Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Michelle, how about taking a nap after all those "early bird" good deeds? That could fall under exercise...stretching your muscles and checking your eyelids for cracks. Do you sleep in the fetal position? (abdominal crunch) Hey, if Penni can use the guitar string purchase....

O.K. This has been so enjoyable to read. I started laughing so loud and hard at Darcys chili farts that my husband had to come and see what was going on. I agree with Penni (sorry Lisa) doing something boring with your hubby is a good for sure. It should count for two good deeds. I have decided I am going to take it slowly about the weight loss as long as the scale is moving down. Cause food is a part of life all around me and I am going to have some of the forbidden goodies some times. Today I had a scrambled egg with salsa for Breakfast. 3 peppermint patties for a snack. The insides of a Taco Bueno chicken casadea with gualamoale and sour cream for lunch with 3 peppermint patties for lunch. Some pistachio nuts for afternoon snack. One half of a grilled chicken breast with honey mustard sauce and some squash caserole for dinner and later I will drive to McDonalds for a dipped cone while on my way to do my good deed. I will spend the night with my daughter and keep my grandson tomorrow because her sitter cant. No exercise except the work related up and down the ladders and stairs painting a mural. I have really enjoyed reading about what everyone eats. Stay positive, healthy and happy...Janie

Marie, If Penni can wear spandex so can you! Aren't you in the 190 lb range right now? I'd be happy just getting to the 200's. I didn't get to weigh today but will try to in the morning before work.

Lisa, I already WALKED! LOL. UofO lets people walk if they have under 8 credits to complete. I didn't want to have to wait all the way till next year to walk for a measly couple of summer classes so I walked already. Hence the picture in my avatar... LOL.

I am surviving and kept a better attitude about it today.

Michelle, those were really good deeds! I don't think I would get up and drive my own mother to the air port at 5 A.M. LOL.

The only good deed I can think of that might count was stopping by the grocery store on the way home from class and a long hot day to get some grocery's for dumb and dumber (husband and roommate). I think the less I see hubby the more he annoys me. He (I think men in general) can't do anything unless I direct him. He always says to leave a note but the last two times I have left one, he hasn't even noticed them! Both were BIG written in brightly colored ink and one time I even included money on top of the note! All of this was centered right dead center on the kitchen counter and he NEVER noticed! Oh-well. Anyway...

Today I had two veg. sausage, 1 egg

missed lunch, too busy

2 roasted chicken legs, .25 cup of cottage cheese, and 1 small zuchinni

candy bar

Oops almost forgot my sugar free iced white choc. mocha too.

I love that grape propel drink by gatorade.

Hope everyone has a good evening and I'll get my weight tomorrow. Teresa

Originally posted by hagerteresa

He always says to leave a note but the last two times I have left one, he hasn't even noticed them! Both were BIG written in brightly colored ink and one time I even included money on top of the note! All of this was centered right dead center on the kitchen counter and he NEVER noticed! tomorrow. Teresa

Teresa, I tape a note written in a Sharpie on the bathroom mirror. I know a pit stop will be made and looking in the mirror is a given. And, I've also left one taped to the t.v. remote control.

Got up & went for a long walk with pooches. Then did abs on my Total Gym.

B - Protein drink

L - picked at chicken & a couple handfuls popcorn

D - Mushy veggies & tough steak

And a Hagan Daz bar. But that's okay in my book. Even if I ate one every single night, it's the binge eating that scares me. For example, my pouch is stuffed full, but my brain keeps calling me towards the kitchen, so I came here to chat with someone sensible. But nobody is logged on... hello out there, hellloooo??

Penni, if you're there, my armpits hurt from the Total Gym. I don't recall ever having muscle soreness there, but I'll take any pain I can get. Pain is good. Why is that? Yummy things are bad, stinky Vitamins are good, pain is good, and love stinks. What a whacky world.

