Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this surgery is no joke

it fuckin hurts

Fred Montana JR

I am having my surgery next Monday and I am really afraid of all the pain myself. I keep telling myself I will only have pain for a little while and then it will get better. We really are making big changes and this surgery is all about cutting and reconnecting so there is lots of trauma to our stomach's. Are you taking any pain meds? I really hope you feel better soon. One day at a time as they say. Good luck.

Here is how I view it. I have experienced a frivolous lawsuit and the pain of bariatric surgery. The pain of bariatric surgery, while real, was for me much less than the stress and pain of the lawsuit. Yes, it hurts. But in a few weeks it really will get better.

Wishing you the greatest of success!

Yes it did hurt and I had open surgery so I had a huge cut from under my breastbone to almost my bellybutton. Took almost a month to recover.

SD:1/28/13 HW:358 SW:338 CW:299

I just had my surgery 2/25/13 I'm already back to work I was uncomfortable the first day or so but after that it was manageable I went back Monday witch was exactly a wk but everyone is different and it depends on pain tolerance

Yes it did hurt and I had open surgery so I had a huge cut from under my breastbone to almost my bellybutton. Took almost a month to recover.

Wow if u don't mind answering why did they have to do an open?? I thought that is very rare that they have to do these surgeries like that anymore?

Wow if u don't mind answering why did they have to do an open?? I thought that is very rare that they have to do these surgeries like that anymore?

I could never get a definitive answer from my surgeon. At the seminar I specifically asked if he did the surg laparascopically and he said yes. I didn't know it was open until the nurse removed my drain and exclaimed "your surgery was open?" I was shocked, horrified and upset. And to too it off, I was discharged 30 hrs after surgery. I was told he always does RNYs openly and I had a hernia as well. I've seen other ppl on the forum with hernias have the surg done laparascopically so I'm still confused. If you click on my name and the forum started by me entitled "surg in the morn" I think that's the name, I have a pic of my incision.

That's crazy?? My surgeon said she would never do an open unless its an emergency !! She said in the last 1000 surgeries she has only had to open twice!! I live in Eastern Ky, where do u live? Sorry you had to go thru that!! Will pray for you !!

That's crazy?? My surgeon said she would never do an open unless its an emergency !! She said in the last 1000 surgeries she has only had to open twice!! I live in Eastern Ky' date=' where do u live? Sorry you had to go thru that!! Will pray for you !![/quote']

I'm in new jersey. And thank you. I'm healed now just with a bad ass scar (gonna tell my future kids I was in a Japanese sword fight LoL)

I had surgery 2/28/13 and was petrified it was going to be excruciating, it was not. I have a brilliant surgeon and program that is taking wonderful care of me. Do your research and choose the best! It really makes a world of difference, I feel fantastic and am eating soft Proteins, drinking Protein Shakes and plenty of crystal light. Everything has been way beyond my expectations!

I was told they'd only do it open if you have had pervious abdominal surgeries that would make it necessary for them to have more access.

Re-Birthday: 2/27/13

I was told they'd only do it open if you have had pervious abdominal surgeries that would make it necessary for them to have more access.

Re-Birthday: 2/27/13

Question?

So if a person had a c-section the sergeant has to cut you in the same spot again?

My new journey 2013

Question?

So if a person had a c-section the sergeant has to cut you in the same spot again?

My new journey 2013

Not at all, none of my other surgeries are anywhere near my c-section scar.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

Not at all' date=' none of my other surgeries are anywhere near my c-section scar.

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4[/quote']

O ok, because I had a c-section and I was wondering how my surgery will go.

My new journey 2013