Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNYTalk Newsletter 01/15/2013

RNYTalk Newsletter

By
Hey, RNYTalk members!

Happy New Year! It’s time to leap into 2013. You might have slipped a little during the holidays, but January is a great time for a fresh start! Of course, RNYTalk.com is here for you as you work to lose weight and get healthy. Allow the January Newsletter to motivate you to get back on board if you lost your focus in December, or to inspire you to keep up the good work if you were able to stay on track during the holidays. Here’s what we have in this newsletter.

• Looking Ahead to 2013!

• Member Spotlight: Meet Jenneliza!

• New Year’s Resolutions that Work!

• RNYTalk Member Challenge: Make Your New Year’s Resolutions!

• Casting Call: Looking for RNYTalk.com Members to be in a Book!

As you get back into the swing of everyday life and your commitment to your health, we hope you continue to make Alex Brecher

Founder

RNYTalk.com

Looking Ahead to 2013!

2012 was a phenomenal year for Water skiing. Then, as she says, “it was a no-brainer” when her daughter told her “she was being teased for having a fat mom.” She got her bypass surgery in July and is already down 104 pounds, from a high of 286, less than six months later!

Since getting the surgery, she feels more motivation to exercise because it feels like it’s helping. This time, she’s confident that she will lose the weight! Her son already has more room on her lap, her children can wrap their arms around her and she loves seeing herself in the mirror – without the double chin! Jen’s biggest challenge is staying hydrated every day. Another challenge is going to the grocery store and seeing all the tempting and forbidden foods!

Jen uses RNYTalk.com to get information and find support from members. As she says, the “forum is full of great people who offer all kinds of viewpoints and discussions.” She loves using the app for iPhone because it is so convenient. Jen’s advice for members who may be struggling with their weight is not to give up – the journey is tough but worthwhile! Thanks, Jen, for sharing your story and offering your advice. Congratulations on your own weight loss!

The Protein per day so you feel more full.

• Make them doable. Keep your resolutions realistic so you’re not setting yourself up for failure. Nobody’s perfect, and your resolutions’ success shouldn’t depend on you to be perfect. Instead of resolving to drink more water, resolve to drink an extra 8 ounces of water in the morning at least 5 days per week. This resolution gives you some room for error just in case you forget your water a couple of times in the week. Plus, the resolution is specific, so it fits with the first tip!

• Make them controllable. You can’t control whether you lose a certain amount of weight within a certain amount of time. What you can control are resolutions such as sticking to your diet or exercising to burn off an extra 300 calories per day, 3 days per week.

• Keep these tips in mind when you’re making your own New Year’s resolutions. Solid resolutions together with your best intentions can help you make 2013 a great year for your health, weight and happiness!

RNYTalk Member Challenge: Make Your New Year’s Resolutions!

This is the part of the newsletter where we challenge RNYTalk.com members to take a step forward by doing something new. The experience can help you grow and gain confidence when you do something you hadn’t even thought about before, or you find out that you can do something you hadn’t even realized that you could do. This month, we’re sticking to the theme of New Year’s resolutions.

The challenge for this newsletter is to make one or more resolutions based on the advice in this newsletter. We challenge you to make your resolutions specific, doable and controllable – and we’re eager to see what you decide to do in 2013!

Tell us about your resolutions in the recipes to share, let us know! All you have to do is contact Alex Brecher (username Alex Brecher) via RNYTalk.com’s private messaging system. We’d love to hear from you no matter where you are in your bypass journey, even if you’re just thinking about the surgery. Thanks!

That’s it for this month’s newsletter. We invite you to head on over to the forums and get a head start on a healthy 2013. Again, Happy New Year to you and your loved ones! May 2013 be the best year so far. Take care of yourself and each other.

Sincerely,

Alex

==============================================================

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: {unsubscribe}

Thanks. This was the best decision I ever made!!

Congrats Jenna on your amazing journey so far! Great things ahead for us all in 2013!

Thanks. Yes 2013 will be a great year!!!

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk