Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October surgeries out there...

I am scheduled for Oct. 16th.

Hello all! I just got my date yesterday Oct 30! Happy halloween to me ha, so excited! I have been doing my 6 month program since january lol im so ready to get this done and move on to the next leg of my journey!

Yay! I'm an October girl too! I've been lurking in the boards too, so I'm so excited to find you girls! I don't have a set date but it should be within the first two weeks in October :D

Im 33 and my bday is October 10th so this is my bday present - A new life! And a new body!!

So excited!

I am having surgery October 2nd, and my birthday is October 21st, I started my 2 week liquid diet today.

Dear October, your lives are about to explode!!!the most exciting time in your life is here. You're going to be a mass of nerves and emotions. Excitement followed by bra ra ra ra ra......so followed by complete and total confusion. Do I really need this? What about kids and spouse. It's your month on the roller coaster of emotion.

Just know, going in, this ain't magic, it's close but it's not magic.it took us years to get this fat and out of shape.it takes years ro get it off. Comparing your loss to others leads to heart ache. If you follow your docs rules, you will lose weight. It may not happen as quickly as you like but you will lose it.

You will have stalls, there are times when your body just stops and reevaluates what you've done to it. Ignore the stalls, they are evil and make your brain hurt. Face the stalls with a sense of humor and possibly a glass of wine.

The magic trifecta is exercise, Protein, and Water. Missing any components will slow down weight loss. If you have a true stall (not a 2day stall) either enjoy and wait it out or increase calories and decrease work out intensity or just change things up!

Enjoy the ride, enjoy the ups and downs. There are so many moments along this journey that should be savored, don't lose site of the journey while staring at the goal.

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 198

Soccer momma 73 thank you so much for your post I appreciate the encouragement please keep it coming I am 2 1/2 weeks from surgery and having a hard time hungry all the time praying I am doing the right thing and excited about the future all at one time

Thank you so much soccer mom for your last post. I so needed to read that today. I'm a ball of nerves!

Just makes me sad to see SO many people 3-4-5 weeks post op freaking out and doubting their decision because they don't feel they've lost enough weight or they've stalled already....be prepared! It's gonna happen!!! But if you stick with your program, it WILL happen. Maybe not as fast as you want or as easy as you want, but the weight will come off. I encourage you all to have realistic expectations and to enjoy the journey, not just focus on the destination. That said, this is pretty freaking awesome!!! One of my coworkers slapped me on the butt yesterday and said 'oh my god look at that tight little ass!!!' (Yes we're weird at work). No one had EVER said stuff like that to me before!!!

Thank you SoccerMomma73. I have taken the last 6 months since i finished everything to learn every possible thing i can. typical and non typical stall periods, What to expect when you come home. What to do and not to do..Practice eating and not drinking around meals, taking Vitamins at certain times and not with others. Practicing Protein Shake recipes that arent gross, Its reassuring to have someone that has already been there to reinforce everything in their own words. <3

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but so far, day 2, of the liquid diet isn't too bad. I've been drinking Slim Fast drinks for my meals and Protein drinks for Snacks. I'm using SF Torani syrups to add a variety of flavors. I have quite a sweet tooth, but all these sweet, creamy drinks may get tiresome even for me. Thankfully, some samples from My bariatric pantry arrived today, so I'll have even more variety. Good news is that I haven't felt hungry, yet. Just a little sloshy from all the liquid.< /p>

Molly

I hope I'm not jinxing myself but so far' date=' day 2, of the liquid diet isn't too bad. I've been drinking Slim Fast drinks for my meals and Protein drinks for Snacks. I'm using SF Torani syrups to add a variety of flavors. I have quite a sweet tooth, but all these sweet, creamy drinks may get tiresome even for me. Thankfully, some samples from My bariatric pantry arrived today, so I'll have even more variety. Good news is that I haven't felt hungry, yet. Just a little sloshy from all the liquid.

Molly[/quote']

Just an fyi I was taking the slim fast shakes high Protein. I had to stop taking them 2 weeks prior to surgery because they have vit e and k in them. Most doctors don't want you to get those vits before surgery because it interferes with blood clots

Just an fyi I was taking the slim fast shakes high Protein. I had to stop taking them 2 weeks prior to surgery because they have vit e and k in them. Most doctors don't want you to get those vits before surgery because it interferes with blood clots

As I've read in many posts, it's always best to follow your clinic/Nut/surgeon's plan. In my plan,I have the choice between 5 SF Carnation instant breakfasts per day or 3 Slim-fasts (the 3-2- 1) and two Protein drinks per day for the two week pre-surgery diet. I have the supplies for both, but have only tried Slim-fast days so far.

I will be having surgery on Halloween ( and my husband will be gone ) kinda sad. But happy to have the surgery done

Welcome to October! Will someone else be able to help you?