Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Surgery Dates

Heck yes. I thought it was just me.

Someone on another forum described it as being as though you are in mourning for your existing lifestyle.

Whew thought I was going crazy! My fiance was like are you pregnant? I am cconstantly eating

Not so much "more" but let me tell you' date=' I am Reallllly looking forward to my "Last Supper" on March 3rd! I already have it all planed out! LoL

HW 330 CW 312 RNY 03/25/13[/quote']

Lol I have had my last supper for weeks! I made a list of the foods and restaurants I wanted to eat before my surgery. Tonight is Greek pizza with chicken instead of the gyro meat. Yummy!

Does anyone else find themselves wanting to eat more than they had berm before? I feel like I am constantly eating since I got my date....

I am one of the fortunate ones that is not required to do pre-op diet but the temptation to eat everything in sight before surgery has been really bad. I am getting concerned about making poor choices and possibly throwing my labs out of wack. I worry about everything and am concerned about them finding something on bloodwork that will set my surgery date back. Anyone else worried about preop tests? I also have EKG next week and never have had one before so I have no idea if that is normal either. I don't have a history of any problems but again, I worry! I want to get the surgery over and be on the losers bench ASAP!

I am one of the fortunate ones that is not required to do pre-op diet but the temptation to eat everything in sight before surgery has been really bad. I am getting concerned about making poor choices and possibly throwing my labs out of wack. I worry about everything and am concerned about them finding something on bloodwork that will set my surgery date back. Anyone else worried about preop tests? I also have EKG next week and never have had one before so I have no idea if that is normal either. I don't have a history of any problems but again' date=' I worry! I want to get the surgery over and be on the losers bench ASAP![/quote']

I just had my pre op testing which included an ekg, blood work, a1c,urine test, upper gi, chest xray. All went well but doc's office called and he also wants to do an EGD which is scope down the throat. I am nervous about that test. Hope there are no delays for my surgery and hope that is the last hoop to jump through. I wish you luck with your testing.

I just had my pre op testing which included an ekg' date=' blood work, a1c,urine test, upper gi, chest xray. All went well but doc's office called and he also wants to do an EGD which is scope down the throat. I am nervous about that test. Hope there are no delays for my surgery and hope that is the last hoop to jump through. I wish you luck with your testing.[/quote']

EDG is over before you know it. But you feel like you have been sleeping for days. Good luck. :)

Does anyone else find themselves wanting to eat more than they had berm before? I feel like I am constantly eating since I got my date....

I really hate to admit this, but I have been trying to enjoy what I can while I can. Maybe a bad attitude but the truth. I am not all out bingeing but not really watching it either.

Did anyone have to do a 6 month, monthly visit with the dietitian for ins? I did and I have to admit that I fibbed my way through the while process (which I had to repeat after my denial). They wanted me to start to get used to eating like I would after surgery. So the outcome was to be that I was not drinking with meals, chewing my food to applesauce consistency, heavy Proteins with low carbs, taking 30 mins to eat my meals etc... the thing is, is that if I could do all of that I would not need surgery. So I told them what they wanted to hear to get approved. Now I am worried that I did not take advantage of that time and cheated myself. I am now really scared that I will not be prepared once this is all said and done. Anyone else feel the same, or go through something like this?

My feelings on the diet that my dr (and others) have prescribed is that the point is to shrink your liver and make your surgery as successful and easy as is possible...high Protein diets shrink your liver. So it's up to you to make your journey be easy as possible. Enlarged livers slow the surgery (which leaves you under anesthesia longer) and slows healing...so with that being said...my favorite quote is "it doesn't matter what you record, your body has the true log of your actions" :) so, this journey is in your hands, as is the rest of your future. What better time to use the new tools given to you than now? :) I am by NO MEANS saying I haven't had my food funerals but who doesn't want to lose EVERYTHING you can :) so start now :) I hope this encourages ya and its just my opinion :)

post-28220-13813811329549_thumb.jpg

I really hate to admit this' date=' but I have been trying to enjoy what I can while I can. Maybe a bad attitude but the truth. I am not all out bingeing but not really watching it either.[/quote']

See I eat and snack all day I have never been big on sweets but now I crave them. It is driving me crazy

Did anyone have to do a 6 month' date=' monthly visit with the dietitian for ins? I did and I have to admit that I fibbed my way through the while process (which I had to repeat after my denial). They wanted me to start to get used to eating like I would after surgery. So the outcome was to be that I was not drinking with meals, chewing my food to applesauce consistency, heavy Proteins with low carbs, taking 30 mins to eat my meals etc... the thing is, is that if I could do all of that I would not need surgery. So I told them what they wanted to hear to get approved. Now I am worried that I did not take advantage of that time and cheated myself. I am now really scared that I will not be prepared once this is all said and done. Anyone else feel the same, or go through something like this?[/quote']

It's one of the reasons the pre op liquid diet is important. It gets u used to a shrunk stomach, minimizes ur liver for less issues during Surg and prepares u for ur first eating stage post op. most of us have a food addiction or use it under stressful or even happy times instead of happy. NIH studies of longevity have proven that a failure to gain recognition and rehabilitation from whatever ur food issues are will lead to regaining and failure of this TOOL which is weight loss surgery. It is a small tool. I must change ur way of thinking and reacting. Lying gets us no where. There is overeAters anonymous groups and wls support group meetings to help. I also find individual therapy is helpful and is recommended.

