Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Very Frustrated!!!

:) I just need to vent this and get it out of my system. I am in the process of getting my insurance to approve me for lapband surgery. I am only doing what visits are necessary for preapproval since I have been told I would be responsilbe for these visits if the insurance denied me (BSBCNC). According to their policy I have to do the Dr visit, Nutritionist, Pshy eval, and 5 yr weight history for authorization. Once authorized then I would do the rest of the test. So i have done everything so far. Here I am waiting to hear something from the insurance only to find out my STUPID Dr office from 2 yrs ago has not gotten in my old records for the weight history. It has been a month now and when I call I am given some # for a copying center who says they sent them out yet no one has received them. SO since it has taken WAY LONGER than needed, I have had to reschedule my pulminary appoitment I thought I'd be able to keep (appoint. are a month out at a time-schedule this in Jan) AND I had to call and get them to RESEND the records. Who knows where my other records are at or who is reading them because they were never returned.....I can't believe this...I thought any delay would be from the insurance...not the stupid medical records. Thanks...I feel better now..

Bummer! Will they let you come pick the records up? This might save some time, and also you would have the records in your hand for future reference if needed.

Good-Luck and sorry to hear about the frustration.

I feel ya!!! It's a frustrating process and it's not fair to for insurance companies to make us jump through all these hoops to get a procedure that can greatly improve our health!

My husband and I are both opting for lapband and trust me, I'm dealing with TWICE the stress...cuz, yep, you guessed it...wifeepoo has to deal with all the red tape! All he has to do is diet and see the doc! lol!!

Anyway...just wanted you to know you're not alone...my doc has been draging his feet too...we're still waiting for one more thing from his office that I requested 3 weeks ago!

Two years ago I moved to Texas, so here my story: I had a baby so I have records here from my OB for 2005 and 2006, still I needed 3 more years and guess where I'm from.... Puerto Rico. It was a NIGHTMARE:omg: I had to pay, I sent more than 50 faxes, I sent letters, I sent even my aunt to some Dr.'s offices to get recods for me, finally after more than 35 phone calls later I was able to get all the three years that I needed (last week:clap2: ). So I hope this help a little bit to make you feel better, but I totally understand what you are going thru.

I am just beginning the process of insurance approval since we got new insurance...today! I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end. I'm keeping my surgery date in Mexico just in case.

If it's any consolation, I had to jump through all of those same hoops for BCBSIL and they ended up covering the surgery at 100%, and same for the fills. Once they received my medical records, I had approval within 3 weeks, which is odd, since I'm low BMI and don't have any of the co-morbidities.

With so many hoops to jump through for insurance to pay, I woinder how many people give up so the insurance company gets to keep its money.... I felt bad that my insurance doesn't cover barriatrics and I had to self pay. I gues it's all a mixed blessing. You'll get there.....

That is good to know since my ins is BCBSRI and my paperwork has been submitted for approval. My primary did put in my referral letter that I have been a patient for many years and have struggled with my weight since i have been with them (since i was a teen) so hopefully that will help. I also had to write a letter of my weight history for an insurance requirement, but the girl who does that said everything seemed to be in order. I'll keep my fingers crossed but anticipate something.

Good luck!

Bummer! Will they let you come pick the records up? This might save some time, and also you would have the records in your hand for future reference if needed.

Good-Luck and sorry to hear about the frustration.

Good idea, Sunshine!

I might also reccomend advising this person that you have weight related health issues and you are waiting on these records and the procedure you are having will greatly reduce your health risks. In other words, lean on them in a way that says they are slowing your process down- this could either get a bit of guilt going (if they are human) or (better yet) concern them that there are liabilities to them failing to perform records requests in a timely fashion. I am sure somewhere out there is a law regarding medical records and I am certain a month is too long for them to wait. I worked at a doctor's office and we filled those requests immediately because we always worried that someone needing medical records wouldn't get the treatment/procedure that they needed the records for, and we'd be liable for any bad results of them having to wait.

Good luck :)

Unfortunately the Drs office will not do the easy thing and just run over to their copier and make a copy of my file. They use an out of state copying center who doesn't give a **** that you are having to move appointments because the records they say were sent have never been received. In an effort to find the good in all this I am hoping that this will be the worse and notice from the insurance company has got to come faster than this has taken...lol