Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2007 Bandsters Excerise Challenge

Hello everyone, I got my first fill today, he put in 2.2 cc's in my 4 cc band. I can totally feel restriction.

I managed to get 5 x's of exercise in last week, and working on getting 5 in this week, but off to a slow start, was so drained yesterday, didn't make it to the gym, but I WILL tonight!

You can do it, Sunshine! That cruise is a total motivator :)

What is carbellos? do they have cute suits? will you PM me the website? :P

I PM's you the link. Its called Carabello or somthing like that. They have lots of cool bathing suits, my dream is to buy one from them - - -some day.

Good Morning January Bandsters! Have any of you heard about Body For Life? Well, My friend did it, and she ended up winning - $40,000 to be exact. Here is a link to her pictures - http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/showphotos.cfm?id=15910 - you need to scroll down to see her after pictures.

Anyhow, I'm thinking about doing it once I can start my strength training, anyone wanna join me? I want to start around the first of April or the middle of April. Its a 12 week challenge. If anyone is interested, let me know and we can start the challenge together.

I didn't exercise Monday or Tuesday - had so much going on, however, I'm back to my exercising today. I will have to exercise EVERYDAY to make my 5 times this week, but I can do it. I am actually going to exercise twice a day or more. I went to the gym on break at work (we have a full gym for our employees) and did 20 min on treadmill at 3.2 mph, burned 160 calories. I will go again at 3:00 and do it again, I will also go tonight after work to my gym by my house. So I should burn around 400 extra calories or more today. My goal is work up to buring 500 calories a day.

My ultimate goal is to get my butt out of bed at 5 am and head to the gym, but I still am struggling to do this. My alarm goes off every morning at 5, and I just turn it off. I'm going to try and set up in another room, then maybe I will wake up enough to go the gym.

So how is everyone?

I can't seem to start up again!

I know it is a busy time for me, my step daughter is getting married and I am the matron of honor. The wedding is next weekend and we have so many little things to do!

I am also premenstrual and tired also stressed out!!!!

I DID IT - I DID IT - I DID IT - I got my rear out of bed at 4:45 and exercised this morning! I'm so happy that I did it!

I'm also down 2 more pounds so I need to change my stats from 206.8 to 204.8 - I'm getting close to ONEDERLAND!

Good job Tonya! Hey I just noticed that your in OK. I'm going to be in OKC for 4 months for training. If it's not too far maybe we can meet up.

I was so tired last night that I was in bed by 8:30. I didn't get to exercise so....I'm going to do 60 min tonight.

Hey,

I've been out three times since Sunday, walking. No chance today as I'm booked all day with NO breaks. Have to eat on the fly. But I can't tell you how inspirational it is to read about others attempts here and the successes. I'm going to ponder the body for life challenge. I had a friend try to convince me to do it a few years ago and I get a little resistant so...didn't!

Sunshine, 2.2 cc's wow! I only got one in the BIG band. Go figure.

You all have a great day!

Shawn

Good job Tonya! Hey I just noticed that your in OK. I'm going to be in OKC for 4 months for training. If it's not too far maybe we can meet up.

I was so tired last night that I was in bed by 8:30. I didn't get to exercise so....I'm going to do 60 min tonight.

That would be cool. I live in Tulsa, which is about 1 1/2 hours from OKC. Will you be in OKC on weekends? Let me know where your staying and when you will be here, maybe I can take off and drive up there and meet you for dinner or something. I would love to meet up with you!

Hey everyone!!! I'm glad to see everyone is keeping up with exercise. I exercised Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed and I'll probably walk on Friday to make up for not working out tuesday.

Tonya--What is body for life? is it a program that you follow? Your friend looks amazing!

Tonya--What is body for life? is it a program that you follow? Your friend looks amazing!

