Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I bought the Atkins Protein Shakes and now I am soooo sick of them!Today I bought EAS. Do I need to go to a powder and make my own? Where are good recipes? I need to find a good Protein Shake that at least I can stomach for awhile! PLEASE help! (I hate bananas and Peanut Butter if you can believe that!)

I use Unjury powders. They have a billion or so recepies on their website. You can get a sample pack. Most good sources have sample packs. Try em all. (I just add a squirt of that 'add to liquid' stuff when I want a change.

Do you like the EAS? If so, I'd add some unflavored Protein Powder to them bc they could use a higher Protein count.

Oh, and most people seem to prefer the ready-to-drink Premier Protein shakes

My favorite powders are unjury chocolate Splendor, lots of the Syntrax Matrix flavors, and Chike Protein coffee and banana Magic. Have to be careful with the Chike as it is a little bit spendy in terms of calories and carbs for my plan. The Syntrax Matrix flavors are great -- I like almost all of them. They have a Mint Cookie flavor and a Peanut Butter Cookie flavor that I really love! Again, those two are a bit higher in calories and carbs than their usual flavors so I don't have them that often. Definitely get samples before you commit to buying a big tub.

If you go to the Protein powders & drinks forum here there is a pinned thread with TONS of recipes. I can't use some of them because again, they are too high calorie and high carb for me, but there's lots of good stuff in there. I do try to doctor them up to keep them interesting. Yesterday I made an iced peppermint mocha protein shake:

1 cup Hood Calorie Countdown nonfat dairy beverage

1 scoop Unjury chocolate Splendor

1.5 tsp instant espresso granules

1 pump Torani sugarfree peppermint Syrup

2 T. fat free Reddi Whip

140 calories, 8 carbs, 27 gr protein, 0 gr fat and really delicious!

Here's another new favorite of mine, orange pumpkin cheesecake protein shake:

1 cup Hood Calorie Countdown nonfat dairy

1 scoop Syntrax Matrix Orange Cream Protein Powder

1 T. sugar free cheesecake pudding mix

1/8 t. pumpkin pie spice

1 pump Torani sugarfree pumpkin pie syrup

I drank a lot of RTD Protein shakes right after surgery but I can't handle them anymore. They all taste fake and weird to me. I prefer to make my own.

The only Protein I can drink is the Premier Protein drinks. I stocked up on a whole bunch of samples pre-op and this is the only one I can tolerate. I am just very happy that I found Premier because I would have problems getting in my protein without them. I buy mine at Costco's. $24.99 for 18 drinks.

My surgeon does not allow pre-made shake. Post-op I can no longer tolerate the flavored powdered Protein so I've gone to unflavored whey isolate powder & add it to flavored water or add sugar-free Torani, DaVinci or Walden Farms syrups. Since I moved to purée & soft foods I can add the powder to them if I need more protein.

I developed an allergy to the whey Protein and the artificial sweeteners so its been a HUGE challenge for me to find a Protein shake.. But alas I found one... And it's really good for you as it's completely whey free and gluten free.. And egg free...

Hopefully that pic shows up.. It's called 7.2 and its only in vanilla flavor. But if you add PB2 or blueberry or banana it is really good.

post-66336-13838396087453_thumb.jpg

if you want a really great tasting, highly nutria-filled shake - look into "Body By Vi" - Visalus - It awesome and probably the best tasting I've every experienced. Its a debit by month program and if you get people to sign up for it - pyramid - you get yours free after 3 people. Great for weight loss, high in Fiber, VERY HIGH Protein, 2 shakes are all your daily Vitamins for the day. They promote - 2 shakes, 3 Snacks, 1 meal. PERFECT for a sleever!

My friend just mailed me Visalus sweet cream and it's a LIFE SAVER!!! I was having so much trouble with being able to choke down disgusting Isopure, etc.

Visalus is an awesome product - its so low in sugar and carbs that its highly recommended for diabetics - I love it and really have no tolerance for "sweet". Right now I'm waiting on my order to ship and trying to get down Lean Shake/GNC and its just blah to me. I mix Vi with unsweet almond milk and some fresh fruit - berries usually - its AWESOME...

I love Body Fortress. Its at Walmart for $15.98 for almost 2lbs of powder. It's 30 grams of Protein a scoop. I mix it with milk.

I like Body Fortress too. I've had samples of other kinds but always come back to this. Since my surgery I have finished one tub each of vanilla, strawberry & chocolate. All are good but the strawberry is weak tasting so I add a squirt of raspberry Torani. I also use a LOT of NOW unflavored Protein. I used to like the RTD Premier Protein but I cant stand it anymore.