also feel like could drink "too much" so I am trying to make sure not to do more than 2 swallows and then wait 15 minutes or so. If I drink too fast, I get a pain in my sternum until that little burp comes up. So weird, I think I'm the inky one not eager to start food! Lol

Well I made it!! In recovery feeling pretty good except for the mild gas pain and dryness, it's tolerable. Everyone said I was a perfect patient. I saw pictures, my liver was small, yeah!! Sipped a little so far so good. Can't wait to get up and walk! I hope I don't start feeling any worse!! Cheers to all :)

Well I made it!! In recovery feeling pretty good except for the mild gas pain and dryness, it's tolerable. Everyone said I was a perfect patient. I saw pictures, my liver was small, yeah!! Sipped a little so far so good. Can't wait to get up and walk! I hope I don't start feeling any worse!! Cheers to all :)

Congrats! Take it easy and pamper your new baby tummy!

I had that also Atlanta Red, it goes away. I think everything is in an uproar but it goes away soon. Small sips is the ticket.

Today is day 6 post op. I made it over 24 hours without the Lortab, but had to take some in the middle of the night. I can sit down without assistance or pain, but getting up is still pretty much a stinger in my large incision. Drinking is going okay...I gurgle a lot still when I drink the shakes, but tried Decaf coffee today and that went down just fine. I am still battling thrush from the antibiotics, so that is mildly irritating and makes things taste strange, and walking for too long really makes that big incision hurt as well. I keep an ice pack in that large incision pretty much 24 hours a day which helps a lot.

Edited by MnWin

Everything gurgles like rumbling through empty halls; I'm doing a little better, but can't believe I'm really swallowing that much air to support all that flatus. Sticking close to home and glad I haven't needed anything for pain since yesterday. Day 5 is shaping up.

Today is day 6 post op. I made it over 24 hours without the Lortab, but had to take some in the middle of the night. I can sit down without assistance or pain, but getting up is still pretty much a stinger in my large incision. Drinking is going okay...I gurgle a lot still when I drink the shakes, but tried Decaf coffee today and that went down just fine. I am still battling thrush from the antibiotics, so that is mildly irritating and makes things taste strange, and walking for too long really makes that big incision hurt as well. I keep an ice pack in that large incision pretty much 24 hours a day which helps a lot.

Getting up is the worst. Hang in there!

Everything gurgles like rumbling through empty halls; I'm doing a little better, but can't believe I'm really swallowing that much air to support all that flatus. Sticking close to home and glad I haven't needed anything for pain since yesterday. Day 5 is shaping up.

I think it's like Water pipes that have been empty a while, our system is getting out the extra air while it starts back up!

Just got a call saying my surgery time has been push back till 1:00 pm. Well that sucks. Well all I can say, is everyone make room on the losers bench. I'll be there with you tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with all the others scheduled for tomorrow and the rest of the week.;-)

5 days post op here. I went back to work today and it was dreadful. I feel awful. I can't wait for skinniness to kick in to make this pain worth it.

God bless all of tomorrow's sleevers! Praying for much success on the table nd recovery. Uve finally made it! Take care and keep us in the know whenevr ur able. Day 2 preop liquids here, gotta turn in early, hating these hunger pangs. Praying for a bttr tomorrow. Gn all:))

5 days post op here. I went back to work today and it was dreadful. I feel awful. I can't wait for skinniness to kick in to make this pain worth it.

Oh gosh, that must be really hard. I'm on day 4 and my pain is worse today in the muscle behind the big incision. Getting up and sitting down is so hard.

Oh gosh, that must be really hard. I'm on day 4 and my pain is worse today in the muscle behind the big incision. Getting up and sitting down is so hard.

Hey Red. Glad to hear your recovering well. Keep up the good work. I'll see you on the other side.

So I am almost 1 week post surgery. My doctor is not happy as my bowels have not restarted yet. Has anyone experience this and any suggestion?

I would absolutely take some stuff! I needed Colace, Miralax, mineral oil enemas, and time. It took about two days to clear out, but now, two weeks post-op, I'm doing pretty good. Certainly regular once again, but could use some more Colace periodically. I would recommend stool softeners for sure because this many days out without them, you'll be quite uncomfortable.