Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi everyone! Well I'm trying to be a LITTLE better today...I think that I need a fill...I'm able to eat too much, and I'm able to eat bread with no problems what so ever....my doc said that if I have "proper restriction" that I should not be able to eat bread (or much of it) or steak (unless teeny itty bitty bites)...well I'm able to eat both with no problems what so ever...

This morning I had 1/2 of a veggie egg beater omelet, about 3/4 cup potatoes (I couldn't resist...it's my weakness...) and 1/4 piece of wheat toast with orange marmalade... Weekends are hard because the family always wants to go out for Breakfast. I should have told them no potatoes and got cottage cheese instead...oh well, it was divine!

Tonight we're making Ahi tuna fish tacos with avocado salsa...they sound so yummy...got the recipe off of the food network website. The only difference is that we have to cook the Ahi Tuna all the way through or the kids won't eat it...

<table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>Seared Ahi Tuna Taco with Avocado Salsa <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="305"> <tbody><tr class="small_text" valign="top"> <td colspan="2" width="305">Recipe courtesy Bob Blumer, Surreal Gourmet</td> </tr> <tr class="small_text" valign="top"> <td width="35">Show: </td> <td width="270">The Surreal Gourmet</td> </tr> <tr class="small_text" valign="top"> <td width="35">Episode: </td> <td width="270"> Nuevo Mexicano </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- End Recipe Header --></td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>spacer.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td>

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>spacer.gif </td> </tr> <tr> <td> 1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon ground coriander

12 ounces ahi (or albacore) tuna, cut into 1-inch-thick steaks

1/2 tablespoon olive oil

8 taco shells (available in most grocery stores)

2 limes, halved

Avocado Salsa, recipe followsIn a small bowl, combine cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper, and coriander. Rub spice mixture generously on both sides of the tuna.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for the taco shells.

Heat a nonstick pan on the stove over high heat. When pan is smoking hot, add olive oil, wait 10 seconds, then add tuna. Sear for 1 minute per side, or until fish is cooked on the outside, but rare on the inside. Transfer to a plate.

Separate taco shells and place them in the oven for 4 minutes (timing is everything here, since they go from perfectly done to burned after about 1 additional minute).

While the shells are heating, dice tuna into 1/4-inch cubes. To serve, fill all 8 taco shells halfway with salsa. Spoon tuna over salsa and squeeze a spritz of lime juice overtop. Serve immediately.Avocado Salsa:

2 ripe avocados (ripe means it indents with the firm press of a finger), pit and skin discarded, diced into 1/4-nch cubes

2 medium tomatoes, diced into 1/4-inch cubes

1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped, stems discarded before measuring

1/4 cup diced red onion

3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepperAdd all ingredients to a medium-size bowl. Toss gently. DO NOT MASH AVOCADO.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Just got back from 8 miles on the bike. I listened to the radio the whole way. Love it, love it, love it!! I got petunias planted in the ceramic planter we got at the craft sale today. It looks really cute in my little wooden wheelbarrow in the front yard.

Now it's time to relax a bit and watch some tv. Everyone have a good evening and remember to follow those bandster rules wherever they take you!!:o

Ruh roh. That recipe has more than 4 ingredients and the instructions are greater than 2 sentences long. No can do! :o A cook I am NOT. But, man, do I love fish tacos!!!

DH and I went to the gem and jewelry show today....I buy beads and he was looking for a "Vegas ring". Yeah, he has always wanted a diamond & sapphire ring to wear when we go to Vegas....says it will improve his 'mojo' :D Well, we didn't buy one today but saw lots of pretty diamonds! Then we went to the Talbot's outlet store and they were having a killer sale. I got 2 tops and a pair of shorts :eek: , yes shorts, for $23!! I love a good bargain! Kat, I know exactly what you mean about trying on clothes at Walmart....they ALL fit differently...I usually run out of patience before I find anything to buy. Then we took my mom out to dinner and i had, yes you guessed it....enchiladas. YUM! I brought my mom some of my nicer blouses that I had shrunk out of and she was able to use them which is great because they are those nice no-iron-cotton and I hated to give them to charity.

Didn't get to the gym today but did walk around for 3+ hours both today and yesterday.

Schexy - Do you like Cafe Express?? I was thinking that would be a good place to go...I love all their healthy food!! It's in Town & country...are you familiar with it? Escalantes, La Madeline, Carabba's, Guadalajara and Denis Seafood are all in that area too.

OH....HELP!! I've posted a picture below of my port scar. Look at that very weird brown spot that's formed next to it!! YIKES! What the hell is that?? It's not a bruise, it doesn't hurt in any way....its just this dull brown spot!! I'm going to see if I can email this to my doctor tomorrow. Freaky and it's buggin' me. I'm going to post it in the general area too....see if anyone has any idea what this can be.

post-213702-13813135264374_thumb.jpg

Schexy - Do you like Cafe Express?? I was thinking that would be a good place to go...I love all their healthy food!! It's in Town & country...are you familiar with it? Escalantes, La Madeline, Carabba's, Guadalajara and Denis Seafood are all in that area too.

I am so glad you thought of Town & Country... I forgot about all those restaurants! (you can tell where we mostly eat!) I do love Cafe Express for healthier and Caraba's is off the hook! Y'all choose!

So far we are Tuesday the 24th at.... what time? I do not work, and I will speak for Josie that she does no either... so whoever is coming from work... what time is good???

