Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2007 Bandsters Excerise Challenge

Hi everyone! I didn't make my exercise goal of 5x this week, but I did manage to go 4x to the gym. I will be sure to go to the gym 5x this coming week. I hope that everyone is well and had a nice weekend. I am ready to work out hard this week coming up. Gigi

Nope, the program is free - the only thing you might want to buy is the Body for Life book, but you really don't have to.

Who knows, we could be the next winners of the $40K, lol. Actually I think they lowered the prize to $20K, but heck, I'll take it!

I read thru the rules and there is nothing about WLS or being disqualified for having WLS.

let me know if you want more info and I'll send you some stuff.

Hi everyone! I am on a roll this week. I went to the gym Monday and did the eliptical for 45". I went to the gym today and did the eliptical for 45", and the treadmill for 20" , then I went for a 25" walk this evening. I am planning to go to the gym tomorrow too. Gigi

yea i would love all the info i kinda read the work out plan and it was a little confussing so maybe i will get the book you have done great you were banded 1 day before me and have lost 20 more lbs i know i could have been doing better with the food choices but now i am ready to kick it in gear

Gigi - You go girl! You are rockin & rollin!

Nicknack - don't let me stats scare you, they include my preop diet as well. I think I lost about 10 - 15 pounds before my surgery. I was down 20 before my surgery, but then, you know the last supper syndrome kinda hit me and I was eating a lot! So I gained some weight back.

But I don't just count my day of surgery weight - I figure I weighed 248 the day I went to the doc and he submitted my insurance, thats where I started at - even though I didn't have surgery for 6 weeks after that.

My weight yo-yod back and forth - I don't want anyone to feel bad that I've lost more than them - Your doing really good - to me, any loss is a loss and should be congratulation - ESPECIALLY 25 or more pounds you've lost!

I'll gather some information on the BFL and email it to you.

thanks for all the support but is true you have inspired me to get going you have done great andit should not make anyone feel bad each person puts in what they want to get back and i have slacked but not anymore so keep up the good work and i hop i can inspire someone like you have me !! i am going to get the bfl book today and get started i have a wedding to go to soon and i wanna look my best.:)

Hello everyone! it's so good to read everyones posts..I've been busy lately so posting is so hard for me, but here I am..Just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing good and excercising!! YEAH!!!! My restriction isn't much but there is some there. I will have my second fill on tuesday and I'm praying it will help. Besides my 3-6 miles of walking per day I have also started to do my aerobics, stationary bike and weights. My husband and I are working hard every night (usually about an hour). It's cool to have a partner while excercising. It's even better when he's gorgeous!!!!:success1: :) I'll keep you posted!!!

I'm trying to get my hubby to exercise with me too! After he has all of his heart test and the doc okays him, I think he'll be ready for an exercise program.

I ate too much yesterday, Or should I say, I ate the wrong things yesterday so I made myself do an extra time on the treadmill last night.

My hubby is good like that. He loves to excercise anyway...He is a lot slimmer than I am but I got him beat on the leg strength..i used to play field hockey in high school and I used to have to do A LOT of leg strengthening..the cool thing is some of it is still there...:) I know how you feel about eating the "wrong thing"...:success1: I never thought I was a sweet tooth. I mean I LOVE chocolate but other candies or sweets just weren't so important...well, girl let me tell you....They call me from every where now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :faint: So now, I keep trail mix in my car and I found these cool fruit strips by Trader Joes that taste just like fruit roll ups and only 70 cals plus a lot of Fiber (they are all natural dried fruits). I discovered the "all natural" supermarkets and even found some Soy Rice cakes that, for once, taste really good, not like styrofoam!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Last night I went to the gym, and I was meeting a friend to take a "salsa" class. I didn't know how much the salsa would really work me and I wanted to make sure I burned some calories, so I jumped on the treadmill for 30 min at a high steep. I burned like 180 calories before the salsa class.

I was not expecting the salsa class to be such a workout, OMG. That lady worked my butt off! I was sweaten and my face was beat red! Today I'm wondering "why is my outer thighs/butt so sore?" It finally hit me, the Salsa class. She had me working muscles in my butt that I didn't know I had - LOL. I think I will be doing the salsa class again, it was such a fun workout! Plus, I learned a few new dance moves!

So far, I've excercised 2 x's this week, but plan on exercising tonight, Saturday and Sunday - which will put me at my 5x's.

My weight loss seems to be going slow, I bounce back from 201 to 204, a little discouraging, but not totally. I also think its because TOM is about to visit. Once he is gone, I think I should be able to drop again. I seem to be holding Water.

I think I will focus on upping my water!

Everyone, have a great weekend - and remember, Exercise those bootys!

Hey everyone! I haven't made my exercise goal this week because I was sick :(. But, I just realized my vacation for next year is on my bandiversary date!!! So now I have to get my butt in gear so that not only will I look good for vacation but for my one year photos! So I have to start going to the gym when I don't cough like I have emphyzema!!! Keep up the good work!

My hubby is good like that. He loves to excercise anyway...He is a lot slimmer than I am but I got him beat on the leg strength..i used to play field hockey in high school and I used to have to do A LOT of leg strengthening..the cool thing is some of it is still there...:) I know how you feel about eating the "wrong thing"...:( I never thought I was a sweet tooth. I mean I LOVE chocolate but other candies or sweets just weren't so important...well, girl let me tell you....They call me from every where now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:);):) :faint: So now, I keep trail mix in my car and I found these cool fruit strips by Trader Joes that taste just like fruit roll ups and only 70 cals plus a lot of fiber (they are all natural dried fruits). I discovered the "all natural" supermarkets and even found some Soy Rice cakes that, for once, taste really good, not like styrofoam!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Hi Bandida! It sounds like you are doing very well:) I discovered soy rice cakes too. Aren't they delicious? and no cardboard or styrofoam taste. Anyway, you are doing great with your exercise:clap2: Keep up the good work and have a great weekend. Gigi:)

So now, I keep trail mix in my car and I found these cool fruit strips by Trader Joes that taste just like fruit roll ups and only 70 cals plus a lot of fiber (they are all natural dried fruits). I discovered the "all natural" supermarkets and even found some Soy Rice cakes that, for once, taste really good, not like styrofoam!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

I wish we had a Trader Joes, I hear a lot about that place and they have good healthy stuff! The Soy rice cakss sound good, we do have a health food place, so maybe I will try it.

PS - everyone, just got back from the gym, did 50 min on treadmill and burned around 380 calories!