Teresa, you cracked me up with "Dumb & Dumber." I HATE complaining about the man I love, but he's dumb as a box of rocks so I can't help myself.

Day Three:

Breakfast - small Protein drink, 1/2 veg. sausage patty, 1 scrambled egg

lunch - chicken salad

dinner - one A&W chicken strip

Exercise - 13 miles bicycling at lake

Good Deed - took bread and bird seed to ducks at lake (O.k., I'm stretching here. Will do better.)

Big lesson learned today:

The difference in pb and sliming. Chicken strip got stuck, went to public restroom, pb a little, came back to booth, SLIMED about a cup of clear gunk (aahh) down my shirt, went back to public restroom, pb a little more. 45 min. later, finally felt better.

If you still feel "stuck" after a little pb, don't be an IDIOT and sit there. You're not finished! And a handful of napkins isn't going to be enough to handle the situation.

Thank goodness, there wasn't anyone else around right then!

Marie, are you PBing like that a lot? Till this day I've only had one incident. I still get "golf ball" in throat. I seem to always have something stuck in my throat.

NO!! I've pb a little bit a few times, usually from eating too fast or not chewing good. Now, I'm interpreting pb to be that little wad of chewed up food that's stuck. But the "sliming" was a whole different ballgame! You remember, Slimer, on Ghostbusters... it was just like that! A LOT of clear, slimey gunk that you can't just hide behind your hand! It was so gross! Now, I'm going to be paranoid when we go out to eat with someone! I'm hoping I learned my lesson! I think one time with that is certainly enough!

I always notice the begining of the sliming before I PB. I get a salty taste on the roof of my mouth and will get that weird golfball throat feeling. I figure the sliming is natures way of trying to get something to go down. Lube it up BABY! LOL. I'll sit there in total denial that I am going to PB forever. I'll sit there and try to ignore it until I am absolutely in a mad race for the bathroom or a bag depending on what is closer. A few weeks ago my husband and I went to an A&W drive in. I tried to eat a plain burger patty and normally those work fine but I think I was so starving by the time it came that I snarfed it down. I felt uncomfortable before we pulled away but sometimes what I think is a PB warning sign will work itself out, NOT THIS TIME! We were driving around (I am at the wheel) and KC keeps asking if I am REALLY okay? I was determined I was NOT going to get sick and kept driving. Finally to my relief I had to stop at a stop sign and it gave me enough time to grab a cup. Of course he had to do the whole superiority speech and I must not LIE to him when I am sick. LOL.

Lisa, I love my husband too, but men are dumb. Having this roommate has been a learning experience because I'll observe them without always participating in the conversation. Their conversations are amazingly stupid. I don't think the woman's movement was what we thought it was. I think women just had to get out of the house and go to work because their husbands weren't smart enough to support them. I don't know. Do we have entire 20 year span of men raised to be big wimpy mama's boys? KC is clever at a lot of things mechanical but otherwise he is blind and deaf to his surroundings. We make a good team because I am not mechanical at all.

Marie, I'll try that note taping tip. I used to leave it on the computer keyboard but it has become the roommates room now and we still keep it as the office too. Right across the front of the television might work too.

Best wishes all, Teresa

Teresa, you have me laughing so hard that I can hardly type!! Your sliming description was too eery! That's exactly what happened to me! Do you think the A&W is the connection? I just knew I'd be ok after a little pb, but it was not to be. We had ridden our bikes to the A&W. When the "sliming" portion hit, it soaked my t-shirt! I was just glad there weren't any food chunks on it. But being the trooper that I am (ha!), we went ahead and rode our bikes. Between that and the Ben Gay smell that now permeates my husband's truck interior, we're talking some romantic stuff! I'm just glad that I wasn't trying to impress him on a first date!:):(

OK here is my data for the day.

