Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very open with the fact i had the rny i dont tell everyone but my team.mates at work know and refrain from asking me " hey wanna cupcake" and crap like that. i am included in all activites in fact im the one who plans most of them. when they do takeout for pizza or chinese they make it a point to see if i want something that would fit my needs. i appricate the fact that the ask. i made a decision on how i will live the rest of my life and they all are behind me 100%

I respect the point of view of keeping the rny a secret. but for me the more support the better and it has been 100% sucessful.

I agree with this, absolutely!! I was VERY quiet about it before surgery. Now I don't really care who knows. I believe the more support the better! I feel great - nobody will ever convince me that the decision to have RNY was mistake. Given a chance, I think most people are willing to help and support.

So I started a new job last week and they're buying us lunch as a welcome/monthly meeting tomorrow. They're getting 99 which is fine' date=' I think I can find something to eat from them. Nobody knows that I've had surgery. My problem is how do I explain the portion size. Already people are asking if I'm starving myself because I only have a yogurt or Protein Bar for lunch. I really don't want people to know I've had surgery. I already had to turn down an offer of m&ms from the owner. He asked why not so I told them I was on a dr supervised diet and he just stared at me with a strange look on his face. Has anyone else been in this situation and how did you handle it?[/quote']

I just say I don't eat sugar. Or I just tell then I had surgery.

Preop weight 389 current weight 327 that's 62 lbs lost since RNY 6/11/13

I am very open with the fact i had the rny i dont tell everyone but my team.mates at work know and refrain from asking me " hey wanna cupcake" and crap like that. i am included in all activites in fact im the one who plans most of them. when they do takeout for pizza or chinese they make it a point to see if i want something that would fit my needs. i appricate the fact that the ask. i made a decision on how i will live the rest of my life and they all are behind me 100%

I respect the point of view of keeping the rny a secret. but for me the more support the better and it has been 100% sucessful.

I agree with the support helping me be successful. I tell anyone who questions my eating. Noone has responds negatively.

I been stuck at the same weight for 9 days' date=' I'm so irritated by that, Damn!![/quote']

I am stuck at the same weight as well. I think I am going on 9-10 days. :(

I agree with the support helping me be successful. I tell anyone who questions my eating. Noone has responds negatively.

Man, I have such bad English! Lol "has responded negatively is what it should say

Man' date=' I have such bad English! Lol "has responded negatively is what it should say[/quote']

Mel,

acting as your own grammer sniper?

RJ

Mel' date='

acting as your own grammer sniper?

RJ[/quote']

GRAMMAR......Damn it !

Friends, I have to share some exciting news! I came home to find the lab results from my family doctor appointment last week.... I am in tears! Everything is so good

shoot! I hit the send button too soon! My A1C is 5.8, down from 8.9 a year ago! I need a little more exercise because my HDL was too low, but other than that.... all good! So very happy!

Hey all you Juners, i have to share this with you.

I work up in a brave mood after purchasing new specs for my ever changing new look. i went cloths shopping in a non- big and tall shop for the first time in 20 years and actually found cloths that fit....shocked the hell out of me.

bought 2 pair of Kaki pants and several polo shits to get me till christmas ....maybe :-)

my cheeks hurt since ive been smiling so much today. i know i still have a long way to go but ill take this victory and savor it for a little while.

im feeling like a bad ass today :-)

RJ

Hey all you Juners' date=' i have to share this with you.

I work up in a brave mood after purchasing new specs for my ever changing new look. i went cloths shopping in a non- big and tall shop for the first time in 20 years and actually found cloths that fit....shocked the hell out of me.

bought 2 pair of Kaki pants and several polo shits to get me till christmas ....maybe :-)

my cheeks hurt since ive been smiling so much today. i know i still have a long way to go but ill take this victory and savor it for a little while.

RJ[/quote']

So excited for you RJ!!!!! Great job

surgery date 6/11/13 HW: 364lbs. SW: 335.5 CW: 288 GW: 150

My baby is fussy today' date=' I can't hold nothing down...it might have something to do with kidney stones, yes I had to rush to the ER this week because of kidney stones, the worst pain you would ever want to experience, I felt like I was dying, it hurt to breath...I don't wish that pain on my worst enemy....[/quote']

I have been having problems with them too! They are worse than any other pain I swear!!!!

RJ[/quote']

That's because you are a bad ass!!!!

RJ[/quote']

You are a bad-ass! I am proud of you! What a tremendous feeling!

I unfortunately had to go out of town for a funeral 2 weeks ago. I used to work in business management and wore a dress or suit and heels everyday. Not a single one fit and I had to buy a new dress for the service. My sister has gained quite a bit of weight and have me all her smaller stuff that was too small for me before and it's also too big:)