Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekly Challenge

Day two report:

Beginning weight - 195 lbs.

Breakfast - scrambled egg, vegetable sausage patty

lunch - tuna salad

dinner - Weight Watcher Frozen dinner (bbq chicken, mixed veg.),

low-fat ice cream bar

Exercise - 8 miles bicyling, horizontal boogey (or does that go under "good deed"?)

Good Deed - took food to stray dogs living at Jr. High

Did much better on Water intake today.

Yeah, no in-between Snacks or grazing for two whole days!

Let's change your name from Penni to Dollar. You are right, I am wrong... do I get food and clothes now?

Yes, Lisa you get food and clothes. I promise. LOL!! But you gotta wait till Vegas.

OK Supper tonight: half a baked potato with cheese, half a small bowl of chili, and ice tea (two 20 oz glasses).

Water was pretty lacking today although I did manage to get in about 56 oz of ice tea. My doc says that counts as Water intake. LOL!! I think it is still better to drink the water though.

Lisa, are you hearing me??? I weighed myself this morning. GUESS WHAT?????

I am down to 251 now. THat is another lb gone. WHOO HOO!!!

Step it up baby. I am bringing it. LOL!!!

Love ya

O.K., Penni, you're disqualified! You're only supposed to weigh once a week! I've caught myself wanting to do that about 4 times today.

Lisa,

When you see the records of what we ate: that was only one day. I am not always that good and I doubt everyone else is too. I try more often than not to have good eating days but recall last week where I drowned myself in candy bars... LOL. Trust me, I hit that plateau, knew where I had gone wrong and fixed it. I have been better ever since. That doesn't mean I still don't eat unhealthy foods on occassion. I have the worst problem when I try to justify why I should have that item. For example, last week I ate my 1 candy bar but suddenly I was justifying why I should have 2! I did it all week and I got a clear warning sign at weigh in. Allow yourself some small portion of the treat and put your foot down after that. I know it is hard sometimes. I have found that by moving my dinner back a couple of hours, I am less likely to snack before bed. I don't seem to snack as much between lunch and dinner because I am too busy. Lisa, I would love to chat with you ANYTIME! If you ever call, leave a message if I don't answer and I'll call you back!

Marie, you are so blessedly sweet to feed those strays. Are they friendly or skittish? Too bad they can't be caught and adopted out. Marie if you looked at my menu for yesterday the only thing that was homemade was the arm roast in gravy and those were improved leftovers I had made. My husbands kitchen experience is minimal. He cooks good when he cooks but it only consists of a few items. He doesn't bother cooking for the most part. It isn't difficult to sautee sliced zuchinni in a pan. What kind of vegetarian sausage do you eat? I love morningstar. Grew up with the product all my life. My dad was a vegetarian for most of my childhood and he shared it with me.

I know I need new pictures. The problem is my mom and husband take hideous pictures and I refuse to be the object of their failings. I have a digital camera so I guess I'll just have them keep taking pictures until I find one that highlights all my good traits. I have beautiful blue eyes... LOL. I know... I'll get on it.

I have been terribly depressed lately. On friday I had that final. It took me 4 grueling hours and I left with a horrible headache and sobbed all the way home. I was sure I hadn't passed and my brain was fried. Monday the following segment was starting and the final grades weren't posted. I went to class with the specific intention of hearing I had failed. I didn't even bring my notebook or calculator with me. I found out I passed and had to spend the next 5 hours totally ill prepared and having to deal with chemistry AGAIN! AND since my hubby and I work opposite shifts our schedules are totally by passing each other. For the next 4 weeks I will ONLY see him on weekends. I cried all the way home yesterday at the thought of all of this. TODAY, I thought I was going to miss Water aerobics (the one enjoyable thing in my life right now) and that made me cry all the way home. Blah!!! What is with me!?! I am scared to death of chemistry and this 4 weeks I am going to have to work extra hard. Calculus was the same way for me. I just hated it and never could GET it. I did make it to Water aerobics but normally I get there a half hour early to do laps and today only just barely made it for class. I am feeling more positive right now but can't believe I am going to get another 4 weeks of torture. This is the VERY last class I'll ever need for my bachelors and won't be offered again till spring so I am definitely sticking with it. I love the teacher and actually consider her more of a friend but I am student only in class. She did promise to take me crabbing if I pass though. LOL. Anyway chin is up for the moment and hopefully it will stay up from here on out. Got to go, Teresa

O.K., Penni, you're disqualified! You're only supposed to weigh once a week! I've caught myself wanting to do that about 4 times today.

