Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Thanks for all the giggles this morning! (This is TMI, but Judy and I wear the same panties, lol). The thought of Terry shooting Propel throught her nose is too funny...you people crack me up!

Lunasa~ maybe your band is the baby you were thinking about when Baby 07 came to mind. I like the idea of you being the baby too, we all need to be babies, and take care of ourselves! "Rock a by bandsters, on the tree top..." (sometimes I crack myself up).:biggrin1:

I survived yesterday! Actually, it was very fun, I had never been, so I was excited! This time of year, it is nice to get out of the classroom once in a while! The kids were great (most of them...there was this one, oh man, what a pill). The bus ride was terrible. Picture this, it is 100 degress yesterday, and the bus overheats. The only remedy is to TURN THE HEAT ON! OMG...not fun. I was sick and so tired when we got back. Then I had to wait an hour and 15 min for the kids to be picked up...I am getting old!

Keep posting Violets, I need the giggles today just to stay awake! Love ya all!

ibchelle: 40 lbs in a month - I am jelious!! Congratulations! Yep I 'd say that is pretty dang fast. I am going to bury my head in a hole. I am still down only 7lbs since banding 4/18 and a total of 10lbs since my one week pre-op. I get my fill tomorrow and am praying that will kick start my body. I have not been eating the greatest, but way better then before bandland. I also have been walking almost 3 miles / 3x a week. I am COUNTING on my fill to get me through and start seeing some loss.

I am trying to do at least 1 nice thing for myself each of these liquid pre-op days... Tues = manicure & pedicure; Weds = new 50% off chair pads + placemat/napkin sets for the kitchen; Today = a new 24 oz lime green water bottle w/one of those cores that you stick in the feezer & freeze so it keeps your drink cold w/out watering it down w/ice... it has oz markings on it too, which is helpful (a little thing, but it works!). Oh yeah -- and my haircut! My dh should watch out... I may like this!!

Haydee: I snorted coffee out my nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Judy: WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! Well they say the butt and boobs are the first to go! (and also KUDO's on DH's 8lbs!)

Lunasa: I'm a Libra too! I had my son when I was 33 so you have plenty of time to get a handle on your band and weight before starting you next big project.

Jennifur and Terri... RE the colonix..... very interesting about the intestinal CAST... My sis is loving the stuff, but like I said she has major bathroom problems. She is amazed at being able to go.

OK....... finally saw a new low number on the scale today.. so I lost all my Branson weight and the weight from eating solid food.... to do this I am forcing myself to only eat small amounts and Protein first... so I'm in DIET mode. My boss went home and told his wife that I was losing weight and now she wants to know what I'm doing..

So I was honest........ Eating Less, Watching My Carbs and drinking my water! (that is AFTERALL what I'm doing.. right??)

All the 16's I'm in are stretchy, and I carry my weight all over... esecially in places like my arms.... OH TO HAVE TANK TOP ARMS... a girl can dream...... right???

I need to start in on Water I'm slacking today........

it is a quarter til 11 and I have not had one thing to eat.. and I've only drank my coffee.....

I'm having a moral dilima which I may get into later today, but I will say it involves my son 3.5 and his biological half sister 10...... but I need to digest the email I got before I get into it.

OFF TO GET WATER!!!!!!

Haydee,

I am the same way! When I went in for surgery the only thing that really even bothered me was the shot in my tummy..... aHHHHH that freaked me out. The IV was a bit of a pain, but since I have had many IV's I knew what to expect. So I am worried about my fill tomorrow as well. I think I am going to take some of my liquid vicoden before I head to the Dr.s.

You all are so funny. I am having a rotten day and then I read these posts and just started laughing! OMG this is so funny!

"So this morning I got to work early and I decided I'm going to do some of that ab work where you get on all fours." That is something that would happen to me!

Judy,

Tell DH good job!! Also great job on your NSV.

Everyone with fills this past week how are you feeling? Are you losing yet? (please please give me hope!) Are you still on liquids or able to eat?

I'm sorry Pamela, but you're WRONG. I've NEVER worn your panties in my life.. I swear ladies.. it NEVER happened!!!!:(

I'm sorry Pam, but you're WRONG. I've NEVER worn your panties in my life.. I swear ladies.. it NEVER happened!!!!:(

That's what they all say!! :clap2:

Jennifur, have you thought about going to a temp agency? or going to the union hall to see what companies can use your services?

Judy~ LMAO...that cracked me up! Thanks. The kids are pair studying their spelling words, so I pop over here...and Judy makes a funny! My kids are asking, what's so funny?

Thanks, that was a good belly laugh!:(:o :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Tekymom,

I have had no restriction since my surgery 4/9/07 either. I've lost and gained like 4lbs but Lord knows I've been eating anything and everything. Let me know how your first fill goes. I"m scheduled for my 1st on the 21st.

Ana

Well, I was up 2.5 on the dr scale when I went in. He was very pleased with my incision. He left 2 stitches and took the other 6 out. Who knows what caused my initial problems, but they seem to be gone now.

