Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

A Poem that Touched My HEART<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <HR style="COLOR: rgb(233,233,233)" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I am sure us woman can relate to this

I found this on another thred and I just had to share with my April LB friends

The Woman in the Mirror

Walking past the mirrored glass, I take a timid peak.

I see a woman staring back, I am to choked up to speak.

The puffiness, at last is gone, the skin pink and glowing.

The many pounds that melted off, Finally, now is showing.

Hard to believe until recently, the same woman was dying.

Stuffing the food to ease the pain, Heartbroken and crying.

Life revolved around each snack, She lived for every meal.

Anything to numb the hurt, She did not want to feel.

When did she get so pretty? When did God remove this grief?

How did this miricle happen? Who provided this relief?

What a gift!! A second chance!! I thank god everyday.

For his grace in showing me, there is a better way.

I walk, I dance, I make love too, my heart is filled with gladness.

I am out of bondage, I am out of pain, there is no more room for sadness.

This woman in the mirror, Smiles softly back at me.

She has good cause to be pleased, She has finally been set free!!!

What a lovely poem ictexas, it really hit a cord :(

I need to go and catch up, but I wanted to post a pic from last week while I had photobucket open......

This is me and my honey at the campground last weekend.

Don't we look relaxed!

treasurelake1a.jpg

Tracy your SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!! You are going to be an absolute stunner in a few months time, you have such kind eyes, your eyes portray you as a very warm loving caring person.

Sara x

Angie: You are probably not losing as fast as some because you are already in ONEderland! I bet your fill WILL help, and I bet you start losing inches QUICK

++++++++++++++++++++

TrackinKS -- I hope your right! I have my fingers, toes, and boobs crossed! I can't see your picture!! =(

LOL on the crossed boobs comment! :(

You can't see the pic most likely because of your big brother firewall!

Thank you SARA!!!!!!!!!

Hey yall..

Yes, the wedding is going to be in Cedar Glen at the Annabella website I posted :o

Today we went down to finalize.. wedding was suppose to be Dec.8th, but had to push it back to Nov 4th for a few reasons.. we fell in love with the outdoor wedding and Dec would be too cold, Nov 3-10-17th were booked (saturdays), so now it's goign to be on a Sunday.

Finally found a preacher, ends up one of my dad's poker buddies (who me and fiance have played in poker tournaments in Tunica with) is a preacher.. who knew. He knows us both, he's a nice guy...so that's taken care of. Took my mom to the wedding place today to get her opinion, she wasn't as excited as we are, but then..she's the mom. She was point out all the flaws she didn't like (like the gazebo is scuffed and warped, and the trellis is overrun with shrubs coming through the back).. so I explained how we will get the florist to put drapes and add flowers, and things like that. I called the florist and we have a consultation at the wedding site on May 30th so he can work his 'fabu-ness' on the place and give us ideas. I have a meeting with a wedding planner tomorrow.. I'm hoping it will take the stress off of me, because I'm really feeling anxious about all of this. I don't want to do it more and more.. I want to just run off and get married. Damn family expectations. :(

I'm even nervous about having a wedding planner, because I don't want to be told what to do.. or be weary that someone is trying to scam me.. I've become very bitter toward 'services'.. long story...but seems people are always screwing us over. We are planning to honeymoon in Atlantis.. for the December wedding date, it was going to cost about 3k for a week including 1st class flights. Moving it to November more than doubled the cost.. I want to take the honeymoon right after the wedding, while we're still high from the excitement, so I don't want to keep the original December dates. I can't find a caterer (based off of ads I've seen) or photographer, that I'm happy with.. either because of their pricing, how they run things, or their lack of customer service. I have 1 less month to plan now, and 1 less month to lose weight (darn it!!!!!!!!!). Going to start the work gym Monday.. going to take a bunch of tylenol and push through the back pains. I'm at a plateau again (grr), and fill isn't till June 6.. I think due to the anxiety of starting to plan this wedding I'm eating less (normally it's the other way around). Haven't taken much time to breathe.. so stressed.. wah wah wah, right?

Found out last week one of my best friends is pregnant.. found out today another one is pregnant. I think I'm a year behind everyone. They all got married last year.. and now they're all pregnant. It's weird to know these girls since we were in elementary school and now they're gonna be moms. Which makes it harder and harder for me with my wedding, I've been trying to get together with them for tips and references for wedding stuff, and now everyone is so busy preparing for baby.. (they both blew me off on our lunch dates lately, and they both have come back and said it's because they found out they were pregnant and were busy). I bookmarked about 7 dresses I like, that can have billowy sleeves added to it.. they all run in sizes 4-24. But, if I am not at least a size 18 by then, I wouldn't want to wear it.. just because it COMES in plus size, doesn't mean a plus size should wear it. I'm 24 now, I hope size 18 by my wedding is realistic. I think the last time I squeezed into a size 18 I was 260lbs. 44lbs.. yeah, I can do this.

Happy thoughts.... I need a drink!

Wow... lots of "Dr. Laura" moments going on here!

Tracy... What a complicated, convoluted tale... as you know, there just isn't a clear, "right" answer... what does your gut tell you? How old is your son... 6?? Having read only your very high-level synopsis, I think I'd vote "no" for now... Be aware that where children are concerned, I tend to lean more traditionally and more conservatively as far as what is "good" for kids than society does... I think "COULD he handle it?" Yeah, probably, but why make him? Why not just let him be a little kid & leave these complicated adult lives/scenarios for when he's older? W/all the drama of the not-so-distant past, why not just try to give him as "boring" or "normal" childhood as possible w/as little "Jerry Springer" as possible? It is easier to sheild our young ones from bad situations than it is to try to undo potential damage unwittingly caused by others whom you can't control and don't particulary like or respect. The having to sneak e-mails is one red flag, I'm sure there are many more. You say he thinks of your BF's kids as siblings, right? so it's not like he doesn't have that dynamic in his life or is a sad, lonely only. Not an easy decision... I don't envy you...