Hi everyone. just getting in from work, early night. been catching up. Looks like everyone is having a nice relaxing day

Ann - welcome, glad you were finally able to log on

Terry - that does not look good.

so...... I need some serious help - I know this is going to be TMI but I am actually very worried..... first = thursday night I worked the ovens and I started to get a pain in my port area, like i pulled it a bit. working the ovens involves the actual cooking of pizzas, from a small round to a 24 cut and they are heavy and lots of reaching, lifting and bending.

so I was worried but I have been taking it kind of easy to heal and not as much pain... now you all know I have bathroom issues, I'm drinking tea as I type. Well, I have blood in my stool. I don't know if it is because I have not gone to the bathroom in 5 days and this has been a horrible cycle since surgery... or if I could have done some serious damage? What should I do...???

I know the tea might not be the best thing... but it breaks it all up and gets it out and I want to know how serious this is or if it is just from being so clogged up.

help...

... Well, I have blood in my stool. I don't know if it is because I have not gone to the bathroom in 5 days and this has been a horrible cycle since surgery... or if I could have done some serious damage? What should I do...???

I know the tea might not be the best thing... but it breaks it all up and gets it out and I want to know how serious this is or if it is just from being so clogged up.

help...

Jennifur, did you eat or drink anything red. sometime it looks like blood or you could be straining to much. If you are straining the tissue in that area is very thin and you could have a small tear.

I was talking with a friend today who is very into nutrition and she asked about my eating whole grains. Told her no because of the carbs. She said that whole grains are necessary for natural Fiber and is a must in any diet plan. Said to add the whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat bread and oat meal, etc.) and watch the weight drop and our BM problems clear up. Worth a try.

I added 1 slice of whole wheat bread 1/2 cup brown rice to my meal and my total carbs are still below 90. My nutritionist allows me 145 carbs and 1200 cal a day and I average between 6-900 cals per day. So we shall see if that helps our situation.

Have a great evening and remember.....

Jen

thank you. I saw all you guys on and needed to relax, I'm worried, and that is enough to at least help me sleep tonight. I don't think I'm straining but could be just so bound up. I am going to get some whole grain bread and brown rice tomorrow. I try to do the veggie thing and that has not helped.

anyway, I guess we will see tomorrow after the tea kicks in, but it is definately blood, that I do know. dbf was in the hospital last month for a week for a bleeding ulcer and had bloody stool (what brought him to the hospital) so that is why I worry something internal. I guess if it is really bad in the am I'll go to the hospital but hope it is nothing

......I guess if it is really bad in the am I'll go to the hospital but hope it is nothing

We'll pray for "nothing"!:o

Hey where the heck was tracy KS today?

I don't think it's time to worry, Jenn. If it persists then it's time to worry. Small amounts in the stool are common due to the tearing that Jen is talking about. Ulcers cause the stool to be like "tar" I believe....the blood is older having gone thru the entire GI system.

Has anyone ever gotten stuck on a plateau? I am so sick of not losing. I hate butting in here because you all seem to know each other so well, but I am in desperate need of help.

I don' t see how it's possible for me to not lose weight. Since my last fill, I eat about 2/3 of a Cup of food, and I have always exercised like crazy. I feel like fasting, but everyone says that will put me in starvation mode.

I didn't pay all this money to only lose 40 lbs.

Good morning violets...I was down to 218.5 this morning, which is great but I am not going to Celebrate too soon the way things have been bouncing back and forth. But, I am not going to weigh again till friday that way if it does bounce back up, I won't know it. I will just roll with that number and it will keep my spirits up to make me keep doing what I have been doing.

Did not get a chance to walk this morning but I did get my exercise in and I will not elaborate on that one :D

So needless to say I am running late this morning.

Everyone have a great day despite it being monday, ugh...

And remember what Judy always says!!

Jenn-I would not worry about your problem you spoke of, I compeletly agree with what the other ladies said about it. I had the same problem and now I make sure I eat oatmeal a few times a week and the problem has corrected itself!

Have a great day violet sisters....:o

Morning ladies, I don't know why or how I'm awake, besides my stress I came home to my 3 year old having a croup attack. Thank goodness my 13 year old knows how to deal with it but that meant when I got in about 10:45 he was still yucky but much better and had to give him prednezone. (sp) you all know what that does to a 3 year old? OMG it was 2am before I could calm him down enough to lie in bed.

Anyhoo... I'm going to not worry. I am going to see how things go in a day or 2, but i'm going to get out my la weightloss cards and try to revamp my eating habbits. right now i'm only eating Protein and that is not great. Here is what i remember from them.

2 servings carbs/whole grain

3 servings fruit

4 servings protein

4 serving vegies

1 fat

1/2 salt

Water

I know sounds simple but when you can't eat much more than 3oz of meat that is hard

Well, either way, back to the gym today, drinking my coffee and then going to go workout. because I like going I might do more cardio every day and upper body weights one day and lower the next so I am taking a break - and on friday doing full body with weekends off and see how that works. I'll keep you all posted on the changes and if they are working. I hate plateaus

oops... i forgot the 1 serving of dairy

good morning....

i wanted to do a quick good morning until later....

going to get the fill reduced today. of course this morning i can drink easily. but i felt like hell yesterday. and i definitely believe when i dont eat enough my body stops losing weight.

i stopped weighing 2 weeks ago. i'm only allowing myself to weigh on the 1st of the month.

i measure myself on the 15th of the month.

i have to say exercise really really is pushing me forward. i lost 5 inches since june 16th when i went to bikini bootcamp.

so even tho' the scale was my god....it is better not controlling my life.

re: texas meeting. i'm still coming just tell me final place and time. i will probably do a little "shop-shop" beforehand if it's at town and country. i like that place

i'll be back later to do personals