Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

hi ladies.

just getting in from work, I think I sweat out my sickness. I am feeling much better, my body still aches but still, much better. I just took a night time cold pill so i hope I wake up feeling great. My stupid throat hurts so bad and is swollen, so when your food is in your upper stomach it makes it even harder to swollow. It is so strange - this is the first cold of anykind I've had since surgery and it is a totally different experience. I was down again today.

I had a packet of grits and put cheese in them for some Protein, a serving of icecream for lunch and a chicken strip for dinner and another with a little cheese as a snack at work. probably had 700 cals but lots of protein.

I hope you all have a great night.

Good Morning, Violets..

Hope you all had a restful night. It's 34 degrees here this morning.. yikes!!! But it's supposed to get back into the 80's this week so I hope to get one more swim in the pool before we close it up for the season. At least I'll still have the hot tub through the winter.

Everything went well yesterday.. we had over 100 people show up at the pig roast. It was cold and blustery, but we moved most things inside and it turned out really well.

I'm going to go get ready for church. Kat.. great news about Rick and my prayers are with you for your dad's surgery.

Laura.. prayers to you also for a quick fix of the band and on to the land of true restriction!

Denise..one word of advice for new grandmas.. everything in moderation...yeah RIGHT!!! I bought out every garage sale baby item in Alpena for my grandkids. They had boxes and boxes of clothes and "things" from Grandma. You're gonna love it!!! My DD finally had to say to me.. Mom.. please STOP.. walk away from the sales!! And she was the aunt, not the mom!!

Just finished my cottage cheese and blueberries so I'm ready to dry and curl my hair, put on my make up and hit the road. Everyone have a great day today!! WWJD!!

Good morning again violets!

Jenn-glad you are feeling better today!!

Haydee-thanks for letting us know about Melanie (Schexy). I am so glad to hear the news and will keep her in my prayers!

Kat-my thoughts & prayers will be with you tomorrow for your dads surgery! Take care!

My TOM is here full force and I am so bloated it isn't even funny. So, once again I am going to put the scales away until next week. I have no fantasies about making it to onederland at this particular time.

I sure miss Terri.....

I found a house for lease yesterday that I really like. Keep your fingers crossed that they do not want a small fortune for a deposit. It is a brick 4BR 2 bath, 2 car garage that is really close to dd school. It has a really big backyard with a privacy fence so Macy can play outside. Very quiet neighborhood on a dead end street...omg I am gettng worked up and I do not want to....I do not want to be disappointed, so i am trying ot to get excited. We probably won't find out the details until the realtor calls us back. I want to move from this trailer so bad!

Everyone have a good day and I will pop in later!

morning violets

thank you tracy - i think I might have strep. My throat is still on fire and is flaming red. Other than that I do feel much better.

It is cold here too Judy. I think 38 was our low. I refuse to put the heat on - but if this continues I might have to turn the gas stove on the lowest setting. My mom who is here from AZ I am sure is freaking out.

Well i need to find somethin hot to drink, and I do have to go get a few groceries today... joy joy

anyone have any warm drink suggestions to sooth my throat? I love cold tea, and cold coffee but not really big on hot tea and I don't know if coffee is what i should have

Morning violets!

Wow 38 degrees?!?!

We were 110 just 2 weeks ago, so we're in the mid-70's this weekend, and we're like hallelujah it's CHILLY OUT!! I can't remember what 30's feels like. My parents a/c went out this weekend, best time for it to do it with how the weather has been.

Nothing exciting going on here, just doing my usual weekend cleaning.

I play final fantasy XI on computer, and when I had to reinstall my OS I couldn't re-install the game.. so I haven't played in a while. We found new cd's last night (lots of boxes still unpacked around here!), and so I finally get to play today.. had 8 hours of updates last night! So, cleaning and gaming. wee!

Hey Violets~

Just a quick pop in to say, "hollar"!!! I am home from Susannes and have a boat load of homework. Yesterday we went to LA, to Griffith Park, and then to Universal Studios! It was fun! We walked everywhere, lots of exercise and fresh air! We even met Corbin Bersen (remember him from LA Law)! It was about 85...just beautiful! Plus I was w/ the best person on the planet...ok ok...enough of this cheesy stuff, lol!

Have a great day ladies. I have to hit the books now, actually, I'd rather take a nap, lol.

xoxoxox

Hi girls, just a quick check in. I've been so busy lately I haven't had any time to get online. Just to let ya'll know, Melanie, aka Schexymomma, won custody of her little boy. The boy's uncle is vowing to appeal. Send her your prayers, her drama is not over yet....

Thank you, Chica, for updating everyone! And thank you to all of you for all your prayers!!!

WE WON!!!

WE WON!!!

WE WON!!!