Laura... Your wedding plans sound wonderful... albeit busy! It brings back memories... really, 20 years later all I remember are the highlights, the video & photo moments... I don't remember (well, I didn't 'til your post!) all that went into it. After our wedding was over, we agreed that we should've saved the $$ and used it to go for 2 weeks to Jamaica & get married on the beach there! And anyone who wanted to come along w/us could have... but that that would've been less stressful all around with the same result. Ask yourself "Who am I putting on this big wedding for?" If it's not your dream, then reconsider perhaps! How fun & adventurous to "elope"! You could always have just a big, rockin' party on your return! Oh -- one other memory -- we were married on a Sat & spent that night @ a hotel near the airport, flew to Jamaica on Sunday, and it wasn't until WEDNESDAY that I actually felt relaxed & that I was finally enjoying myself. The stress from the whole thing lasted THAT LONG! So, my suggestion would be that if you do go w/the big Nov wedding, that maybe "honeymooning" in December would save you $ and you may be able to "enjoy" it more fully. Just my .02.

Wow... maybe I should apply for "Dear Abby"!

lauraj23 - remember a wedding is a joyful occasion, I know you will have a wonderful memory and happy ever after with your honey. Now that said, lighten up about the details or you will drive yourself nuts. Stress holds weight for me. Hugs! Wish I was there and could help you. I love planning a party.

Actually since you have the preacher, a good idea of the dress, and of course the groom - everything else is window dressing. Also, I thought Nov. would be easier than Dec because of the holidays. You would think things would cost less. Fooled me!

Violets -

I just got my first fill - it was only .9 cc, which seemed to be enough, but not too much. We'll see. I am already gurgling. In fact after Dr. K pulled the syringe out, I had a gyser of serus Fluid (looked like blood to me). Do any of you have a hard spot near your port? Well I got a two for one today, a fill and a gyser. It stopped and now my tummy is softer around the port area. The pain wasn't too bad, no numbing was used.

I'm a go!

Hugs to all,

LOL...maybe you could be the Lapbandit Abby....

Laura...How exciting...I got married in the court house 14 years ago, so I didnt get any of the hoopla....I wish I had....

Tracy...WOW...I say, DO WHAT YOUR HEART SAYS!!!!! He is 6 and he will get over drama, but you have to do what you think is best for him...sounds like he is your hero...

What is everyone doing for Memorial Day? Anything special? We will probably go camping and boating...IF GAS PRICES STAY WHERE THEY ARE!!!!

I am ordering pizza for dinner tonight and plan on having the toppings maybe the crust...has anyone had pizza yet? I am not going to diet anymore in my life. If I want to eat a piece of pizza, I am going to let myself and NOT feel guilty....Pizza is food, food is life, life is good!!! Deanna

DynamoMini...what do you mean a gyser? One of the hard spots was full of Fluid? ???? Did you eat before hand? What did they tell you about eating afterwards?? Was it done blind or floro? What do you mean gurgling? Inside your stomach as you drink? LOL...HURRY AND ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL...Deanna

Oh. My. Gosh. Violets!

I just tried a sample packet of "Whey Gourmet Smooth Peanut Butter Chocolate" Protein mix in 8 oz. of skim milk and may I just use the word: orgasm! I was out of my head with the smoothness and the taste! It tasted (to me) like I was drinking a melted Reese's Cup! It is 120 cal, 2 g fat, 3 g carb, and 22 g protein (not including the skim milk). Wowza! I am going to order a can of it tonight!!! Seriously, w/one of those a day I may just stay on liquids forever!!

(PS -- I had this *after* I spent about 20 minutes fantasizing about a Ledo's pizza... and it pretty much cured that... pretty much...)

Mdrai...

Be very, very careful where you drink that stuff. Certainly not in a diner with Billy Crystal sitting across from you. Just like after hearing Sally, every lady will be asking to order.. "one of those". :)

So for those of you who have HAD a fill...did you eat regularly up until the fill time? Or did you be careful what you ate fill day? I go Monday for mine, and I dont want to eat if I am not suppose to. I dont mind doing the Unjury chocolate "shake" so it wont bother me too much the first few days of liquids...Angie, you probably arent losing as fast because you are below 200 to begin with. Seems like when I was dieting when I was "thinner"...thinner means under 200...it came off A WHOLE LOT slower....I have lost 35 since April 5 on two week pre op diet...I am feeling very lucky but then again I started at 305.5.....OH MY!!!! I am moving around and no knee pains anymore and I am LOVING life again!!!!!

I had my fill on Tuesday. I was told lite meals the day before and nothing to eat or drink after midnite. Afterwards 1 day of liquid and then back to regular eating. Hope this helps.

Judy~ Your so funny today. Your on a roll.

Tracy~ I will just say this...follow your heart (someone else posted that earlier). You have a tough decision to make. But you now have Violet Power (it is kinda like a super power...nice visual, fat women in tights). Hang tough honey!

Laura~ What an exciting time for you!!! I offer you this, enjoy the journey. Focus on the end result...all the other stuff will work itself out!

TTFN

LMAO!!! Fat women in tights!! That's us. PURPLE tights at that! Hands on hips, legs firmly planted and ready to conquer the dreaded Eating Monster!! I can already hear the music!!