Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Extended Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

You are a real trooper! I sometimes do "too" much, even if I know better! I'm glad they are there to "help" restrict you. It is great that you have such support... I often hear people who, for what ever their reasons, don't share with their families what they are doing..ie. getting the band! I can't imagine feeling so alone at this time. I'm glad your family is there to help with your recovery.

Keep your spirits up (as high as your new perky...-------.) ha ha ha!!!!!

Well, today I'm a little more swollen than I'd like and I'm a bit worried about it. I don't know if it's just normal swelling or -- my big fear -- that I've got a seroma in the works. We'll see, I guess. I'm probably worried about nothing, but Dad'll be home in a few hours and I guess I'll get his opinion then.

Congrats on ... everything! Weight loss, model recovery, exercise, etc. I've enjoyed this thread and can't wait for pictures!

Julie, I hope it is NOT a seroma. But even if it is, you can feel confident that your dad can take care of it.

I ran a little faster on Saturday, knowing how frustrated you are at sitting around. It won't be long and you will be back in your running shoes. Just think how much easier it will be to run with less weight, and a tighter body!!

Well, the stitches come out tomorrow and I'll post some pictures when they do -- AFTER my --- wait for it ---- ahhhhh, SHOWER!! No shower for 2 weeks is NOT fun! Actually, it's not as bad as you'd think. I managed to wash my hair and shave my legs pretty normally, then sponge bathe the rest of me, so it hasn't been TOO TOO bad. That said, I can't wait for tomorrow!

When Dad got home and looked at my stomach swelling he said it was completely normal and expected. He tightened the binder and everything went back to normal in about 6 hours. As I figured, I was worried about nothing. He said it was a little early to be worried about seromas anyway, that it's really between weeks 2-3 that he would worry about them for me. Anyway, so far so good.

I'm feeling really good. I worked about 6 hours today (from home). My head is clear and I don't need to nap so much anymore. If I were in NYC, I could completely be back at the office by this point. I could have done this surgery with 2 weeks off instead of 3, for those of you in the planning stages.

Lastly, today is my bandiversary. I'm going to do a separate post on the main thread, but I'm down 173 lbs in a year. It almost doesn't seem real.

Take care,

It is amazing the amount of weight you have lost in a year. I told the psychologist that my goal for the first year is to loose 72 lbs and he thought it is unrealistic if he hears about you he'll fall flat on his tushie.

How have you lost all that weight in a year?

Julie I am sooo proud of you- I am one week-aversary and hope I have half the success you have experienced and I'll be thrilled!! If I lose 173# before 4-2-08--- I would take out another loan just to come vistit your dad!ha ha ha!

It is amazing the amount of weight you have lost in a year. I told the psychologist that my goal for the first year is to loose 72 lbs and he thought it is unrealistic if he hears about you he'll fall flat on his tushie.

How have you lost all that weight in a year?

I was really ready to lose the weight and wanted to make as much progress as possible, as quickly as possible. Some people prefer to take things more slowly and I totally get and support that. For me, at 5'2 and 358 lbs, neither my body nor my spirit wanted to stay at that weight, so the first 75 lbs came off with almost no effort. The second 75 came off equally quickly due to moderate daily exercise (about 45 min of cardio most days) and tracking calories (not with the goal of staying below X calories, but just for accountability). The last 12 came off with my Tummy Tuck, then healing took about 10 more off with it!

72 lbs in a year is NOT unrealistic. You can do it.

Julie I am sooo proud of you- I am one week-aversary and hope I have half the success you have experienced and I'll be thrilled!! If I lose 173# before 4-2-08--- I would take out another loan just to come vistit your dad!ha ha ha!

Haha! You're going to do GREAT Maziemommy. I can't wait to watch your success in the coming year! Congratulations again on getting banded. When is your first fill?

YOu sound healthy and well and very happy Julie. I cant wait to see the pics.

I dont think 72lbs in a year is unrealistic either. I've managed that and I had a BMI of 35, I have never counted a gram of fat, Protein or carbs, let alone calories!

At my psych eval when I said that I expected it would probably take a couple of years, maybe even a bit longer, for all my excess weight to come off the psychologist told me that it was entirely possible for me to lose all of my excess weight in just one year and so forth. Well, we'll see. Thursday is my 24th birthday. My goal is to be as healthy as possible on my 25th birthday (or at least working steadily toward better health. I also want to have an organized house). Now if only I could figure out what the secret is to keeping one's figure during a pregnancy (or at least getting it back soon after), because I'll probably one of those cute little money drains (aka children) in a couple of years. I love reading threads like this! They are such an inspiration for me!

I found not gaining weight during the pregnancies the easy bit. It's afterwards when you're sleep deprived and totally enslaved that its difficult!

Julie-

What a thread. Wow. You are amazing! I have my Lap surgery TODAY and this thread has dispelled all fears, thank you.

I'm an NY girl too (lived in Hell's Kitchen for years, now we live on Long Island on the beach) I'll be banded at Syosset Hospital.

I had a breast reducton by the great Dr. Nolan Karp in November 2003. I recovered very quickly and LOVE the results. I know a TT is in my future (especially after a 10 lb. baby). I love idea of not standing upright for fear of stretching my taught belly....awesome. That will be my new fantasy! lol.

Thank you again and congratulations for all your accomplishments. You are an eloquent, beautiful, strong woman. NOW GET UP SOME PICS!

I've been following this thread and Julie is amazing! Wow, 173 pounds in one year!!! I was banded on Feb 9th and I am going for my first fill this Saturday. Right now I don't have any restriction but I hope that all changes this weekend!!!!!

I can't wait to see the pictures also. It sounds like you are in great hands with your Dad watching over you.

Thanks for being such an inspiration!!!:clap2: