Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Originally Posted by househuntress viewpost.gif

Well tonight..I blew it. I ate WAY more than I have ever since getting banded. It was almost like I was just trying to see how much I could eat. Now..let me add this..it's NO WHERE NEAR..what I could eat before the band.

It's just about double what I have eaten a day since banded.But I'm still very pissed at myself.I keep trying to listen to myself and say it was just ONE day, just ONE day

..I don't feel so alone now. Last night I ate three chicken tenders, a baked potato and a few bites of salad. Late last night I ate a Protein Bar. I continue to sip Water. So my choices in food are far better than they use to be, and like you the amount of food consumed is nothing like it use to be. I'm feeling really guilty right now. Up five pounds! But I do believe it is PMS weight gain and I didn't take my water pill yesterday..but still!

OMG...gettting that diet ticker on here is so painful i would rather just stick a needle in my eye!!!! I read the instructions....my 3 year old is not here to confuse me, and I still can't do it. I thought i was pretty savvy but my goodness, i guess not!!

So, (deep breath) forget it. :mad:

I am down from 257 to 236 now!! woohoo! I hope you all have a great weekend!!

TracyTX

TracyTx- there are some issues with signatures right now...there are certain changes I am not able to make either. So try again in a week or two. I think Alex is still tweaking.

In the meantime, why don't you just create a simple signature that has your starting/current/goal weight on it, like mine?....sans ticker. You're doing great on your weight loss!!....21 pounds already!! Awesome!

Woohoo! Morning guys. This morning my scale said 302!!!!!!!!

My morning weight never stays that way but what I've noticed, the low number I get in the morning, within 2-3 days that becomes the weight I see throughout the day (I.E. I saw 307 am, but was 310ish throughout the day.. then I saw 304 am, but was 307ish throughout the day, now I've been staying at 304 throughout the day, but the scale is bumped to 302 in the AM!)

So close to Twoterville. Hurray!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh by next week I might be seeing 2--.. I may faint :mad:

I put my starting weight as 327, because the first time doctor documented me for lap-band it was 327.. but My birthday was in February and that whole month I was between 333-337. So I've come even farther than they think! That's really motivational. My mom asked me what size I think I'll be by my wedding.. since I've slowed down, I really don't know.. I'm hoping with my June 6th fill, I'll be back to melting them off (plus starting excercising on Monday). I said a size 18 would make me happy (when doing Atkins I was barely into an 18 around 260-270lb) . That's only 30-40lbs in 6months.. I can do that.

But since in the beginning I dropped fast, maybe with a fill I'll be one of the faster losers, and maybe I'll see a size 16? Haven't been a size 16 since I was 10 years old. Hah.

Fiance is going to visit his family this weekend (in TN), so going to have the house to myself.. probably start packing.. Our home builders called, our cabinets and counters are in without problem (the last thing they said there would be a delay if something went wrong), and my parents said it's bricked! I'm going to go out there and get more pics today and will post them tonight.

I talked to my future MIL yesterday, I've never seen baby pics of my fiance or pics of him growing up.. his parents are horse trainers, so their whole house is filled with picture frames of horses that won awards and their awards tacked to it.. there's a video package I'm getting for the wedding where they incorporate 50 pics of our childhood/growing up in a montage with music before the wedding video, so I asked her to send pictures home with him for me to go through. I'm kind of giddy to see him as a baby.

Is it tacky to have a BBQ cater? I haven't paid the wedding coordinator yet, so I don't want to ask her.. we talked about how we were thinking a BBQ that wasn't messy (like pulled meat), and she was saying they can do really fancy ribs or something.. I am actually looking to open up some budget by getting a local BBQ place to cater, and we'll decorate and make it festive. I printed out a sample wedding budget, it says how much % of your budget to allocate toward ____.

For reception (Including food, drinks, rentals, cake, favors) spend 48%!

Jeeez.. I really don't think so.

I'm almost to the 230's mark!!! This morning I am at 240.4 - I can't wait to see the 230's!!!!! I now have people telling me that they can tell that I've lost weight. I saw a vendor yesterday that I haven't seen since December and she said that she had to do a double take to make sure it was me when she saw me!! This is just so exciting!!!

I'm going fishing with my hubby today. First time we've been fishing together since we met 4 1/2 yrs ago. Wish me luck!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Good Saturday, everyone!

Man weekends are hard re: eating/dieting -- especially on the liquid diet! :mad: Our weekend schedules are so loosey goosey that eating is a challenge. Today the kids want to go see "Shrek 3" (I do, too)... so I'm planning on bringing a Protein Shake & a dt green tea or crystal light to suck on while inhaling the aroma of popcorn all around me....... THEN we usually stop @ Panda Express after... I looked up their Soup nutritionals & think I'll be ok w/the egg flower soup (prob too much sodium tho). Then I got the idea to look up several fav eating-out spots... Starbucks... Panera... I priinted out the nutritionals for drinks, Soups & salads for future reference (can't wait 'til the "mushy" stage!)... I think I'm going to keep these printouts in my car, so I have them handy when I need them, which is usually spur-of-the-moment stops between sporting events/errands on weekends. So having this info makes me feel a little better & in control... planning ahead... having the facts... I can't believe I'm being so food-responsible!

Have a great day, everyone!

OH -- (I can't believe I forgot to type this already!) -- this a.m. the scale read "302.2"!!!!! Wow & Yay! It's not "official" 'til Tues a.m. (oh the head games I play w/myself) so I can't wait to see if I hit Two-terville by then! Amazing!

