Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i thoight u may be interested

Hello I am from England and belong to the uk wlsoinfo site and this is a posting i posted there, in response to something very disturbing that happened to me from my private clinic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I THOUGHT I WOULD DRAW EVERY ONES ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING, I WAS ASKED TO CONTACT DOLAN PARK TO SPEAK TO THE NURSE, WHICH I HAVE JUST DONE, I WAS THEN TOLD BY THE NURSE THAT MR SUPER HAD SEEN MY POSTING ABOUT ME EATING chips AND THERE FOR HE HAS NOT HAPPY, THAT I HAD NOT STUCK TO THE BAND PROTOCOL AND IF I HAVE ANY BAND SLIPPAGE, HE WILL NOT TREAT ME.I SUBSQUENTLY WAS CALLED BY THE OBESITY COORDINATOR(A NON MEDICAL PERSON) WHO STATES SHE CAN DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT MY TREATMENT CONTUINES AND I WAS TREADING ON VERY

DANDERGOUS GROUND. I WAS UNAWARE THAT THIS SITE WAS AN OFFICAL NHS WEB SITE AND WAS BEING USED AS AN OUT PATIENT BY SURGEONS. I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS WHERE PEOPLE CAN AIR THEIR FEARS AND THEIR ANXIETIES ABOUT THEIR PROCEDURES AND FEEL PEOPLE SHOULD BE AWARE THAT WHAT EVER THEY POST, CAN BE AND IS USED AGAINST THEM BY THEIR SURGEONS. I HAVE ASKED THE COORDINATOR TO WRITE TO ME AND TELL ME THAT WHAT WAS POSTED, ON WHAT IS I THOUGHT AN UNOFFICAL WEB SITE IS SUBSQUENTLY USED BY THE SURGEON,TO DECIDE ON WHETHER HE TREATS ONE OR NOT. I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN EVERY ONE ELSES THOUGHTS ON THE ABOVE AND WHEN THEY HAVE CHEATED, DID THEY KNOW THAT THIS SITE CAN BE USED BY YOUR SURGEON ON ANY SUBSQUENT TREATMENT.,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) This is scary! I have felt a bit paranoid when I honestly assess my surgeon on the boards, even though I didn't say anything bad. I'd hate to be monitored like that! My surgeon does have a journal I can fill out, but I KNOW he can look at it. So, I don't use it for anything but posting weight lost. Even though I follow my doctor's guidelines fairly well and am losing well, there are still things that my perfectionist (that's a good thing!) surgeon would not like.

That's SO WRONG to base treatment on a support line! Besides, since when does eating chips cause slippage?! That's just weird.

It definitely crosses the boundaries of support. These boards should be a safe harbor, not some place for docs to spy on their patients, otherwise the patient will decide not to ask for help or discuss the issues they are currently having.

To me it seems there is a line to be drawn between providing good aftercare and turning into the food police. It sounds like your surgeon has crossed the line.

Also, here in the states it is considered unethical for a doctor to drop a patient without first assuring that the patient has access to continued healthcare. It is considered a rather serious offense. I don't know how it is in England.

I know I would feel angry if this happened to me. I hope it works out.

Nancy

Wow!!! I would think Inamed would not look to kindly on a dr. making threats such as this. I would absolutely contact them about it!