Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Laura

My mom is a member of Unity, ......

Wow! I'm a member of Unity too! That's very unusual to find ...it's a very small church! But I sure do love it!

Laura - I have my wedding ceremony and vows text on my computer and many said at the ceremony that it was the nicest they'd ever heard. It was pretty 'generic' and nothing about "obeying" your partner!! LOL There also was a part where we lit a unity candle. I'll be happy to send you the text if you're interested.

TO FILL OR NOT TO FILL? I'm not feeling much restriction again :youcandothis: I have a couple of long weekends planned in the next month with friends who don't know about my surgery. Should I get a fill or not? I want to be aggressive this 1st 6 months and can get one as early as May 25. Leave for my first trip May 31. Then another June 14. I would really like to have a fill, I think. When I posted on the "fills" forum I got one response that said not to do it because I'd be away from my doc. I guess I should call the surgeon and ask them what they think. I hate to be a pest, but I DID pay dearly for their services!

Terri...you Beauty!!

How did you get my pis?? I thought I deleted them B4 anyone got a look!! Thank YOu...xx

I LOVED our wedding day & all the planning & work that went into it & It was a fairytale..I had Horses & Carriage and fireworks and everything in a castle. I don't have the photographers pics on my computer but if I can I'll transfer so you guys can see us in the picture too!!

Laura, the purple was just lighting. We had a friend do the lighting & it was really amazing, it went from purple to blue & he did dry ice for us too, so it was enchanted looking..those photos were taken before he let loose with the dry ice.

I'd love to send you the DVD of the day...But the fomat wouldn't work for you there!! I'll see if I can get it re-regionalised (I made that word up) would you like it if I could send it to you? It would be good for ideas..it documents the day from the moment we started getting ready at home until the dancing into the early hours!!

The memories make me so happy!!

Terri...you Beauty!!

How did you get my pis?? I thought I deleted them B4 anyone got a look!! Thank YOu...xx

LOLOLO...I meant Pics...not pis!! LMAO

ibchelle: Wow, 40 lbs in a month -- that's a LOT! Congratulations!! I'd say it's fast! And I wouldn't worry about your body slowing down a bit... it needs time to catch up and reevaluate what's going on... + I think that the "ideal" weight loss w/the band is 1-2 lbs/week in the long run, so don't freak out just yet!

Lunasa: BEAUTIFUL wedding photos! Sounds like an Irish wedding is not to be missed!

Laura: Lunasa's right, you may want/need *some* on-the-ground help w/the actual manual labor involved, if not someone who's experienced w/weddings to bounce ideas off of. I'm sure there are gobs of wedding web sites... there was no Internet when I was married back in the stone age (ok, the '80s)... all we had were those 100lb bridal magazines to flip through for help... amazing it got done at all! lol!

Tracy: Great pic! I can see the loss in your face, too! "Glug, glug, glug"!

Well, the vet came and Mo was constipated w/old poop that had dried out & was too hard to push out w/all the pain from the bladder stuff... a vicious cycle... gotta love a woman who'll stick her finger up your cat's butt to clean him out! That's why she makes the BIG bucks! So cross your fingers that this will be IT for his medical woes... as my checking account is EMPTY now!!

Oh, and did I mention that our upstairs A/C unit died and we need to have all of that replaced tomorrow. Can you say B-R-O-K-E??? Good thing I can't eat anything... all this worry & money stress would usually send me RUNNING to food... so instead I got my mani & pedi + am going on a walk -- :youcandothis: -- is this even ME typing this stuff??? What is happening??? (I hope it's the transition beginning to occur... from a food-addicted fattie to a NORMAL PERSON!!!)

Keep keeping on, everyone!

OMG! I called my doctors office and they said, "Oh yeah, you definitely need a fill!" Cool! I'm going for my second one in a week! May 22!

