Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

So I am almost 1 week post surgery. My doctor is not happy as my bowels have not restarted yet. Has anyone experience this and any suggestion?

Had my surgery dec 10th! So far, so good! Go to are surgeon tmrw

to get drain removed.

So I am almost 1 week post surgery. My doctor is not happy as my bowels have not restarted yet. Has anyone experience this and any suggestion?

I came home and immediately started on Miralax. Second day home, MiraLAX and colace. Today, MiraLax, colace and milk of magnesia. That finally work and was no joke clearing out. If you're not taking anything, I would. A lot of folks end up in the ER needing help.

Anxiety girl here checking in. My time got bumped up to 6:30 am... Holy moly guess who is not getting any sleep tonight??!?! I really hope my body cooperates tomorrow. Aaack.

You'll do fine! It's great that you'll get out of surgery that much sooner! Hang in there and read a boring book or watch a boring movie to night to help yourself get to sleep. You're on your way and it's all good!

Awww man there goes my plans to shave!! I wonder if the same thing applies if we use Nair or Veet???

I'm scheduled on Sat I was going to shave Fri night. I guess I better shave tomorrow just to be on the safe side

Wow guys, I can't believe the time has almost come, my surgery is tomorrow afternoon. The hardest part will be tomorrow as I don't check into the hospital til 1pm and I can't have anything other than a sip of H2O with meds all day. Since I finished my exams on Thursday, I have kept myself really busy with activities I won't be able to do for a while and it has really helped with the nervousness.

I went cross country skiing on Sunday and to see the Hobbit. Today I went down-hill skiing - can't wait for my boots to not be tight around my legs, that was just plainly annoying to me today, I also had more muscle cramping than normal from being out of shape, skiing the day before and lack of carbs. I just kept thinking about how good this should feel next winter.

Thank you all for your posts and sharing, has made this journey a lot easier! See ya on the losers bench.

Blessings and quick healing to all.

Tammie

Updat! My surgery finally happened at 3, and doctor updated my husband an mom a little before 5.

To room by 6, , They had me waking down the hall and back, was feeling a little nausea when I woke up at 8 and gave me some pain meds, just woke again with no pain and no nausea! for and hour and half of sleeping. Still no Water, told me 6am.... My mouth is so so dry!

Hubby went on home to get some sleep and take care of dogs! Thank you for all your support with this it means a bunch

Updat! My surgery finally happened at 3, and doctor updated my husband an mom a little before 5.

To room by 6, , They had me waking down the hall and back, was feeling a little nausea when I woke up at 8 and gave me some pain meds, just woke again with no pain and no nausea! for and hour and half of sleeping. Still no Water, told me 6am.... My mouth is so so dry!

Hubby went on home to get some sleep and take care of dogs! Thank you for all your support with this it means a bunch

Your story sounds a lot like mine. Got in at 6a, surgery @ 8, I think the surgery took 1.5, stayed in recovery for a bit and the got my room by 11. Pretty sweet!

I've had no nausea (thank you Emend and the scopolamine patch given to me before my surgery), no gas pain, my incisions are do ok but it's still kind of a pain to move. When I got back from walking the halls last night? I felt really good. But when I say on the bed the incision on my left side let me know it was there and I let out a yelp. Scared my poor hubby half to death.

Will hopefully see my surgeon tomorrow at 7a and at that point we'll see if I will still need the catheter.

Hope all is going great for you and the rest of the 12-16 folks!

The dry mouth is so hard! I would take sips and just hold it I n my mouth. I was able to have water right away. Coildnt imagine not having anything. My lips even stuck to my teeth it was so dry. Glad your surgery is done and you're feeling well!

Today is the day!! I will be having surgery at Lenox Hill at 730am with Dr. Edward Yatco. Still excited. Very anxious. And ready to do this!! I will touch back with you guys when I return home (I don't have a smartphone to be able to update. (Boo :c)

Blessings and prayers to everyone else who is having their surgery today as well. And many, many thanks to those praying and supporting us!!

:D

I was sleeved today. Everything is well. I had a hernia that they repaired. I'm in no pain. You know that feeling that you feel when you do alot of crunches? That's how I feel but no pain at all Thank God. I just finished walking and I feel a whole lot better. God is good!

---

I reeeeeally wish I had a similar experience

I feel every bit of my sliding hiatal hernia repair and I'm just about 5 days out ....still feeling like a Mack truck ran over me just under my left breast and mid chest/throat area ..... I'm praying that I recover soon and get off these pain meds so I can be out and about like a normal person

You are very lucky to be feeling no pain this early out, praise God! My hernia was a shock to my surgeon and he warned my mom that I would be in a very high level of pain once i came out of anesthesia

My incision pain is tolerable -- only 4 small to medium cuts; I can live with that

About to start another round of pain and gas meds now.... Ouch ouch ouch!

Leaving for the hospital in 45 min. Wish me luck! And good luck to all the other 17th sleevers.

Morning December Sleevers. Im on day two of my post-op. I was told my surgery only took 45mins. As soon as I was able to go to the bathroom I made laps around the halls. Walking really helped the gas pains but it also made me nauseous. My nurses were so nice and me feel comfortable. The first day I couldn't drink anything. This morning around 5 I was given a sf popsicle. I ate it no problem. I thank God for minimal pain. I hope everyone else feels the same.

Got up this morning, so they could draw blood... I was sleeping so well from 3-5 but these of the night I awoke every hour and half! I would look at clock and be surprised it had been that long. Finally got some Water just now!! Barely a sip and thought I was going to be sick! Will keep plugging away at it and mark my sheet of every fifteen minutes to dry to dot an oz! Hope the others yesterday are doing grand, best of luck to the rest if the weeks sleevers!

Edited by tami j