Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey guys, have any of you heard of "Unjury"? I hadn't until I got my pre-op/post-op diet from Dr. Cywes.

I went to their website, and I'm really wanting to get some...if I order today, do you think it will be here by the time I'm on full liquids (should be by the 6th of April -- next friday).

I'm going to make a whole new post about this in the food section of the site...just curious if any of you had already tried it???? It comes in several flavors (Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry Sorbet, Unflavored and even chicken Broth!). They sell samples so I was going to get some of those to try....

hrmmm..i think i'll call GNC to see if they carry it! Then i won't have to pay shipping! :-D I'll let you guys know...

I am just starting to look into the powders - so any useful info would be a great help.

Jax? YES!!!!!

I'm in jax! Who's your surgeon? (as you can see in my posts) my surgeon is Dr. Cywes.

I'm scheduled for April 2nd (next monday....5 more days!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh! starting to get the jitters...lol)

-Panda-

I am going to Dr. Cywes too!!! You are going next Monday?? How exciting!!! Are you going to the surgery center or Memorial??? Also, what goes on at the pre op appt? I go today at 3 and just wondering what happens. You will have to let me know how Monday goes. :)

Originally Posted by TerriDoodle viewpost.gif

Hi Angie!! I'm sooooooooo jealous that you live in Colorado Springs. It's one of my favorite places on the planet. I wish I could live there :) .... Specifically, I'd like to live at the Broadmoor!! :P Manitou Spgs. reminds me so much of my beloved Austin....so cool.

Welcome to what's quickly becoming a crazy, crazy thread! Full o' kooks who are spaced out a bit due to lack of nourishment!

Hi there!

I love it here. I am originally from CA but only go back a couple times a year to see family. I do miss the year round warm weather of CA. I'd love to live at the Broadmoor as well!! But going to eat at the hotel from time to time is ok with me. You must have spent some time here to know all about the Springs? I live right outside the Springs (out East) in a town called Falcon. We have three horses and needed property so we moved out there. Now everyone is moving out there. We are expecting to get 8000 soldiers relocating from Ft Hood before June. That is fine with me... go property value!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post427203 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Jennifur user_online.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_427203", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Feb 2007

im_aim.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_427203><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->How exciting, our group is growing by the minute!

does that cottage cheese thing work? I could do that.

I am back on my LA Weighloss, fresh green veggies, oranges and chicken diet. I gained 5lbs over the weekend - all salt

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Jennifur,

Are you on LA weightloss now? I was thinking of joining once I had my surgery because it is mainly high protein/low carb right? I did metobolic a few years ago and lost about 50lbs but as soon as i started eating again... yep you guessed it! Anyway I was just wondering how LA Weightloss was and if it is working for you?

I've been so dang busy the last couple of days, but I just got a HUGE motivator from my boss.......... He told me yesterday that he is giving me ONE WEEK of his timeshare to use at a resort in COSTA RICA!!!!!!!!!

We just have to pay for airfare, passports and stuff... but the condo is FREE for us! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

He would like for me to use it in 2007, but its looking like Feb of 08 for us!

http://www.condovac.com/

OMG Tracy! Costa Rica looks amazing, I was thinking of booking our holiday there, jungles, rain forests etc, its looks a beautiful contry!

Were going to Mexico at the end of June, it is a motivator :) !! Its amazing I read posts on here whereby many people have their surgery in Mexico, lol, its a 13 and 1/2 hour flight from here, the beaches there look amazing, ooooooooo tropics......here we come!

GO BOOK THAT COSTA RICA FLIGHT TRACY!

I am going to Dr. Cywes too!!! You are going next Monday?? How exciting!!! Are you going to the surgery center or Memorial??? Also, what goes on at the pre op appt? I go today at 3 and just wondering what happens. You will have to let me know how Monday goes. :)

I'm scheduled at Memorial (8:30 am). And my mom is right before me at 7:15 :-D

The preop is nothing to worry about. You go in and he gives you your pre-op diet (I'd already been eating that for a while and didn't realize it...but it helped me lose 27 lbs since January -- well 21 as of my pre-op appt, but now it's 27 :clap2: )

He also showed us pictures of different patient's livers (to explain/show/emphasize how important the pre-op diet is). He showed us a "perfect patient", then a patient who had done perfectly except 1 high carb meal about 3-4 days before surgery (it's a MAJOR difference), and someone who actually gained weight (it was gross how her liver looked...yucky!). He goes over a few other things and then asks if you have any questions. If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask.

