Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is a working person suppose to get all these pre-op tests done!?

I'm so overwhelmed!!

<O:p</O:p

My job has been understanding so far but that patience is going to wear thin soon!<O:p</O:p

Time off for:<O:p</O:p

Surgeon consult<O:p</O:p

Upper GI consult - then another appointment for the test<O:p</O:p

Nutritionist<O:p</O:p

Shrink<O:p</O:p

Pulmonary Consult - then another appointment for the sleep study<O:p</O:p

Cardiac Consult w/ EKG & ECHO - then another appointment for the stress test<O:p</O:p

An appointment each month w/ my PCP for the 6 month diet<O:p</O:p

Plus I just had some major dental work done to be sure my teeth are in perfect shape – chew-chew-chew. That’s been 4 appointments in the last 8 weeks!<O:p</O:p

</O:p

How do people who work a regular 9-5 M-F job do it? :help:

Going to Mexico is looking better and better - lol</O:p

I picked a doc close to where I work. I did my stuff on my lunch hours and first thing in the AM or late in the PM.

A long lunch hour might be more acceptable than coming in late or leaving early.

Good Luck!

I scheduled as much of it as possible on the same day. If you explain your situation when you're making the appointment, they understand that we have to work....

Good luck!!!! You can do it!!

I work a regular job but it's completely flexible. I can work from home if needed, leave when needed, split my day up in whatever way works for me. If I had a job where I was somehow tied to the business hours, or required to be in my office during the entire time - I don't know. Maybe they have weekend hours? I know my psychologist, dietician, etc. did. Or maybe just try to line up as many appts as possible, in a row, so one day can take care of 3 or 4 of them. *shrug*

Good luck!

When I was a child, my parents would tell me there are never enough hours in the day, but it took a very long time before I understood what they meant. :)

Yeah it's really frustrating...especially at first when you're doing all the "insurance required" appointments...my husband had a meeting with his boss...told him he was going to have surgery in a few months and will have MANY pre op appointments. His boss was really great about it. However, everyone in the office is now pressing him about "what's up wit all of these appointments??? are you dying or something??". He's a very private person and just keeps telling them he doesn't want to talk about it. Hmmm....how did I get here in my ramblings??? Oh yeah...the office staff isn't thrilled with all the appointments...but his boss is cool...and that's what counts. For me...I'm a stay at home mom...so I gotta lug at least one kid with me to every appointment!! lol

I lucked out due to scheduling at my crazy job and most of my appointments just ended up falling on my days off.

Had to take off one hour early one day and one whole day off, except for the actual surgery which will be quite a chunk of time.

Sucks, but has to be done.

Well, I was in the same place, work was ok but starting to get frustrated, with my appts, and 2 children with Asthma and just only a year back from maternity leave. I asked my pcp to fill out Family Leave Act paperwork for me, you can ask your HR dept for papers, and had them put for care and appts for me, then had children's dr complete forms for care of them and legally, I could not get in any trouble or penalized for taking time off for appts. If you don't have time to take you do not get paid, but on another note, it will cya when you are on disability as well. It is good for 1 year up to 12 weeks off total.

Hope that helps

except for the actual surgery which will be quite a chunk of time.
Is yours bing done in- or out-patient?

My surgery was on a Wednesday. I went shopping Friday, and took an out of town road trip Saturday, worked Monday. And I'm lazy.

I am having mine on a Monday and hope to be back to school on Wed. it is only 2 hrs in the am and 2 at night.

that is good to know it might be possible