Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Just had a russell stovers suvar free coconut candy. OMG! Shouldve bought them sooner! Yuuuuuummmm.

Just had a russell stovers sugar free coconut candy. OMG! Shouldve bought them sooner! Yuuuuuummmm.

At the ER for the first time since surgery. Was doing so good, down about 94 lbs altogether. Woke up this am in so much pain. Feels like a stabbing pain all around my belly button. This sucka so bad. I hate waiting at the ER, I just don't have patience for this.

I don't know why I am so darn stubborn. I know chicken doesn't settle well with me and I don't even like it anymore but trying to play by the rules I went and grabbed some grilled chicken off a wrap at McDonald's. I was totally unprepared for my case to case visits today I was sent on by my hospice company as usually I have Protein Bars etc. I spent 20min in severe nearly screaming pain feeling like I couldn't catch my breath. I apparently didn't chew the chicken correctly and ate too much possibly too. I have now vomited in the worse parts of town with homeless people looking on. That is totally awful and humiliating at the same time. I finally feel relief but loads of pressure still. Idk if I will ever ever ever try chicken again.

At the ER for the first time since surgery. Was doing so good' date=' down about 94 lbs altogether. Woke up this am in so much pain. Feels like a stabbing pain all around my belly button. This sucka so bad. I hate waiting at the ER, I just don't have patience for this.[/quote']

Keep us updated! Prayers.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#

At the ER for the first time since surgery. Was doing so good' date=' down about 94 lbs altogether. Woke up this am in so much pain. Feels like a stabbing pain all around my belly button. This sucka so bad. I hate waiting at the ER, I just don't have patience for this.[/quote']

That sounds like appendicitis. I sure hope you feel better soon!!

That sounds like appendicitis. I sure hope you feel better soon!!

Appendicits is right lower quadrant pain. If you push on the spot andnlet go and the pain is worse when you release pressure its called rebound tenderness.

HW 255# surgerversary 04/29/13 cw 211#

Hope the visit goes quickly and you get some relief! Doesnt sound like much fun!

I don't know why I am so darn stubborn. I know chicken doesn't settle well with me and I don't even like it anymore but trying to play by the rules I went and grabbed some grilled chicken off a wrap at McDonald's. I was totally unprepared for my case to case visits today I was sent on by my hospice company as usually I have Protein bars etc. I spent 20min in severe nearly screaming pain feeling like I couldn't catch my breath. I apparently didn't chew the chicken correctly and ate too much possibly too. I have now vomited in the worse parts of town with homeless people looking on. That is totally awful and humiliating at the same time. I finally feel relief but loads of pressure still. Idk if I will ever ever ever try chicken again.

Yuck! I dont do chicken anymore for now either! Hope it clears soon.

Still not feeling well today. :( Im almost sure it is related to bowels. I havent went in 7 days. Usually I keep such good track of it but ive been doing so much around here I forgot. Ive taken something the last three nights with no relief. I hope its not a blockage. Guess I'll have to call the dr. I hate feeling yucky.

Doesn't sound like appendicitis to me.

I had appendicitis 4 days after my bypass.

They went thru the same bypass holes to fix it up.

Hope you figure it out soon.

Still not feeling well today. :( Im almost sure it is related to bowels. I havent went in 7 days. Usually I keep such good track of it but ive been doing so much around here I forgot. Ive taken something the last three nights with no relief. I hope its not a blockage. Guess I'll have to call the dr. I hate feeling yucky.

Hope u feel better! I've learned it takes a act of congress to make me go so I know how it sucks so bad!! I'm doing a bit better on daily prunes. Nothing else seems to work. Hope u get some relief soon.

Well Janice..hang in there. I know all to well the big Publix scale I always look at it as I walk into my local one. Fl has indeed been wet..I think we will need an ark here soon. I don't think u should feel bad..the m&ms are just am example u can tolerate some sugar but its not to say u go over a certain amount your body won't decide to act out..I've learned I can allow my body 2 Hershey nuggets..my husband just had to buy 2 bags and yes..bad girl that I am..I've had some but only 2 at a time. I've had my share of watermelon but I was told I could have fruit just go easy on more tropical types as they have more sugar. I love watermelon right now. It's my fav shack until I wake up during the night to go potty several times :) if u go back to myfitnesspal look me up my name there is akmjustice and several people on here have friended me and its been great to see what others are consuming and also gives me ideas. I've been pretty religious about logging my stuff as I know it reins me in. There also has been alot of people on here losing tons of weight..I'm not exactly losing alot but I'm proud of my small victories. I am lucky if I lose a lb a week and my hair is coming out in clumps. I'm happy tho cause I have saggy baggy clothes and underwear that are falling down under my clothes and bras that are starting to bunch up the fabric cause too big. All of this "shifting" while I'm not losing any numbers so I try to consul myself in that. I'm gonna try to pull a tape measure out and let that speak for me. Have u noticed any changes? Well hope u continue to get stronger..u have been thru alot. Love to hear u had a good trip.

Just got this answer from the post-op nurse regarding Medic Alert bracelet: "It is good to have something on your person that lets people know that you had a gastric bypass and cannot have any NGT or OGT(nasogastric or orogastric tubes)." I think I will look into getting one.

Also, I will look you up on myfitnesspal. Haven't done that yet, but I am sure I can figure out how to "friend" someone. I am having a hard time getting enough Protein and staying in the 700-800 calorie range. Plus, chicken, fish, and eggs are still not my friends. There is not much else to eat! Today I had some Decaf coffee (I didn't want to wait anymore!). It was delicious. I only drank 6 oz. But my stomach did feel a little strange afterwards. Eating chocolate...that was my biggest addiction. I've found that I can eat it, but I can only eat a small amount and I am satisfied. I can live with that! There is so much candy around my house, because I had a huge candy station at my daughter's graduation party. But once it is gone (not eaten by me!) I will not have anymore in the house. She heads to college at the end of August, and my house is going to become a no-junk food zone.

I am so bothered by the fact that I am losing maybe 1 lb a week, but I am down 2 clothing sizes, so at least I am seeing improvement (just not on the scale). I lost 38 lbs before surgery, and 27 since surgery, so that is 60+ lbs. I just expected the weight to drop off a lot faster after going through a difficult preop and surgery experience, but there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I need to get to the gym more and walk more (even though it's been about 95 degrees in the Phila area).

Tomorrow makes three months and I have my the month post op appt in the afternoon. man time flys!

HW 358 SW 344 CW 280 RNY 4/11/13<br />

Tomorrow makes three months and I have my the month post op appt in the afternoon. man time flys!

That'should say three month. Dam auto correct!