Breakfast: Skipped it unless you count two cups of cafe vienna

Lunch: cheeseburger no bun, ice tea

Supper: 1 piece ( less than 1 oz ) of chicken tikka masala; 1 tablespoon of saag paneer (spinach dish); 1 piece ( 4 oz ) tandoori chicken; 1 tablespoon of mango chutney; grilled onions; two cups of Indian Tea; two 8 oz glasses of Water. MMM MMM GOOD!!!!!!

I love Indian food. And it goes down so easily.

Exercise: 20 min recumbent bike; 20 min treadmill; 20 min Pilates in my new workout outfit. LOL!!!

Good deed: OK so this is stretching it here but it was all I could come up with today. I paid the gardener for my sweetie since he forgot to leave a check and I did not ask to be reimbursed. I also endured 2 hours of watching some video film work he is editing. That is soooooooooooooooo boring but he appreciated the effort.

I promise I will think of something better for a good deed tomorrow.

I forgot to do measurements today so I will do them tomorrow.

Lisa: You are working new muscles so of course you will have sore one pop up you never knew you had. The same thing is happening with me and the Pilates tapes. Man Mari Winsor can kick some major butt with her exercises.

Another little "sliming" event like last night, and I'll just drop dead of shame. My husband will have to sell this slightly used Lapband on E-Bay to help cover the costs of my cremation.

*Hanging Head in Shame... but With a Big Grin on My Face!*

I awoke this morning... Feeling thinner... I tried to fight it girls...but after last week with no loss... I really needed to see something positive. Soooooooooooo I stepped on the ole Tanita this morning and I was down to 226!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! That's down from 229 on Monday... Happy Girl Here.:) I broke the 30 pound loss mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yee Haw!!!!! I swear ... I'm going to attack that treadmill today with all I've got! OMIGOD... I feel soooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSV... My hubby bought me a pretty little ring for my birthday July 9th... we didn't have it sized because I was freshly post-op and wanted to see if it would fit after losing weight. It has been sitting mostly in it's jewelery case where I would look at it on a daily basis... I took it out yesterday evening and guess what... it fit!!!!!

I have never slimed or PB'd... I guess that is a sure sign that I need that first fill???? I really don't think I want to experience what you all are describing... but feel like I won't be a real bandster until I do! I guess another good sign that I need a fill is that I sat and ate an entire bag of smart pop popcorn lastnight... whoops.

Have a great day everyone... OH... Teresa... Lisa... there are many smart men out there... it's just that we women tend to pass them by for the more testosterone based versions. I was guilty of this but learned my lesson. Many smart men also make the mistake of choosing Barbie Dolls as well... some of them learn that a good conversation can not be underestimated. Luckily... I let Mr. testosterone go... and Barbie left my hubby for a testosterone based man... and two smart people got a second chance for happiness!

Hope everyone has a kick butt day!

Darcy

Hey Thresa - I have one of those "Dumbers" too! lol This morning it was raining and the t.v. said flood warnings. I told him to make sure he takes the top off the drain so that the pool doesn't flood again. When I came to work, the streets were flooded worse than I have seen in a long time, so called him at work and ask him if he did it. Nope! So now he is headed home to do it.

Marie - Yikes! That does not sound like fun to me. I don"t want that part of the band. lol I hope you are feeling better today. Slow, small bites! See, I am practicing.

Darcy - Wow! That is a great loss. I love it that you can wear your ring now too. You must be feeling great! I can't wait to get there.

Betty

Betty, believe it or not, I was taking slow, small bites. I think that chicken was just too dry and was just compacting itself until I couldn't put any more in there. This band is a WEIRD little contraption! I had actually felt pretty "smart" walking into the A&W, holding my "wanna be a Harley Rider" bicycle helmet and gloves. But leaving was more of a slink and hope no body notices feel. My husband had put his helmet back on and I kept sitting in there. So he said, "Well, I better take this off. I look dumb." But I don't think he looked as dumb as I did, walking out w/ a wet tshirt! Since we were several miles from the truck, we just went ahead and rode our bikes. I figured I needed to "airdry" any way.