Body for Life is a 12 week program. You eat 5 or 6 meals a day (small) which consist of a portion of Protein (lean) and veggies/carbs (good carbs). When I start the progam, I will have to modify it some. Instead of eating 5 or 6 Body for life meals, it will be much smaller, like 1 oz of meat and leave out the carbs. Anyhow, you exercise 6 days a week, 3 of those days consist of weight training, and 3 days consist of cardio (I'll probably tweak this area too and do 6 days of cardio and 3 days of weight training).

Anyhow with Body for Life, you get 1 free day to eat whatever you want and no exercise. I don't know if I would just cheat, but I would like a day of no exercise.

I bought the book, called "Body for Life" by Bill Phillips. When you build your muscle, you also help boost your matabolism, therefore, you lose more weight even when just sitting. My friend only lost 20 lbs, but gained some muscle and really toned down. She is so hooked on the program now. Grant it, she was only 145 lbs to begin with, but only 5', she is now about 116 lbs and looks amazing. Its all she talks about! I have tried the program several times, but never made it thru the 12 weeks. Oh, one other thing is with the cardio, you exercise first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach and don't eat for an hour afterward, this helps burn the stored fat.

I'm thinking about doing starting it in April. I want to really stick to the program, especially the exercise part, hopefully by August 5th (my cruise) I will be suitable for a bathing suit!

The Body for Life program requires serious commitment, but it does work. I know when I did it before, by the 4th week, people were asking me, "are you working out", i'm not sure why I stopped, I think I got sick or something. And everyone knows, once you get off track, its hard to get back on.

I am feeling really good right now with my fill. I started mushies today, and I had some refried Beans, they were going down a little slow and I could feel the restriction. I'm also doing a "Master Cleanse" with my husband, so I'm not eating much, if anything. Just drinking this lemonaide stuff. I'm supposed to do it for 10 days, but not sure how long I can hang with it. Its not the greatest tasting stuff, but I feel so energetic when I do this cleanse.

Anyhow, I hope all my January Exercise buddies are working their booty off! I hope to see some great progress by the time Easter gets here!

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=1 width="97%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>Round

</TD><TD align=middle>Start no later than</TD><TD align=middle>Finish no later than</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>1</TD><TD align=middle>February 12, 2007</TD><TD align=middle>May 6, 2007</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>2</TD><TD align=middle>April 2, 2007</TD><TD align=middle>June 24, 2007</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=middle>June 25, 2007</TD><TD align=middle>September 16, 2007</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=middle>September 3, 2007</TD><TD align=middle>November 25, 2007</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Above, is the round dates to enter the challenge. So I guess I would have to start no later than April 2nd. I would like to wait until June, but then that would mean I would be on a cruise right in the middle of it. The 8th week is when the changes really start happening, and I always quit before the 8th week.

I'm going to start pumping myself up that on April 2nd I am going to start the challenge. In the meantime, I will continue to do my cardio 5x's a week and eat healthy.

I DID IT - I DID IT - I DID IT - I got my rear out of bed at 4:45 and exercised this morning! I'm so happy that I did it!

I'm also down 2 more pounds so I need to change my stats from 206.8 to 204.8 - I'm getting close to ONEDERLAND!

Sunshine2- That is wonderful! I used to exercise almost every day from 5:30 to 7:00 am. That was when my youngest was still home with me. Now, I go around 7:45/ 8:00 am. You are an inspiration! you are doing so good with your weight loss- Congrats:clap2: . I have gone to the gym 3x this week and have done 45" on the eliptical and 20" on the bike or treadmill. I plan on going tomorrow and Saturday too.

Hello everyone! I am not going to make my goal of 5x's this week, however, I will make it 4. I did not make it to the gym on Friday, I was having some port pain from my exercises on Thursday, I might have over did it a bit. Anyhow, I took Friday off.

I feel so good these days, I just can't believe it. I'm so ready to be in the best shape of my life!

Okay - I didn't hit my 5x's this week, however, I did make it 4. Next week will be better.