Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Extended Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

8 MORE days til' shower? How many days is that total? You'll be lookin' hot and smeeling NOT!! ha ha ha just kiddin'. I bet it was good to sleep in bed! I hope your getting enough rest, and taking good care of yourself, inspite of the boredom. Did you get to get into the sports bra yet? Have you been able to check it out yet? I hope your results just blow you away (in a good way of course). Speedy recovery to you Julie!!!!!!!!

I'm just getting in on the tail-end of this! I hadn't seen this thread until today. Julie, you're amazing, and an inspiration to someone like me--34 this July with over 200 pounds to lose as well. I can't wait to see the results! Congratulations!

Julie: a friend of mine who recently had a tt and breast reduction, was calling herself "spongebob square boobs" LOL she loves them.. I can not wait to see her in person!

I am so glad you are doing so well!

Julie, I been checking this page everyday since your surgery to see how your doing. and just want to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope all is going well. Keep your spirits up and take care of yourself.

Well Mazie, you can't take an host-to-goodness shower until your stitches come out. Dad says the earliest they'll come out is Monday and the latest is Wednesday. Wednesday would be TWO FULL WEEKS of no shower. Fortunately, I can still sit on the side of the tub and wash the important places, shave my legs and wash my hair, so it's not as bad as you'd think. It's just my torso that hasn't seen Water in a while.

Today, I get the stitches out of my breasts and move into a sports bra. I also get the last of my tummy drains out. YEA!

My Dad and Stepmom are leaving to go to an out of town wedding and my Mom's coming to stay with me for 3 days. I'm excited for the change (as great as my Stepmom has been -- and she has been) just to make the time pass. Plus, I think I can get Dad to agree to let me ride in the car. I'm seeing Target in my future, even if I have to ride around on one of those little mechanical carts! Woohoo! (I may be getting my hopes up for nothing -- we'll see).

I weighed and am down 10 lbs from pre-op. They took off 12 lbs and I know I've lost more from not eating this week, so I bet I still have 10 lbs of swelling in me. Still, the 180s are nice....

Hey, Julie

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Do you know why they use regular sutures instead of dissolvable ones? Can you wear normal clothes and go out in public with the drain tubes still in? Have there been any surprises in the post-op stage? After my lap-band surgery, I was surprised at how long it took before I could bend over again. If I had known it was going to take 4 weeks, I would have had my legs waxed before the surgery. Are you encountering any of those "I wish I had known" moments?

That is so exciting that you're down another 10+ lbs. I'm so happy for your success. It's such an inspiration to those of us who are still fairly new to banded life. I find myself constantly checking this thread for updates on your condition.

Do you know why they use regular sutures instead of dissolvable ones? Can you wear normal clothes and go out in public with the drain tubes still in? Have there been any surprises in the post-op stage? After my lap-band surgery, I was surprised at how long it took before I could bend over again. If I had known it was going to take 4 weeks, I would have had my legs waxed before the surgery. Are you encountering any of those "I wish I had known" moments?

They use regular sutures on some places and dissolvable ones on others. My belly button and nipples have dissolvable ones. My tummy mostly has regular ones, except around on the sides where it has regular ones and staples. I think it has to do with how much stress is on the given area, but I've never actually asked.

Yes, I wear normal clothes, as long as I don't have to lift my arms too high to get into it. V-necks and things that zip or button up are the best, though by now I can get into most tops unassisted.

I can bend over fine. What I can't do is stand up straight. They don't want me to do that for at least 3 weeks. You walk in kind of a crouched position to protect the incision line. Can you imagine? My stomach is so flat that the incision line could pull if I stood up too straight! 3 weeks of crouching isn't much to pay for that, I think. I haven't left the house yet. Not because I couldn't, but because they've asked me not to. Dad just wanted me to take it as easy as possible for a couple of weeks to ensure the best possible recovery, so as boring as it is, I'm trying to comply.

I don't have any of those "I wish I'd have known" moments. I knew everything so far, though, ask me again when I've seen the actual results. I might feel differently once I've actually seen my skin.

You're doing great. Sounds like your being patient and not pushing the envelope, probably a good thing when you live with your surgeon!

Julie, I hope the boredom isn't too much to tolerate. I just got my band 4-2-07 and I have been up and around since I came home. It took 8 hours from check in to check out. I was doing light house work and had company day 1. I went shopping days 2 and 3. I can not stand being bored, I also get cabin fever very quickly. I am thinking of you often. May your recovery go quickly, and with great results!!

It took 8 hours from check in to check out. I was doing light house work and had company day 1. I went shopping days 2 and 3.

I was the same, Maziemommy. I was home in 8 hours and went back to work post-op day 2 simply because I was BORED. Bored, bored, bored. It is different this time though. This was a much bigger surgery. I needed the 2 nights in the hospital and the 2 weeks of downtime. I feel totally fine, but my body gives me subtle reminders that it's been through a lot.

On the plus side, I'm starting to feel THIN. My stomach is flat, my breasts are perky and my face and arms are thin. My legs and hips still have some meat, but it's not so bad. I could be happy at this weight, though I do plan to lose 30ish more....

Wow, you are almost through the roughest part of recovery. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures!

Julie- did he work on your arms too? Or just the tummy, breasts and didn't you say thighs? Maybe you should give me another discription of what all has been done for you. I am sooo excited for you!! I just don't know how I could deal with the boedom- you are truely a champ!!! I am sooo proud of you for being such a good post op patient!! It seems so very important to comply with doctors orders to have the kind of outcome you desire. How is it working, being watched over .... by the doctor himself(Dad)? I hope the time goes quickly for you- keeping you in mind all day long. Take care.

Julie, sounds like you are being the model patient! I can't even imagine having a flat tummy!

You are a huge inspiration, thanks for sharing!

Julie- did he work on your arms too? Or just the tummy, breasts and didn't you say thighs? Maybe you should give me another discription of what all has been done for you....How is it working, being watched over .... by the doctor himself(Dad)?

Nope, no arm work yet. Arms and legs have to wait till I'm at goal. I did tummy and breasts only. On the tummy, he extended the incision around the hip, almost like a LBL (where it goes around nearly 360 degrees to address back and rear end issues). The point of that was that I had a big roll (an extension of the tummy roll) on the sides of my waist/top of my thigh. This was above where the "saddlebag" thigh area is -- more like a tummy roll on the side, i.e. up at the waist. The extended incision addressed that area more than the actual thighs.

On the breast lift, I have an extended incision under the armpit (like by the top rib) that allowed him to take out the fat/skin roll to the side of my breast, under the arm. I think I'm happiest with that part! My arms lay flat against my side now. I haven't gotten a good look at the scar yet, but I'm sure it's worth it.

Being "watched over" by my Dad is fine. He's actually out of town for the weekend, but in general, it's fine. They're a little over protective and I'd definitely be doing more if I were home, so it's probably best that I'm with them!