We Still Have Our Little Boy!!!

I still can't believe it! It's true that the bio family may appeal, but I don't care right now... I can finally breath and get back to my life! yea!!!

-mel

Good Late Afternoon, Vi's~~

Ta Da!!

I hit -50 today!

:whoo:

Yay me!

And I had several NSVs also!! The #1 is that, because it is chilly here all of a sudden (60s), I pulled on a pair of jeans (I rarely wear jeans, mostly skirts) to wear and they were too, too big! Like, step right out of them big... invite a friend over into them big... you get the idea. So I try on another pair, and another... 'til I finally find a pair that fits ok (but are actually on the looser side of fit; they won't fit for long!)... & then I couldn't find a Fall top to wear other than t-shirts... so poor ds is waiting for me to take him to soccer & I'm taking a long time because I can't find any clothes that fit! LOL! (It serves me right, as I have been wearing all my summer clothes this whole time, just cinching them tighter & tighter!!) So I guess I'll have to break down & go shopping for some Fall-appropriate things to wear! Immediately!

#2: I guess because I wasn't wearing my regular, over-sized, baggy Indian-type skirts, but actually form-fitting clothes, several folks commented on my wt loss @ soccer. FINALLY! Yes! So that felt good, too!!

Oh, & #3: Our shower has doors on it, and I have ALWAYS "bumped" into them w/my butt or belly when going in & out of the shower -- but I don't now!!

So a good day here in Maryland!! And after I was so pissy this week, too!

Happy Sunday......

HH: I think on the avatars a side by side would be too small since the pixels have a max limit of 50x50, but you could add it to your signature.

Mel: Congrats on the case!

Haydee: I hope you start feeling better... between the move and all the painting you've probably wore yourself down.

Denise: WOW.. ok... I thought the pregger daughter was the one with issues...... SO glad that it is not. If it makes you feel any better I was happily married and mature at 18.... by the time I was a jr in High School we had already bought our first piece of land... I was ready to have kids then.... but fate had other plans for me... anyway... I am so happy for you and the happy couple....

I don't want to even look at the scale tomorrow........ I've been a bad bandster this weekend..........

OK... gonna go for now...

Have a great evening.

YAY MICHELLE!!! -50

I am so happy for you!!! Congrats on the NSVs as well.

Mel-I am SO happy for you and your family!! I did not see anything on channel 13 about it but my prayers have been with you! I am so happy!

Everyone have a great evening!

By the way, I know you are all dying to have a "panties update" from me...LOL. Well, I am now in a size 8 !!!!! I haven't worn that small in a long long long time!! That is my NSV... :confused:

Happy Sunday......

HH: I think on the avatars a side by side would be too small since the pixels have a max limit of 50x50, but you could add it to your signature.

Mel: Congrats on the case!

Haydee: I hope you start feeling better... between the move and all the painting you've probably wore yourself down.

Denise: WOW.. ok... I thought the pregger daughter was the one with issues...... SO glad that it is not. If it makes you feel any better I was happily married and mature at 18.... by the time I was a jr in High School we had already bought our first piece of land... I was ready to have kids then.... but fate had other plans for me... anyway... I am so happy for you and the happy couple....

I don't want to even look at the scale tomorrow........ I've been a bad bandster this weekend..........

OK... gonna go for now...

Have a great evening.

Tracy, if it were the other daughter I wouldn't be thrilled like I am because I know what a hard life the baby would have.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been a bad bandster for 2 weeks now. I'm struggling to stay at 217....I need a fill so bad.

Good evening, Violets..

Such wonderful news from lots of you today!! How kewl is that??!!!

My busy Sunday is finally over. I got to church, directed the choir, went to my singing group rehearsal for 3 hours, came home and made homemade turkey Soup, then cleaned for the rest of the evening. I think the house is just about ready for my ladies of the evening... errrrrrrr the Lia Sophia party ladies tomorrow night. Now if I can just get Ethan to not mess up the house tomorrow, I'll be happy!!! DD is coming over to help so that will be fun. I made chocolate mousse for dessert tomorrow. Of course I couldn't help but have a few spoonfuls while I was making it. yummy.. I got some fish stuck this afternoon so am trying to go easy on food tonight.

Well, I'm sooooooooo tired. I'm off to bed with my Crystal Light slushy and my tabloid magazines to read the latest gossip.

Everyone have a good night. sleep well! And remember to follow those bandster rules. Tomorrow is a new day, a new week and full of possibiities!!

Patience, trust and WWJD!

Mdrai---congrats on 50!!!

Mel-----congrats on baby!!

I have been throwing up the past few hours, I guess p/bing and sliming is a better term. I am not sure what started it, but now that it has started, can't stop. Any suggestions? I am afraid to drink anything, but would that help??

Jane