Good afternoon all you Shrink'n Violets..

I'm babysitting grandson Ethan while my DS and DH go golfing. In the rain.. go figure. I'm still doing my program with a vengance.. had a couple tablespoons of ham salad with some romaine lettuce and 10 spritzes of the italian dressing and some sf Jello with lo fat whipped cream for dessert and I'm satisfied. I'm averaging 5-600 calories a day before exercising and ending up with a net calorie count of between 3-500. It's working for me and I'm not hungry between meals. If I do feel the least bit of hunger, my Crystal Light Lemonade does the trick. I'm hoping to lose a pound on the scale tomorrow so I can get another angel charm. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Everyone have a great day and follow those bandster rules!!

Hi Violets -

Spent yesterday morning with my son in traffic court. He had a ticket from February that he didn't "mention" until the day before when he asked for money for a lawyer. Of course, he is 19 and still learning. I was sure they would take his license, he'd lose his job, and be even more broke than ever. He was lucky with the DA who gave him the option of a class for $75 for 4 hours or a 6 point ticket that would cause him to lose his license. But, the real learning was for me. I sat in that courtroom and heard the mess other people's lives were in, there was another 19 year old who said his mother dropped him off, that he hadn't done what the court required and when the judge said, son, I want you to take a breath test, have you been drinking in the last 24 hours, the kids says no, then blew a .35 - he was handcuffed and jailed. I hugged my son afterward and said don't speed any more and thank you for being my son.

Puts a little perspective on things. Through all this, even with the triggers, I ate ok, but kind of overate last night. Even after the fill there are moments I can eat more, then others were a few gulps of something can get stuck. Fickle....fickle....fickle....

Thanks for the great descriptions here, I know I am not the only one having the stuck, golfball, feelings. At first I tried to drink Water to wash it down, but since banding it doesn't help. This really is a new lifestyle

Hugs and good wishes for all of you this weekend,

Michelle

Well, today we did the great "freezer give away".. all the frozen food went to DS and his family. All the ice cream treats, the pot pies, the frozen foods.. all gone. DH has surgery in 3 days and we know we're not going to eat most of that stuff again. Our grocery bill is going to go wayyyyyyy down for awhile, for sure. Had a great dinner tonight of meat loaf and Bush's no bean chili, salad and sf pudding. I'm really stuffed and DH is too. Course he had a few more slices of meat loaf and more chili than I did.

So next week starts our new life together. We're both excited!!

I'm going out to finish mulching the front yard flower bed. Then some nice, quiet time watching tv this evening.

Everyone take care!!

Judy kudos to you for purging the freezer. You're eating tab WILL go way down. Several hundreds in my house.

Michelle I'm sorry to hear about your son. Had a Paris Hilton moment there reading about it. Kids can sometimes be a handful. Hopefully he grows from the experience and it makes him a better man. My thoughts are to you for being a good and loving mom that he has to go to.

Terridoodle YAY YAY YAY on your pound loss. Feels great!

Lauraj..great post. Superb read. Thanks for sharing.

Again kudos to all who are workingout. Way to go.

Checking in again...

Went to see "Shrek 3"... enjoyable, but #1 was best, then #2, so that makes this #3. Did fine w/my drinks, even tho I had to keep passing the popcorn bag & jumbo soda back & forth to the kids.

Did not go to Panda Ex after, which is good. Went grocery shopping instead. Wow my stomach was growling!

Came home/food away/broth w/protein powder in it/nap... woke up & I am SOOOOOOO HUNGRY! And CRANKY! Family had dinner while I was snoozing on the couch... man it smelled so good... & it was just hot dogs on the grill! This is getting REALLY HARD! I am REALLY QUESTIONING MY DETERMINATION & ABILITY TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THIS!

I mixed up another Protein Shake and came into the dark office & straight to lbt & you guys...

But I swear it would be SO SO SO EASY to go into the kitchen & grab a dog or two and EAT THEM STANDING AT THE COUNTER! And I'm really not all that big a fan of the 'dog.

This is the end of Day 6 liquids -- not even 1/2 way there yet!!! I am using ALL my strategies & positive thinking & visualisations & self-talk & avoidance (after I'm done here I'm going to go upstairs, fold laundry & get into bed... my ultimate diet strategy -- go to bed!)... but I'm not sure how long they will hold me back! Ultimately the #1 thought that I keep repeating to myself is that if I "cheat" on this 15-day liq diet, then I run the serious chance that my big, fatty liver won't shrink or whatever and either they'll have to slice me open or won't be able to do the surgery at all. That's it... the magical thought. But what happens when I don't care about that????? How long will it hold me??? Another thought I have is that if I can't do this for 2 weeks, then I shouldn't get the band... that's a good backup thought for now, too. I hope they're strong enough to last for 8 more days!!!!!!!

I'm not worried about the post-op liquid phase, as I figure that's all I'll be able to / want to "eat" then, anyway. It's just NOW!!!

Thanks for letting me rant... I'm off to bed!!

My hubby and I went fishing today - I was tired of sitting around on my butt, so I figured, let's get moving! We were only there 3 hours and we both caught our limit!!! I'm dirty though! LOL :)

denise05192007tw7.jpg

Look at that catch! I got to hand it to you, I'm one shrinking violet when it comes to fishing and I live on saltwater.

Love the pic!!!