Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Extended Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift

Well, the update for today is I got the recliner chair rented (actually my step-mother did -- thank you Step-mom!) It's the kind with the controller that lifts you up to get out of it more easily. She had a TT and used something similar, so I'm excited about it. I think it'll be the right thing.

Also, the hospital admissions called to verify my info, so this is starting to feel real. Last night I had a crazy dream that I came out of sugery, recovered for a few days, then took the bandages off (imagine a soap opera type reveal) and they'd not removed my apron -- they'd just stapled it to my thighs! Crazy dreams.

Julie,

I just read your post and can't believe it's just over 2 weeks away! You've done so well and have been my inspiration throughout the process... I have no doubt that those last 10 pounds will be gone *poof*

Keep us posted :)

Go Julie! Good luck on your run today. And I see "Onederland" just around the corner!

Hi Julie~

I am Julie also.

Congrats to you!!!

I had a breast reduction about 17 yrs ago. Then 3 years ago I had a TT and a breast lift. Although, I was still overweight it has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself....(LBS will be the all time best thing.)

When I had my breast reduction I was a 48HH. They took 4 1/2 cups of tissue off the right side and 5 1/2 cups off the left, I lost 14 lbs.

Then when I had my lift I was back up to a 42DD. I am currently about a 40 D or DD. They removed 10 inches of tissue from my tummy and took 8 lbs with lypo.

I never lost any weight prior to having it done. But, I think after the weight loss from LBS I will be ok except for upper arms and thighs.

I am very excited for you!!!

CJ,

Would you mind sharing with me how your recovery was? Is there anything I'm not thinking about that would really help me along?

Your lapband surgery is going to be a breeze! For me, post-op day 3 was the hardest. Not so much pain (worst in the left shoulder) but just fatigue. It was a pretty easy recovery for me. I'm so excited for you!

Boo, Thanks for your well wishes! My race went phenomenally well. I'm deciding whether I want to do the 5 miler next weekend, or whether that's just too much for now. We'll see, once I see how I've recovered from this one, tomorrow or Tuesday.

COME ON ONEDERLAND....

Julie~

When I had my breast reduction I did real well...except that the nipple tissue died and I had to have it removed. If it had not been for that I would have only taken pain med for about a week.

When I had the TT done I had a lift chair like you said that you got. I could not get in and out of a bed or on and off of a couch. I had a lot taken off and I was miserable. I spent 3 weeks bent over. I took the entire 6 weeks if not a little more to recoup.

I did get an infection in the TT incision that took a bit longer to heal. But I tend to get infections easily. I know a bunch of people who have had it done and had no problems at all.

Good luck to you!!!

Julz

Well, the update for today is I got the recliner chair rented (actually my step-mother did -- thank you Step-mom!) It's the kind with the controller that lifts you up to get out of it more easily. She had a TT and used something similar, so I'm excited about it. I think it'll be the right thing.

Also, the hospital admissions called to verify my info, so this is starting to feel real. Last night I had a crazy dream that I came out of sugery, recovered for a few days, then took the bandages off (imagine a soap opera type reveal) and they'd not removed my apron -- they'd just stapled it to my thighs! Crazy dreams.

AHHHH! I'm SOOO excited for you JulieNYC! Wow. You are so close to being able to see your feet, top and toes and even your knees! WOO HOO. Keep these wonderful posts. They are such a joy to read!

We will all be watching....and waiting! I hope you will have the courage that spydr had...and show us all kinds of pics......please please PLEASE!!!! I know it is a very personal thing and very difficult for some to share! I am 350# plus and 34 (almost 35) years old. I hope to be a BIG loser in a year. I don't have any help with expenses for PS (or lap-band), so I need to be very informed to make a good choice. I don't know how old you are ....but a picture is worth 1,000 words or more. I think we would all love to your experience, and journey with you. If you are unable to "show" us your experience, I do understand. I will be rootin' for you all the way!!! Wishing you a safe, sucessful, surgery and recovery....you have done wonderful so far......congratulations!!!!

Maziemommy, I'm 34 -- just like you, and formerly 350+, just like you! I'm certain you'll be a BIG loser in a year. Woohoo!

Yes, I'll certainly share some "honest" pics of the recovery when the time comes. I can't believe I begin the journey a week from today. CRAZY.

CRAZY is that how it feels?

I,m so proud of your accomplishment so far.

I think it would be a great comparison because of our similar stats.

I hear people say ....at your age, sagging skin etc... won't be a problem.

I think since you seem very similar in age and weight, (and having surgery) maybe that's not true.

Do you think if you waited another year you skin would shape to your body?

PERHAPS people are just trying to find something positive to say.

Maybe your Dad knows more about what can happen at our age than the average person....what does he say?

You are so brave and lucky to have Dad there to help!

Julie your weight loss success is phenomenal!! I can't wait to see how your PS goes. You are going to look awesome!

wow, I am really impressed with how you've done. I think you're someone I'm going to follow as an inspiration.

this may be weird for me to ask, but is it weird for you to be operated on by your dad? or weird for him? for some reason I didn't think docs would operate on close family members.

BUT, like someone else said, I'm jealous - free PS, yipee!

best of luck, I can't wait to follow your progress!

Karen

Karen, I've been operated on by my brother. I felt completely safe in his hands. He felt very pleased to be able to do that for his family!