Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

So I guess my 4 oz I am now pretty much able to get in isn't a crazy amount. I was panicked thinking I'm stretching out my pouch cause I barely could get in 2-3 tbsp before.

I would think your fine according to my surgeon and dietician I'm actually allowed to eat 3oz of salad with my 3oz Protein and 3oz veggies so a total of 9oz but I cant eat more than 6oz so I do either cooked veggies or salad not both. ...every body is different just like every surgeon is diff I would listen to your body as well

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 309lbs

Just got this answer from the post-op nurse regarding Medic Alert bracelet: "It is good to have something on your person that lets people know that you had a gastric bypass and cannot have any NGT or OGT(nasogastric or orogastric tubes)." I think I will look into getting one.

Also' date=' I will look you up on myfitnesspal. Haven't done that yet, but I am sure I can figure out how to "friend" someone. I am having a hard time getting enough Protein and staying in the 700-800 calorie range. Plus, chicken, fish, and eggs are still not my friends. There is not much else to eat! Today I had some Decaf coffee (I didn't want to wait anymore!). It was delicious. I only drank 6 oz. But my stomach did feel a little strange afterwards. Eating chocolate...that was my biggest addiction. I've found that I can eat it, but I can only eat a small amount and I am satisfied. I can live with that! There is so much candy around my house, because I had a huge candy station at my daughter's graduation party. But once it is gone (not eaten by me!) I will not have anymore in the house. She heads to college at the end of August, and my house is going to become a no-junk food zone.

I am so bothered by the fact that I am losing maybe 1 lb a week, but I am down 2 clothing sizes, so at least I am seeing improvement (just not on the scale). I lost 38 lbs before surgery, and 27 since surgery, so that is 60+ lbs. I just expected the weight to drop off a lot faster after going through a difficult preop and surgery experience, but there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I need to get to the gym more and walk more (even though it's been about 95 degrees in the Phila area).[/quote']

1st time I had coffee my tummy felt odd too. Now it's kinda ok with it. The chicken..I don't know if I can ever put it in my mouth again. I hate eggs..I can tolerate it with something hiding the egg taste. I get concerned I won't be able to tolerate any meat soon. Pork doesn't taste right what I've had so far but nothing like chicken. I have not even had 20grams protein today. Nowhere near enough fluids I'm sure after the vomiting from the chicken.

If u have a hard time adding me to my fitness pal just tell us your screen name and some of us here will friend u. I had soccer mom tell me how or I'd never know myself :) I think u are doing great losing 60+ is amazing. I am trying not to even get the scales out..my husband said he was going to steal them and get rid of them as it was making me neurotic not losing even a 1 every week or so but yet I'm busting some mean saggy Clothes. I guess he's right. Your body has had a bit more to heal from that most her so u def deserve some time to heal. Your daughter gone off to college..you may have to start Sexy Sunday.. :) I will just say my husband thinks I'm crazy but when my son was gone I'd go streaming through the house saggy skin and all just trying to make him notice :) that was my sexy Sunday lol

I would think your fine according to my surgeon and dietician I'm actually allowed to eat 3oz of salad with my 3oz Protein and 3oz veggies so a total of 9oz but I cant eat more than 6oz so I do either cooked veggies or salad not both. ...every body is different just like every surgeon is diff I would listen to your body as well

HW 363lbs SD 4/16/13 CW 309lbs

Ok I do feel better about it. It kinda startled me when I realized I was getting more in. I know eventually its gonna be more room for food. I want it to stay as small as possible.

1st day since early out I didn't get my Protein and fluids in. I kinda just gave up after a crappy afternoon and bouts of nausea. Strawberries were my supper. Start all fresh tomorrow. Trying to get comfy to maybe sleep tonight but I swear I feel and hear a war going on in my belly. It may sound crazy but I swear I feel an hear gurgling from my old belly off to the side on the left and it doesn't sound too happy.

Happy birthday!!! The greatest gift u could give yourself for your birthday...a new life of health :)

my journey began 5 days after my birthday and thats what I called it Happy Birthday to me. My family is very close as you may see in my pic we lost my mother in 06 a month before she turned 66 from ovarian cancer. at that point we started taking yearly pics. we last year we decided to do it every other year well this was our off year (which I am glad) by this time next year we will have a new addition and the new me not taking up so much space.

I'm going in for my 3 month follow-up for 3 p.m. today!! I'm excited to see the nurse practitioner but I'm also a little worried... I have not been getting my Calcium in like I should. we'll see what happens later! :))

HW- 290, SW (4/8/13) - 270.6, CW - 209.5

Boo is sooo sweet! I have a shipoo named DJ

Adorable! Thanks for sharing! I love dogs!

I'm going in for my 3 month follow-up for 3 p.m. today!! I'm excited to see the nurse practitioner but I'm also a little worried... I have not been getting my Calcium in like I should. we'll see what happens later! :))

HW- 290' date=' SW (4/8/13) - 270.6, CW - 209.5[/quote']

I wish I would have a follow up to see where my Vitamin levels are. My next is at 6 months post op. I think thats a long time to wait. My levels could be all off and I wouldn't know it for 6 months. Guess I could go to my pcp for bloodwork too.

I wish I would have a follow up to see where my Vitamin levels are. My next is at 6 months post op. I think thats a long time to wait. My levels could be all off and I wouldn't know it for 6 months. Guess I could go to my pcp for bloodwork too.

I go the 26th to see mine. I'm so nervous. He's totally hot which makes it worse lol I always get anxious when it's time to go see him. Now I'm anxious that I am not losing fast enough. He told me last time I was well on track. I guess in my boring life that's about the most excitement I get.

I also finished my baby quilt for my friend if u guys want to see. I get nervous about that too cause I'm still learning but I think it turned it ok.

I go the 26th to see mine. I'm so nervous. He's totally hot which makes it worse lol I always get anxious when it's time to go see him. Now I'm anxious that I am not losing fast enough. He told me last time I was well on track. I guess in my boring life that's about the most excitement I get.

I also finished my baby quilt for my friend if u guys want to see. I get nervous about that too cause I'm still learning but I think it turned it ok.

Wheres the picture??

This is my puppy, Audi Mae. Its her nap time. She goes all day and then plops when shes tired. ;)

post-30639-13813812481174_thumb.png

[ATTACH]4127[/ATTACH]

Wheres the picture??

post-34674-1381381248216_thumb.jpg

This is the baby quilt. I'm still learning. It's a pinwheel quilt.