By the way I am a therapist as well. We all need them sooner or later..... :-)

Did anyone have to do a 6 month' date=' monthly visit with the dietitian for ins? I did and I have to admit that I fibbed my way through the while process (which I had to repeat after my denial). They wanted me to start to get used to eating like I would after surgery. So the outcome was to be that I was not drinking with meals, chewing my food to applesauce consistency, heavy Proteins with low carbs, taking 30 mins to eat my meals etc... the thing is, is that if I could do all of that I would not need surgery. So I told them what they wanted to hear to get approved. Now I am worried that I did not take advantage of that time and cheated myself. I am now really scared that I will not be prepared once this is all said and done. Anyone else feel the same, or go through something like this?[/quote']

I had the same feeling as you the first few weeks of my supervised diet. But as the weeks went on, it got easier. My doctor explained to me that this surgery is only a tool and even afterwards, most of the eating habits we are supposed to maintain are still up to our own will power. I worry that if you cannot commit yet to a diet that you may not be ready for this surgery. I think it might be best to come clean with the doctor's office. It's probably also a good idea to talk honestly with a psychologist about this so they can help you work through it with the ultimate goal being surgery. I say this all without judgement. I hope everything works out for you! Best Wishes!

It's one of the reasons the pre op liquid diet is important. It gets u used to a shrunk stomach' date=' minimizes ur liver for less issues during Surg and prepares u for ur first eating stage post op. most of us have a food addiction or use it under stressful or even happy times instead of happy. NIH studies of longevity have proven that a failure to gain recognition and rehabilitation from whatever ur food issues are will lead to regaining and failure of this TOOL which is weight loss surgery. It is a small tool. I must change ur way of thinking and reacting. Lying gets us no where. There is overeAters anonymous groups and wls support group meetings to help. I also find individual therapy is helpful and is recommended.

By the way I am a therapist as well. We all need them sooner or later..... :-)[/quote']

This is true! In fact the therapist I used to get my psych eval done "highly recommends" at least 6 individual sessions as part of her approval. She specializes in weight loss therapy. I'm happy to comply with this. I never thought i had "food issues", that I was simply over weight bc I ate the wrong things and did not exercise. But there is an underlining cause for making the wrong choices and sabotaging myself...I have been under so much stress over the past couple of years, I didn't really realize I was gaining back all of the 60lbs I lost 3 years ago...its a rude awakening when you realize you are doing something wrong...and preventable to yourself...who you SHOULD love first.

I just received yesterday my surgery date of March 15th. I'm ready for all of the eating my husband and I both have a gun to eat everything that we're supposed to my problem is that I don't eat during the day and I only eat when he comes home from work so my problems going to be I need to learn to get up and feed myself when he's not home I'll get busy I'll forget to eat. I go to do all of my pre op stuff on February 21st and then of course I send that sell have me do the 2 weeks of liquid diet prior to to get my stomach ready to be in the shrunken state.

My feelings on the diet that my dr (and others) have prescribed is that the point is to shrink your liver and make your surgery as successful and easy as is possible...high Protein diets shrink your liver. So it's up to you to make your journey be easy as possible. Enlarged livers slow the surgery (which leaves you under anesthesia longer) and slows healing...so with that being said...my favorite quote is "it doesn't matter what you record, your body has the true log of your actions" :) so, this journey is in your hands, as is the rest of your future. What better time to use the new tools given to you than now? :) I am by NO MEANS saying I haven't had my food funerals but who doesn't want to lose EVERYTHING you can :) so start now :) I hope this encourages ya and its just my opinion :)

post-28220-13813811329549_thumb.jpg

Oh sorry I was not talking about the liquid diet part. THAT I am going to do and take very seriously. I was talking about prior to that I have felt the need to eat things I will not be able to after. When the liquid diet starts that's it, My "surgery" has started.

Right now I'm doing the exact same thing everyone in my family has a birthday um in the next 2 weeks, on the 16th the 21st and the 24th. Once the liquid portion begins, Everything's straight strictly by the book. But I am tending to eat the things that I know that I won't be allowed to eat later.