They told me the first fill is usually 1cc, but they gave me 1.5cc since I have had NO restriction and can eat ANYTHING! I asked for no numbing meds. It was a lot of pressure and a couple of stings, but nothing bad at all! I have a bit of heartburn right now. I'm hoping it is remnants of Breakfast before my fill. I would hate to have too much restriction for the first fill. I'm sipping tons of Water. I'll try to post later and let you lovely violets know how my first meal goes. It will be refried Beans. He said I need to do soft mushies for the first meal so I don't get suprised, but no other restrictions. I was shocked at that. I've heard many people have to go on liquids for 2 days and a few days of mushies after that. I have one meal of mushies. Hm, we'll see how it goes.

Wish me luck!

Judy~ LMAO...that cracked me up! Thanks. The kids are pair studying their spelling words, so I pop over here...and Judy makes a funny! My kids are asking, what's so funny?

Thanks, that was a good belly laugh!:(:o :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

**snicker** I remember the days in Kindergarten when the kids were "resting" and I would go online and laugh at some emails.. The kids would ask what was so funny, and I'd just say.. "shaddup and get to sleep". I was a good Kindergarten teacher, can ya tell?? :P

So for those of you who have HAD a fill...did you eat regularly up until the fill time? Or did you be careful what you ate fill day? I go Monday for mine, and I dont want to eat if I am not suppose to. I dont mind doing the Unjury chocolate "shake" so it wont bother me too much the first few days of liquids...Angie, you probably arent losing as fast because you are below 200 to begin with. Seems like when I was dieting when I was "thinner"...thinner means under 200...it came off A WHOLE LOT slower....I have lost 35 since April 5 on two week pre op diet...I am feeling very lucky but then again I started at 305.5.....OH MY!!!! I am moving around and no knee pains anymore and I am LOVING life again!!!!!

I'm a good juvie matron, too! Right now she's on her knees cleaning out the cabinet under my stovetop... an area that hasn't seen the light of day in 9 years! Hot Water, soap, and a sponge... I'm evil... and I'm liking it!:heh:

Angie: You are probably not losing as fast as some because you are already in ONEderland! I bet your fill WILL help, and I bet you start losing inches QUICK

I hope everyone is having a great day... I have yet to get any Water in, because I ate lunch and now am waiting my hour before drinking.

My dilema from earlier is that the mother of my son's half sister has emailed requesting that we get together this summer....

quick background:

My son's bio father is a low life (with strong sperm) he was my rebound loser after my heartbreaking divorce and I got pregnant after a life of infertility.. so my son is MY MIRACLE and I literaly thank God everyday for giving him to me, and having him is worth ALL the heartbreak and life changes that got me to the point of hooking up with such a loser.....because of this I over analyse everything that affects him......... Bio "Shrek" has 4 known kids with 4 formerly infertile women, my son being the youngest (that I know of). While I was with him and during pregnacy I made nice with 2 of the other mothers and was allowed to pick up the kids for weekends.. (I felt this was my duty) anyway when I booted "Shrek" the visitations ended because I was the only one giving it any effort...... my son has not seen any of his half siblings since he was 6 months old. They however are now 10 and 11, and know about their baby brother........... I have tried to do the right thing by emailing occassional updates and pictures.. and any that they send me goes into his book that I'm creating for when he gets older. Shrek lives a mere 5 blocks from me but does not have contact. He sends about $20 a month to SRS for child support so that the arrest warrants stay off his back. (there is a whole long drama induced story where he is concerned) The last time Robby saw him was a year ago April, and Robby just refers to him as "that big guy, or his other daddy". I never say anything negative about him because I don't believe in it, and if he asks questions I answer as diplomatically as possible, but he may make one or two comments every couple months

I will say this too... when I first had my son, I truly believed that everyone deserved to know their bio's even if they were a piece of crap. I refused to use him as a pawn....... but the day I found out that he had left him alone in a car at a downtown gas station in no car seat hanging out the window saying hi to all the passerby's I was LIVID.. (he ran in to get cigs) and I only found this out because another mother at daycare saw him and thought it was ME who left him and wanted me reported.. she told the babysitter and the babysitter told me..... Yes, momma grizzley syndrome went into affect and I took him to court to get supervised visitation and sole custody....... I got the sole custody and he failed the Court ordered Supervised Visitations and that was over a year ago.............

My family thinks I should not have any contact whatsoever with Shreks family or other kids.. they say it will only confuse him and make him want Shrek... but I am torn..... I will not have any other children and DBF and I are not married although we share a life and he thinks of DBF's kids as his brothers... they don't LOOK like him they don't share the same last name........ oh... and another thing that makes it difficult the email I got today from one of the mothers... well she has a female partner now, and she makes no bones about it that she doesn't like me.. she FORBID we have contact.. so emails I get are always without her knowledge.. STICKY situation......... but it all boils down to...... WHAT IS BEST FOR MY SON? Should I put off the meeting til he is older?

Tracy,

I personally think you should go ahead and meet up with them get it all out of everyones system. The odds are this will be the last time for lord knows how long. That way you won't feel guilty about not doing it and because your son is young it may not creat as many questions as it would later on. If you feel compelled to do it then get it OVER.

Ana