Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size 26 to a Size 20! :) I feel great, here's an update! ;)

Hey guys! :)

So there are so many people to thank on this forum, but, to be all-inclusive, and not leave anyone out on accident, I'll just put it like this: Thank you guys so, so much for everything. Anyone who has prayed for me, answered a question I had, become a friend, talked to me, asked me questions, commented on my status updates, given me a like or two, and just made me feel like a part of this community, thank you. Here, have the biggest virtual hug in, like, the world. o=(^o^)=o

Okay, so here's how my life has gone lately, and it's pretty amazing, and you guys are a HUGE part to thank! :)

I have lost 51 pounds since July 2nd, when I started living LAP-Band law, as I've coined it, and 10 of those pounds have come off since surgery, Oct. 2nd. Now, I'm only counting my official weigh-ins at my doctor's visits, but I can tell you that number is lower now, because I do, just for fun, weigh myself at home, to see if I'm fluctuating and how so, you know? Just curiosities. I don't even weigh in the same clothes so I can see how heavy my clothes are! I'm lame, but fun, love me anyways. -shrug- So, basically, I can't fit in my clothes anymore. I couldn't even fit in my underclothes anymore, so yesterday I went shopping with my best friend Ryane and my parents, and I have fitting clothes now, and I'm proud to say that my 26 jeans that fall off of me are now replaced with a pair of size 20 jeans!! =) Now, a 20 is still plus-sized, but this is still a big deal for me! I buy my clothes at Lane Bryant, and I love Lane Bryant, and so I know, going from their size 26 to their size 20 is a pretty huge accomplishment in my book! I have a long way to go, but I feel like I'm on the right track, and it feels great to be going down sizes instead of up! I also went from 22/24 shirt to an 18/20! :) Yay! :) It feels good to have jeans that fit me, but mostly, it feels AMAZING to be able to by smaller clothes instead of larger clothes. I'm usually so embarrassed by buying clothes and, this time last year, I can honestly say I was scared that I was going to grow out of Lane Bryant's clothes and be too big for them. I didn't know what I would do then! It feels good to know that maybe I'll eventually just be too small for their clothes, and I'll miss them, but I'll be able to replace them with dozens of other cute, and possibly cheaper, stores. :) <3

Me in my new jeans and shirt:

1382863_224913894341900_1113908506_n.jpg

So, when I went to my Post-Op appointment, Ms. Betty, my nutritionist, told me that sometimes things in life just fall into place. I've really experienced that through my LAP-Band journey. All at the same time, I've become a Biology tutor (my first "real" job, with paperwork and background checks and bi-weekly paychecks and sign-ins/sign-outs and all that kind of stuff) and I love it! I was so nervous, because I'm NOT a biology major (History with an English minor) but I do know this teacher so well, and I have actually been able to help her students, and I love helping people, and I just love my job! <3 It's part time, it's $8.25/hr., but it's a big step for me. It's a real, regular job, and I feel pretty blessed to have it right now, AND it's through the school, so they're willing to work around my schedule so that I can continue my own education as well! God has really, really blessed me this school year with opportunities like this. <3 Anyways, on Friday I had my worker ID (top one) made, and in August I had my student ID (bottom one) made. I'll keep them both forever, because the difference in my face is incredible, and I'm so pleased with everything:

1393364_224574784375811_1060545090_n.jpg?oh=67a8d6780bd16d7b14388dcea52b5e13&oe=5265C2CA

Those of you that have read my introduction post know that I have a condition called "Hidradenitis Suppurativa", and it's painful, and it's awful, and some people say that weight loss can make it occur less frequently. Well, I can say this: my attacks have been the same in frequency so far, but not in severity. They're much less painful and much smaller, and I definitely call that progress. This was my number 1 reason for getting the LAP-Band, and I am so far pleased with the results. It's wonderful to not constantly worry about being in pain and whether or not I can put my arms down. I'm not where I want to be with it yet, but I'm not weight-wise either. Once again, I'm on the right track! <3

For those of you who like my art, here's the latest part! This is a thank you card that I made for my church. I drew it and everything. They sent me the most beautiful flowers the day of my surgery, so I drew them in the thank you note and wrote them a poem and stuff. Like I said, I've really had a dream journey. Good support from everywhere, and great goals being reached at a comfortable pace. I'm so grateful for the early part of my journey, and I'm sure that it will always be fondly remembered. Here's my card to the church:

1374265_222494844583805_1200220794_n.jpg

1382416_222494831250473_1324990828_n.jpg

So, again, thank you to everyone following me on this journey, truly, thank you for everything. I've been through a roller coaster ride of everything all at once, but I'm loving my life right now. Everything has gone beautifully. I'm feeling much more confident these days, and I feel much better about my decision to have LAP-Band. Maybe this is just a little success story, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be celebrated along with all the others I'll have in the future (hopefully!) Those of you who are with me in this, and are sending me all those lovely well-wishes, thank you very much. :) <3 Let's continue to enjoy this process together. You guys are more help to me than anyone, and I've found real strength and support and hope lies in the community here. I love you guys! <3

I'm really glad that you're doing so well!!! We were at the dr's office the same day last week and I'm almost positive that you were leaving when I was arriving. I was hesitant about saying anything because your initial profile picture and the Allie I saw Tues. look like two different people! When I saw your new profile picture, I'm convinced that it was you, LOL!

