Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else want a glass of wine???

Surgery was 2 weeks ago. I have done fine with the pure liquid diet and liquid diet as well. Moving onto the " soft " phase this next week. I was wondering what everyone else's Dr is saying about having a glass of wine in the evening? Mine told me a glass is just fine, however not just yet. I know different Drs have different opinions and just curious what everyone else has been told.

My surgeon advised me to wait a year, and I did.

Alcoholic beverages are empty calories, which as a new Bandster you need to avoid. Also, post banding, less alcohol will have a greater effect on you.

The best approach is to discuss this with your surgeon.

I would follow whatever your doctor's instructions are. They all seem to have their own ideas on the topic so it's best to just stick with whatever yours says.

Personally, I stay away from alcohol most of the time because of the calories. If I do indulge once in awhile, I'm just careful to count the calories against my daily allowance.

I have had a glass of wine every night since I got the band. Yes it is empty calories but I count them and enjoy my wine.

Funny that you propose that question... I was banded three weeks ago and the last fee days I have wanted a glass of wine or champaign.

I have had a glass of wine every night since I got the band. Yes it is empty calories but I count them and enjoy my wine.

Amen to that i had my first small glass of wine last night. it was part of my calorie count made sure to walk extra long and i sure enjoyed.. My dr say's while yes it is empty calories that a single glass of wine once in a while will not hurt. When i asked does it matter how "large" the glass is he laughed and told me to use my own judgement....

My doctor said it's fine, but not during the first three months. But he cautions on lax eating behavior when drinking. And I think he's right. I know that when I do drink, I usually indulge in things I wouldn't normally have. But that's just me :D

My doctor said it's fine, but not during the first three months. But he cautions on lax eating behavior when drinking. And I think he's right. I know that when I do drink, I usually indulge in things I wouldn't normally have. But that's just me :D

i want a couple cases of coors light if i am honest.........i intend to enjoy a glass during the holidays

agree with the others....empty calories, but enjoy

i want a couple cases of coors light if i am honest.........

Sounds good.......what time should I be there? LOL! :P

I had a beer during the day cleaning the garage, the 2 Bloody Mary's when we went out last night for dinner....

You have to know your band, see the big picture, and know yourself.

I never did it within those first few months where I was still getting adjusted to the band, and vice-versa, and I fell into that "Groove" where everything started to happen naturally. Also at that time I leaned not to count, and set free from counting calories and dieting anymore.

Same for me. Eat more when drinking.

Oh how I miss my Sam Adams on game day!!! But for me personally, think it's best to stay away. :)