Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

I am most looking forward to having the surgery and not stressing about the approval process. Even when I'm laying in that hospital bed post op-I'll be thrilled knowing all my hard work to get there finally paid off' date=' and now it's time to get busy working in a different way.

I think the most tangible thing I look forward to is wearing shorts again, finding clothes easily, feeling sassy, and sexy for my husband.[/quote']

I'm def looking forward to feeling sexy again! it's been awhile lol

One more week. I am just over whelmed with excitement. Im looking forward to all the above plus taking dance classes again. Waaaaahooooo. Come on Jan 7th. Happy NEW Year.

One more week. I am just over whelmed with excitement. Im looking forward to all the above plus taking dance classes again. Waaaaahooooo. Come on Jan 7th. Happy NEW Year.

So exciting you are so close!!!!! I just want the 15th to come as well! Are you doing a liquid diet?

So exciting you are so close!!!!! I just want the 15th to come as well! Are you doing a liquid diet?

No. No liquid diet. I was lucky. I have an 8 hour nutritional class on the 3rd. I'm sooooo ready. Congrats on everyone's surgeries for Jan

Hey friends! I'm new here, but my date is Jan 14, I'm revising from a band (huge failure) to RNY. I've never had so many mixed emotions before! I'm scared but excited! Glad to be sharing my journey with you guys! :)

I think there are a few of us going to OR on Jan 14...I'm right there with ya Chica! Emotions on high, started my pre op diet today. One foot in front of the other for now. I'm cleaning my closet & staying busy today : )

I find it odd that I don't have a preop diet, at all. I have an amazing surgeon with all the credentials one can have... but just scared because I dont have the diet down already that I'm going to be in for a HUGE shock!

Well, today and tonight mark my official 'food funeral' celebration...and what better way to Celebrate than on New Year's Eve! Tomorrow starts my 2 week liquid diet before surgery on January 15th. Tonight I will be saying farewell to soda, carbonated cider with alcohol, pizza, mounds of appetizers and junk food, and whatever else I can get my hands on. I'm making sure I'm going out with a bang!!!!!! Anyone else participating in the good old food funeral? I didn't think I would, and up until this point I've been okay, but now that tomorrow marks day 1...I feel so ready to eat, enjoy, and ring in the new year :)

I find it odd that I don't have a preop diet, at all. I have an amazing surgeon with all the credentials one can have... but just scared because I dont have the diet down already that I'm going to be in for a HUGE shock!

That's strange! I never understood why that happens. Is your surgeon from a center of excellence? Mine requires a two week liquid diet to shrink the liver. Since we're heavy, we have fatty livers. Any amount of weight loss helps. The goal is to lose 15-20 on the pre-op liquid diet. Maybe you can start doing your own??

I think it is interesting how we all have had similar struggles. 9 months after starting this journey, I will finally have gastric bypass on 01/09/2013. Strange thing I feel nervous about it. Perhaps to much reading. I have lost 40lbs since I started this journey. Will be done per Dr. Englehardt through BMI of Texas in San Antonio.

Hey friends! I'm new here, but my date is Jan 14, I'm revising from a band (huge failure) to RNY. I've never had so many mixed emotions before! I'm scared but excited! Glad to be sharing my journey with you guys! :)

welcome to the site you will love it here. I am also surgery date 1/14/2012/pre-op testing 1/2/2012/liquid diet starts 1/7/2012

Hello! New to this thread.... my journey has been kind of quick... I first attended the seminar in September, after being in denail that this was what I needed. My liver doc told me in April that he gave my lover 6-9 months before failure due to NAFLD. At first I was stubborn but then realized I do need the help. this journey has taught me SOOOOO much about myself! I started my 2 week liquids only diet the day after Christmas, and I have surgery 1-9-13. I can not wait. Today I am on day 6 of this journey, up to today, I have found it not to be so hard... but today I caved. I cheated, I ate shrimp... I could have ate much worse, I know, but still knowing I had to cheat it, makes me wonder if I am really able to go thru with this lifestyle change! Anyone else on their liquids? have u cheated? How long is your diet? What are u allowed? I am only allowed 3 Meal Replacement Protein Shakes, Water, sugar free popsicles, and broth. I have done extremely well... til lunch today, that is. ;-(

I find it odd that I don't have a preop diet' date=' at all. I have an amazing surgeon with all the credentials one can have... but just scared because I dont have the diet down already that I'm going to be in for a HUGE shock![/quote']

I don't have one either-my BMI is borderline so I wasn't required to lose any. I'm guessing it depends on your diet history as well as a culmination of other things. I'm going to cut out the designated items on the "to quit before surgery" list in our handbook like soda, caffeinated coffee, etc. after tonight since my surgery is on the 10th. Either way-best of luck to you!

Well' date=' today and tonight mark my official 'food funeral' celebration...and what better way to Celebrate than on New Year's Eve! Tomorrow starts my 2 week liquid diet before surgery on January 15th. Tonight I will be saying farewell to soda, carbonated cider with alcohol, pizza, mounds of appetizers and junk food, and whatever else I can get my hands on. I'm making sure I'm going out with a bang!!!!!! Anyone else participating in the good old food funeral? I didn't think I would, and up until this point I've been okay, but now that tomorrow marks day 1...I feel so ready to eat, enjoy, and ring in the new year :)[/quote']

That is so funny! I've been thinking of it the same way, but I won't have to be on liquids (sorry you have to). I hope we're not sick tomorrow after our food funerals, lol. My husband's been asking me what I want as my "last suppers" but I don't want to add weight I'll have to lose later and need to start cutting out some bad things-might as well start tomorrow because pre-op is the day after! Yikes-we're all getting really close.