I have been having trouble getting in to lapband since last night....REALLY weird error messages....I dont know what I would do if it lasted over an hour...I even google it and try to get in that way and NO LUCK!!! Then this morning it did it again...I dont know what is going on but is there an alternative place to meet if something happens and no one can get in? I think I would DIE if I couldnt get on lapbandtalk....Deanna

OMG! I called my doctors office and they said, "Oh yeah, you definitely need a fill!" Cool! I'm going for my second one in a week! May 22!

Sheeeeesh Terry... you're on your 2nd fill and I don't get my first until June 5! but then again, I'm not having any hunger issues... yet!!

I just finished planting 8 different plants in one of my flower gardens and three Tomato plants in pots. Hope they do well in there. I changed my veggie garden to a flower garden last year, but I knew I'd miss fresh tomatoes off the vine. I have two flower beds to create with weedliner and mulch but won't get to that til Thursday. DH put all the paving blocks out so his part of the project is done. I have tons of morning glories to plant aslo on Thursday. It's starting to rain so I came in and am enjoying my nice cold Crystal light.

Ok - I was banded on 4/17/07.. I lost 20 lbs pre op(4/2 - 4/17) and I have lost 20 lbd since surgery (4/17 -5/15). I feel like I can't loose anymore - I walk 30 min a day and I watch what I eat. I go for my fill on 5/24.. Is the weight that I have lost a good number or a slow number??? Help!!!!:help:

I think 40 lbs is AWESOME!!!!! especially since you are in bandster hell!

Keep walking and those inches will just fall off!

Sheeeeesh Terry... you're on your 2nd fill and I don't get my first until June 5! but then again, I'm not having any hunger issues... yet!!
.....and you're losing weight and I'm NOT!! I'm doing okay, but know it can be better. If Dr. Spivak's good to go, then so am I!!!

I just got back from having my first fill of 1cc. and my next appontment is in 8 weeks. I was weighed by the dr.'s office and by the dietician's office and weighed different weights in less than 1 hour, so I'm sticking with what my scales said this morning, 230. I weight less at home.

I'm on full liquids for the day.

I have been given a diet of 1200 cal which is way more than I've been getting but I have been following my dr's plan and will stick to his schedule of eating. After 6 weeks I'll be able to add more fresh fruit, vegies and the like to my diet so I should be losing 2 lbs a week. I hope that holds true then I'll be down 38 lbs. :clap2:

Gotta go and take my daily nap!!!:sleep

Ibchelle -I can't imagine complaining about 40 pounds - WOW! You are doing great! Your body may time-out for a bit, mine does after rapid weight loss. It always puts me into a tailspin emotionally, but if you continue eating and exercising, you will release more weight. I have to keep reminding myself this is a two year process, some weeks I'll drop more than others even if I am "perfect!"

Violets - I am amazed at how wonderfully everyone is doing. Enjoy the wedding planning, what a wild ride that is!

I will make this short because the website is screwy.

Hugs,

You guys are all amazing and doing so well and motivated. I have not hit the gym as I wanted to, but have been working away at lots of homework. Tomorrow is my absolute deadline so thursday am I am there.

I also found a school who took all my credits and gave me a degree! I should have it by the weekend I hope, and then I will update my resume and try for a job again. Maybe that will help! My mom wants to have a graduation party, it seems like I've been in school forever, actually years full time so it is about time someone gave me a degree, now to finish my BA! YIPEE!!!

On my 3rd glass of water!!!!!!! :youcandothis:

( I had 3 phentermine left and I took one this morning) it really does curb the appetite

So far today:

B: 2 pc of string cheese

L: 1 sf pudding cup, the topping off a South Beach Diet chicken pizza

dinner will be meat loaf........

Finished my 5th glass of Water today. I'll finish my 6th and 7th glass in about an hour. And I too had meat loaf for supper. cooked the begeezus out of some fresh asparagus and had that and a couple of tablespoons of sweet potato and I'm stuffed to the gills. Even a little pain as I think I ate too fast. I'm off to bell choir and a singing rehearsal and then will come home to a yogurt for my evening snack.< /span>