Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I was 299 lbs on 1/15/13' date=' and lost 38 lbs before RNY on 4/29/13. At 7.5 weeks out, I have lost an additional 23 lbs. I wish I were losing more quickly, but at least I'm losing. But, if I look at the big picture, I've lost almost 60 lbs since January. Actually, I've only received a few comments about my weight loss. But I'm wearing a smaller clothes size and I feel better about myself. I can hardly wait until I get below 200 lbs. It will probably take months, but I am on my way. Anyone else losing this slowly?[/quote']

I weighed 320 lbs on 1/1/13. I lost 35 lbs before my RNY ON 4/30/13. I have lost another 35 lbs since my surgery. I am walking 3.5 miles at least 4-5 time per week. I am now 250 lbs. I've had a few stalls along the way. Be sure to get all your Protein in each day. I'm getting at least 80 grams of protein each day. I had problems drinking enough, but drinking has been much better the last 2 weeks. Hang in there, we all loose at different rates! Have a happy Summer!!

HW: 320 CW: 250 GW: 175 WLS: 4/30/13

Just back from physical therapy on my back. Looks like a long road ahead and a failed back surgery.

Just back from physical therapy on my back. Looks like a long road ahead and a failed back surgery.

When did you have surgery and what did they do? I see the spine surgeon at 4pm today. I am 99% sure he is gonna do a fusion and laminectomy. He said to come back two months after the bypass and he'd fix my back. I am scared cuz I know they can fail, but I don't want to live in pain. Do you work?

I was 299 lbs on 1/15/13' date=' and lost 38 lbs before RNY on 4/29/13. At 7.5 weeks out, I have lost an additional 23 lbs. I wish I were losing more quickly, but at least I'm losing. But, if I look at the big picture, I've lost almost 60 lbs since January. Actually, I've only received a few comments about my weight loss. But I'm wearing a smaller clothes size and I feel better about myself. I can hardly wait until I get below 200 lbs. It will probably take months, but I am on my way. Anyone else losing this slowly?[/quote']

I'm a slow loser. I'm down 32 lbs in 9 weeks... I can't say I have followed the guidelines perfectly though...

When did you have surgery and what did they do? I see the spine surgeon at 4pm today. I am 99% sure he is gonna do a fusion and laminectomy. He said to come back two months after the bypass and he'd fix my back. I am scared cuz I know they can fail' date=' but I don't want to live in pain. Do you work?[/quote']

I'm fortunate not to have to work right now. But its driving me nuts not too. I had fusions of l4 l5 s1, disc replacement of l4 with a bunch of hardware. L3, s1, and s2 are bulging. My surgery was in sept 2011. The hardware is good but my back is in bad shape. You can't even barely push on it without it hurting like hell.

I was 299 lbs on 1/15/13, and lost 38 lbs before RNY on 4/29/13. At 7.5 weeks out, I have lost an additional 23 lbs. I wish I were losing more quickly, but at least I'm losing. But, if I look at the big picture, I've lost almost 60 lbs since January. Actually, I've only received a few comments about my weight loss. But I'm wearing a smaller clothes size and I feel better about myself. I can hardly wait until I get below 200 lbs. It will probably take months, but I am on my way. Anyone else losing this slowly?

Congrats on the weight loss so far. I'm losing very slow too :(

I'm fortunate not to have to work right now. But its driving me nuts not too. I had fusions of l4 l5 s1' date=' disc replacement of l4 with a bunch of hardware. L3, s1, and s2 are bulging. My surgery was in sept 2011. The hardware is good but my back is in bad shape. You can't even barely push on it without it hurting like hell.[/quote']

I'm in the waiting room now. He talked about two fusions and the laminectomy the last time I as here. I've lost 50 lbs since I last saw him, and he was gonna do it then. I hope that is still the plan. My pain management Dr told me my back is a mess! I'm guessing he'd know!

So the surgeon changed his mind. Now he wants me to continue to lose the weight before he will do anything. I am so mad, and frustrated by this whole situation. I don't even know what to do or where to turn. How much more pain do I have to deal with?? I did what he told me and he totally sang a diferent tune today than the last time I saw him. Beyond pissed!

I'm sorry....

So the surgeon changed his mind. Now he wants me to continue to lose the weight before he will do anything. I am so mad' date=' and frustrated by this whole situation. I don't even know what to do or where to turn. How much more pain do I have to deal with?? I did what he told me and he totally sang a diferent tune today than the last time I saw him. Beyond pissed![/quote']

My pt doc told me today that losing the weight wont help with the pain, if anything its getting worse. So now I'm looking at many months of therapy on my back and neck..... When will it ever end. I'm sorry he jumped the fence on you.

Congrats on the weight loss so far. I'm losing very slow too :(

I talked to the nutritionist today. She said most people have lost 30-40 lbs by this point. I have been 100% compliant with the program. I have an appointment with her next week. She said she'll reserve judgement until she sees what the scale readout says. She said even though the scale hasn't changed, she'd like to check how much body fat I've lost. She said the scale doesn't tell the whole story.

My best friend is like that I still love her but she drives me nuts sometimes

Well..if u want me to be truthful....I've threatened to throw a cheeseburger at her before lol

So the surgeon changed his mind. Now he wants me to continue to lose the weight before he will do anything. I am so mad' date=' and frustrated by this whole situation. I don't even know what to do or where to turn. How much more pain do I have to deal with?? I did what he told me and he totally sang a diferent tune today than the last time I saw him. Beyond pissed![/quote']

I'm so sorry. Wish I could offer something to help my friend. I hate when drs do that. Hang in there!

I talked to the nutritionist today. She said most people have lost 30-40 lbs by this point. I have been 100% compliant with the program. I have an appointment with her next week. She said she'll reserve judgement until she sees what the scale readout says. She said even though the scale hasn't changed' date=' she'd like to check how much body fat I've lost. She said the scale doesn't tell the whole story.[/quote']

Well I think that's true...we look like we have lost more at times than the number that's spit out on the scale. It's coming friend...your body has been through a lot and is still healing. I know that's got to be frustrating. I know I get ill with how little I think I've lost at times and then I look at my pics I've been taking. I don't doubt u are gonna get there!!!! Go Janice go!!!!!

I'm sorry, I can't imagine what you are going through but I know you were excited. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.