Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

Do I need to make a trip to your area and set this woman straight in her ignorance? Totally will for you. I hate that people who have not had a loved one or have not gone through the experience seem to think they can voice there opinion on your life! Either support it or don't... But keep the negative comment to yourself nasty people! You have tons of support here!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I know and the support means alot to me. This is a medical professional as well who worked with me and should know the over all benefits. I just think its time to move on in that relationship cause I don't know if I can stay with someone who obviously thinks I'm "cheating". I do have to honestly say that's really about the only negative feedback I've had. My mom had my crying the day is surgery about how I was ruining my temple etc but honestly if that's the case..cheating or ruining my temple or whatever..I prob should have done it sooner! I do at least get up and move more now and feel so much better!

Well maybe I'm being sensitive. Idk. I told my hubby about it when he got home. I had said something about I'm working out more and id like to get strong and do a half marathon in Nov if I could. I told her watching extreme makeover edition last night inspired me too how the girl was so strong. She make the comment that maybe I should have just watched that before I had surgery. That I cheated. Idk maybe I took t wrong but..that kinda hurt me. It hasn't been easy.

I have really looked at my circle of "friends" in the last couple of years. I now choose to keep only those people who support me and are there for me close to me. I got really burned by a former coworker who I thought was my friend. I was used and double crossed and it really took awhile to get over it. I feel I am an awesome friend and want that in return!

That is insensitive and ignorant. I was slacking on the gym when I watched an episode of that show and it inspired me. If they can do it I can do it. I have a tool to help me. But only we know this isn't cheating or the easy way out by any means. If anything it's the harder way out.

Keep your head up. She's just jealous !

That is insensitive and ignorant. I was slacking on the gym when I watched an episode of that show and it inspired me. If they can do it I can do it. I have a tool to help me. But only we know this isn't cheating or the easy way out by any means. If anything it's the harder way out.

Keep your head up. She's just jealous !

I just love all of u guys and am so thankful for the support

I am nicolenaddour on mfp please add me I need to be more accountable!! Lol

Has anyone tried paleo bread?

Has anyone tried paleo bread?

Had never heard of this so I looked it up. Seems like a great thing! Going to madison on Friday, and there is a store there that carries it so I will give it a try!

Had never heard of this so I looked it up. Seems like a great thing! Going to madison on Friday' date=' and there is a store there that carries it so I will give it a try![/quote']

Oh you are a lifesaver. I wanted to order it but I'm not a huge fan of coconut. Would you mind letting me know if you can taste the coconut? We don't have any stores that carry it so I can only order online

I know and the support means alot to me. This is a medical professional as well who worked with me and should know the over all benefits. I just think its time to move on in that relationship cause I don't know if I can stay with someone who obviously thinks I'm "cheating". I do have to honestly say that's really about the only negative feedback I've had. My mom had my crying the day is surgery about how I was ruining my temple etc but honestly if that's the case..cheating or ruining my temple or whatever..I prob should have done it sooner! I do at least get up and move more now and feel so much better!

Its funny your mom said you're ruining your temple. My mom gave me that speech about my tattoos, but did not seem to think wls was ruining my temple...

Well maybe I'm being sensitive. Idk. I told my hubby about it when he got home. I had said something about I'm working out more and id like to get strong and do a half marathon in Nov if I could. I told her watching extreme makeover edition last night inspired me too how the girl was so strong. She make the comment that maybe I should have just watched that before I had surgery. That I cheated. Idk maybe I took t wrong but..that kinda hurt me. It hasn't been easy.

Doesn't sound like you took it wrong to me but I can be sensitive too lol. But truly you need friends who build you up and not tear you down. I lost a friend over this too and it was really rough. I really think it was just her insecurities and the changing dynamic in our friendship. I wish you the best in all of this and you're right if you have not been through this you just don't get it.

Omg ruining your temple?? My personal opinion is that feeding yourself uncontrollable with awful food to the point of obesity is more ruining our temples than this surgery. People get surgery all the time for medical conditions and I doubt anyone would. Insider that ruining your temple. Well that is what we have - a medical condition and how smart and brave of us for taking control and making the right decision to be treated for it. But I know it was your mom who said this and if my mom said this I would probably cry too:( But still-- so not true!!

Omg ruining your temple?? My personal opinion is that feeding yourself uncontrollable with awful food to the point of obesity is more ruining our temples than this surgery. People get surgery all the time for medical conditions and I doubt anyone would. Insider that ruining your temple. Well that is what we have - a medical condition and how smart and brave of us for taking control and making the right decision to be treated for it. But I know it was your mom who said this and if my mom said this I would probably cry too:( But still-- so not true!!

I keep looking at all her health issues and begging her to listen to me and try to regain her health but wls..stubborn tho. I call this rebuilding "my temple" we have various religious differences nowadays.

Its funny your mom said you're ruining your temple. My mom gave me that speech about my tattoos' date=' but did not seem to think wls was ruining my temple...[/quote']

My mom freaked about my tattoos!!! Heard it then too. That and the whole no respectable woman thing blah blah. Yeppers but thankfully I still kinda so my own things regardless.

My mom freaked about my tattoos!!! Heard it then too. That and the whole no respectable woman thing blah blah. Yeppers but thankfully I still kinda so my own things regardless.

My mom made peace with my tattoos after my full grateful dead back piece...it covers the scar from my thoracotomy. Bad scar..beautiful tattoo. My first one in 1983...that one she was not happy about. She got over it...

I agree, our bodies are temples, and we should do what we can to keep them healthy...like not being obese!