As far as pre-op diet - Surgery is on Monday for me, and I don't have to start Clear Liquids until Saturday night. But you need to follow the rules he gives...he's not asking too much from us compared to other doctors, but it works!

Anyway, this is SO awesome having someone else who's one of his patients! I'm planning on going to the support meeting next thursday night (1st and 3rd thursday nights of each month starting at 7pm at the office). Have you been to one yet? I never was able to make it before surgery, so I'll still be freshly banded when I go...lol.

Anyway, you'll do great...just follow what he says! :P

Take care,

-Panda-

<TABLE class=tborder id=post427203 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Jennifur user_online.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_427203", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Feb 2007

im_aim.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_427203><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->How exciting, our group is growing by the minute!

does that cottage cheese thing work? I could do that.

I am back on my LA Weighloss, fresh green veggies, oranges and chicken diet. I gained 5lbs over the weekend - all salt

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi Jennifur,

Are you on LA weightloss now? I was thinking of joining once I had my surgery because it is mainly high protein/low carb right? I did metobolic a few years ago and lost about 50lbs but as soon as i started eating again... yep you guessed it! Anyway I was just wondering how LA Weightloss was and if it is working for you?

the jumpstart phase works, as I've already lost 28lbs, but it did not work after I had my son. I hve the diet guiedlines somewhere, I'll grab them and post it if you would like. I would not pay the money, they require you to eat a ton of food - healthy food - but a lot, so i don't think you could do it after the band. But a good guideline I guess.

It is simply BEAUTIFUL here today!

Sara: This place has a tour that goes up to the mountains and you zipline, horseback ride, waterslide and then end with a mud bath......

I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! and by Feb 08 maybe I'll be down 80lbs or more and I can enjoy IT!

I can not believe my boss offered this to me.... I guess I have to stop being annoyed by him now!!! LOL and he still doesn't know I'm having surgery... (I've teased him about adopting me, because they aren't hurting for money, and he just dropped 30K on his daughters wedding)

He is just about ready to retire, and the only reason he hasn't given it up yet is that our insurance is good, and he needs it.

I have less than a month to go befor surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi April bandster friends! I had a pre-op appt today with my band dr! YAY ME!!!! I lost 9 pounds since my last appt with him (1/17/07) so NO "pre-op" diet for me! I'm SO thankful! (and very sorry for those who have to do it!) They gave me an "optional" liquid diet 24 hours before surgery but said it was totally optional. I dunno about you but I think I'll "opt" NOT to do that! They said no binging - I can handle that - but I will take it easy and continue with the high Protein, very low carb, lots of veggies and 1 - 2 oranges a day diet that I've been doing. I started it about 2 weeks ago and that's how I lost the 9 pounds. Before that, I wasn't doing anything to lose but it sank in that my pre-op appt was coming and I had better do something fast or else they'll put me on the liquid pre-op diet!

Anyway - things are looking good for 4/5/07 band date. I have a pre-op appt on 4/3/07 at the hospital to meet with the anesthesiologist and post-op nurse.

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Bandedme (4/5/07)

262/253/155

I just went and ordered some Isopure no carb (protein water) off the GNC website. I HOPE I like the stuff!

At GNC here locally, a single bottle was priced at $3.79........ I just ordered 24 of them for $67.86..

That price also inclued their GNC gold card and a discount coupon I copied off the net, and tax... (free shipping)...... I figured this way I paid $2.83 each for them.......... geesh.. I hope they are good...

They have zero carbs, and 40 grams of protein.. so I'm planning this for the clear stage and beyond.

Hi all! Re: Protein Shakes - I checked with my band dr this morning at my pre-op appt - I asked what kind of "protein shakes" is he talking about - like slimfast opti, Atkins, etc - he said NO NONE OF THEM!!!! B/c they are WAY too high in carbs. He have me a list of websites that have the Protein shakes, drinks, powders. Some are at GNC. As a "rule of thumb" you want at least 20g protein with LESS THAN 5g carbs per serving.

Just a little FYI to all my bandster friends!

Bandedme 4/5/07

Hello everyone...It is now only 6 short days until my surgery. I went for my Pre Op appt with the hospital and I have lost 7 pounds on my liquid diet!! How exciting. I am struggling now to stay on the diet, though, because I am in San Diego for my best friends wedding...My first stop off the plane was the grocery store to stock up on liquids. I am trying to be good!! Send me all of your positive vibes and I am sure I will survive!! :-)