When you go to Lane Bryant again, see if my BFF is there. She's the manager, Tiffeny. She's on a non lap band weight loss journey and she's super sweet and very helpful!

LOVE your beautiful artwork!

Good luck on your continuing journey!!!

I'm really glad that you're doing so well!!! We were at the dr's office the same day last week and I'm almost positive that you were leaving when I was arriving. I was hesitant about saying anything because your initial profile picture and the Allie I saw Tues. look like two different people! When I saw your new profile picture, I'm convinced that it was you, LOL!

When you go to Lane Bryant again, see if my BFF is there. She's the manager, Tiffeny. She's on a non lap band weight loss journey and she's super sweet and very helpful!

LOVE your beautiful artwork!

Good luck on your continuing journey!!!

Darn! We could've talked and stuff! I really did have to get to class though, so maybe it's for the better. We should still meet up sometime, because it's so cool that we met through this and we live so nearby, you know? We can help each other on the way! <3

Thank you for the compliment. I really, really love art, it's my passion.

It was Tuesday!! Yay!! =D That was me!! Sometime around 11-ish? My appointment was early o'clock and I walked into my 11:00 history class at TAMUT a little late, at around 11:30.

Really? I look that much different?

I feel different, healthier, and I cannot remember the last time I've been sick or had a really, really bad HS attack.

It is really great to see you so happy with your lapband surgery.I am glad that you have lost so much of weight and are looking awesome.I sincerely hope that you have a healthy and happy life always.

Hey ladies. From Texarkana as well. I have fill number 3 tomorrow and I'm so excited to hopefully get a little closer to green. Dr Hekier did my surgery, but I see Dr Keilin for my fills.

Darn! We could've talked and stuff! I really did have to get to class though, so maybe it's for the better. We should still meet up sometime, because it's so cool that we met through this and we live so nearby, you know? We can help each other on the way! <3 Thank you for the compliment. I really, really love art, it's my passion. It was Tuesday!! Yay!! =D That was me!! Sometime around 11-ish? My appointment was early o'clock and I walked into my 11:00 history class at TAMUT a little late, at around 11:30. Really? I look that much different? I feel different, healthier, and I cannot remember the last time I've been sick or had a really, really bad HS attack.

I was just getting out of the car to go inside when I spotted you! I would love to meet up sometime though. Have you attended any of the support groups they offer yet? I haven't...:( My appointment was at 11:20, but I got there right around 11.

You do look different from your initial profile picture! I'm really hoping that your continued weight loss helps your HS attacks even more! YAYYYY YOU!!!

Hi SandyM!!! Glad to see some more Texarkana bandsters on this forum. Dr. Hekier did my surgery and has done all of my fills so far. Good luck on your fill tomorrow. I've had 5 fills but didn't get one at my visit last week. I had lost 14 lbs in a month, and Dr. H thinks I'm in the green zone! When were you banded SandyM?

Darn! We could've talked and stuff! I really did have to get to class though, so maybe it's for the better. We should still meet up sometime, because it's so cool that we met through this and we live so nearby, you know? We can help each other on the way! <3 Thank you for the compliment. I really, really love art, it's my passion. It was Tuesday!! Yay!! =D That was me!! Sometime around 11-ish? My appointment was early o'clock and I walked into my 11:00 history class at TAMUT a little late, at around 11:30. Really? I look that much different? I feel different, healthier, and I cannot remember the last time I've been sick or had a really, really bad HS attack.

I was just getting out of the car to go inside when I spotted you! I would love to meet up sometime though. Have you attended any of the support groups they offer yet? I haven't... :( My appointment was at 11:20, but I got there right around 11.

You do look different from your initial profile picture! I'm really hoping that your continued weight loss helps your HS attacks even more! YAYYYY YOU!!!

Thank you, thank you. :)

I haven't attended the support group meetings.

This is both handier and better for me, I don't like being in large groups, I like being one on one, and larger groups work better for me online.

I'm getting over them, but I do have a bit of confidence/fitting in issues at first, and I know that I'd just feel more distracted by people first getting to know me there than I would actually learn anything. It took me a while to start posting here, and I was nervous the first time, but people were really accepting. :)

I'm a really odd, artsy type, so sometimes people just don't get me, you know? That's why I like to meet in smaller groups rather than larger, because you actually get to know people then, you know?

I might try the support group someday, if I really feel like I need it, but for now, this community has been fine for outreach. :)

Hi Allie, I loved reading this update and seeing your pictures -- so happy for you! Congratulations on all this success. Your enthusiasm is infectious, you know? New clothes, wah hoo! You look terrific. (I particularly like the roses coming out of your head -- or is that Bougainvillea?) I have to say, it's pretty exciting to be in on your progress like this -- I'm so glad you are posting here!

Hi Allie, I loved reading this update and seeing your pictures -- so happy for you! Congratulations on all this success. Your enthusiasm is infectious, you know? New clothes, wah hoo! You look terrific. (I particularly like the roses coming out of your head -- or is that Bougainvillea?) I have to say, it's pretty exciting to be in on your progress like this -- I'm so glad you are posting here!

I have no idea. I was at my friend Ryane's house. It's a pretty tree with pink flowers in it. :)

I was standing there, we were eating lunch outside and I asked her to take my picture, so when I stood up, she told me not to move so it would look like the flowers were in my hair. :) <3

I'm glad you're posting here too! <3 I can't wait for your happy, progress updates!!