Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone hungry after surgery?

I am embarresed to say I have been hungry since i woke up from surgery...I am 3 days post op and I keep reading about nausea and vomiting and cant get enough fluids, I am drinking good and no N/V,,,Is this normal? Also what was everybody else eating drinking 1st or 2nd week out?

I am 5 + weeks out and only now starting to feel minor hunger occasionally. What you have is probably head hunger.

I agree. Its probably just head hunger.. I just started to get hungry but not much I am 1 month post op.

Omg ! Me too since day one of surgery i smelled the hospital food and was so hungry. Even tho i did get nauseas i was still craving food ! Im 5 days post-op and craving so much food and im worried about it and the worst thing of all is that im staying at my moms and all shes been doing is cooking and its making my craving worse. I just almost cried a few mnts ago bc all i want is a tiny plate of my mommas food :-(

And when i eat broth like idk i confuse the pains w. fullness pains an surgery pains and then i get nauseas and just stop drinking my broth. Its really been tough for me ! And i start to question if i made the right decision having the surgery. I went to an orientation before my surgery and one woman said that she never feels hungry but when she does eat she never feels full !! And she was post-op ! And it kind of scared me and i hope ot doesnt happen to me !

Oh Grace, I get nervous too...I dont think it is head hunger cuz my girlfriend is staying a couple days with me and I HATE fish any fish or seafood and i told her I was so hungry that if I could I would eat her tuna fish and she said "Nooooo" because she knows how much i hate it....I am almost 4 days post op and I am hoping it gets better... keep me posted....

I am embarresed to say I have been hungry since i woke up from surgery...I am 3 days post op and I keep reading about nausea and vomiting and cant get enough fluids' date=' I am drinking good and no N/V,,,Is this normal? Also what was everybody else eating drinking 1st or 2nd week out?[/quote']

I'm 5 days out.

You're stuck on liquids right now so all real food sounds SO GOOD. At least they do to me. I would think, after a few weeks, when you can add real food into your diet, you wont be feeling that hunger. :)

I'm having to do Clear Liquids this first week: broth, SF Popsicles, SF Jello, crystal light, and Water. It's horrible!

I will definetly keep you posted i was just mssging xxl and told her my appt is on the 15th and im going to ask the doctor if all that im feeling is normal. Ive had nausea and ive actually vomited. I just cant wait to actually eat solids and get into the gym and shed more pounds ! Btw ive lost 9lbs so far ! Its pretty exciting and i will be so much more happier when i hit the gym ! Best of luck and keep me posted as well ! Were only like one day apart from post op and its intertesting to see how different ppls body reacts after the surgery bc sometimes i feel like im alone in what im going thru

@xxlnomore omg i had my first sf popsicle and its like the only thing that i can keep down that wont make me sick ! Even Water hurts and gives me gas pain in my chest. Its the strangest thing !

@xxlnomore omg i had my first sf popsicle and its like the only thing that i can keep down that wont make me sick ! Even Water hurts and gives me gas pain in my chest. Its the strangest thing !

I have heard of others throwing up. Seems to be pretty common, I think. That's awful though. And that gas pain in your chest....ALL THE TIME!!! I have that like all day! It's horrible. Couple more weeks girls; we'll be okay!

Yesss the pain is crazy and it makes me more nauseas and yea i can not wait for the weeks to pass and to be somewhat normal again :-/

I think 4-6 weeks is the turning pt...gas pains will hopefully get better daily..keep moving...it is the gas they used during surg...xoxox

I have heard of others throwing up. Seems to be pretty common' date=' I think. That's awful though. And that gas pain in your chest....ALL THE TIME!!! I have that like all day! It's horrible. Couple more weeks girls; we'll be okay![/quote']

I'm 2weeks post op today &regifted my grits this am ,not a good /1st dumping feeling I wanted. Now going to lay down.

hope you feel better soon, think this will be a learning experience....

hope you feel better soon' date=' think this will be a learning experience....[/quote']

For sure a learning lesson