Marie: I did not weigh on Monday so this weigh in qualifies as my official weigh in for the week. SO THERE!! NEENER NEENER!!!

LOL!!!

Love ya

Lisa, I've been doing horribly for several days now. This challenge has really helped me behave myself. I usually do a Protein shake for Breakfast. But I've done the eggs/sausage the last couple of a.m. (I bought the Morningstar veg. saugsage after Teresa recommended it. It's great!) I seem to stay full longer. But of course, time usually is in short supply in a.m. So that won't be an every day breakfast. You have lost an amazing amount of weight in a very short length of time!

Teresa, the strays are very, very skittish right now. One has a bad limp. I think that's what cinched it w/my husband when we were dating (back before the earth cooled). He bought a can of cat food, opened w/his pocket knife & fed some stray cats.

I knew right then that he was a "keeper". He said if he'd known

what was to follow, he would have got out a 22 and made those cats dance!

I've been avoiding cameras for years. I don't know if I'll ever get the nerve to take a pic, let alone post it here.

Wow, I don't see how you are keeping up w/ your school load! Then a marriage and working on top of that! In spite of all that, you've managed to lose a huge chunk of weight. You rock, girl!

O.K., Penni, I'll let you pass this time! Does this mean you'll still buy me a new outfit? I want one of those spandex bicycling outfits in a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL. Instant lipo! I'll wear it under all my clothes.

Marie... I don't think I will be able to keep up with you in the good deed department...lol. I am a sucker for strays too... I was always dragging strays home when I was a kid and still do! You are kicking butt in the bike riding department...hmmm.... maybe you should slip into that spandex and ride up to Wisconsin for a little visit???:)

Penni... AWESOME girlfriend!!!! WTG on the weight-loss!!!! Oh... and I do think you were stretching it a bit in regards to the good deed guitar string run... BUT... since we love ya... we'll let ya get away with it!

Teresa... huge (((((HUGS))))) ... You are handling so much in your life right now... damn... I'd be crying non-stop!!!! I remember feeling that way during nursing school... I was convinced they were trying to kill us! But... when it was over... it was over and the the pain was gone... just like childbirth! Kudos on being able to be honest with yourself about your food intake. That is something I am really trying to be this time around... honest with myself so that I can change what needs changing! Hang in there girl... you're going to make it... we are all right behind you cheering you on! GO... FIGHT... WIN... TERESA!!!!!

Lisa... I want you to know that you kept ME from raiding the fridge lastnight! You are halarious girl... and I do feel just a wee bit sorry for Chris.... LMAO. By the way... Have you seen my remote???? :(

I was a very good girl yesterday and have plans to be just as good today! I've got a lawn that needs mowing and a treadmill callin my name! I AM FIGHTING NOT GETTING ON THE scale... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

(((hugs)))

Darcy

Darcy, that's why I'm feeding the strays at the school. If they get near our home, we're goners! And we're full up! A wild tomcat ADOPTED us about 4 months ago. He'd been shot in front paw w/ pellet gun. He wouldn't let us touch him, but we put amoxicillin in his cat food for several days. He's doing fine now. He's letting me pet him now and I've p/him up a couple times. (But beware of those claws!) Few more times, and it's off to the vet to change him from a rooster to a hen. Maybe he won't get beat up so many times then.

Actually, that bike riding takes about 45 - 60 minutes. It's easier on my knees than walking. I never could run

(hurts my innards). I find the treadmill boring. How are you doing on the abdominal exercises? I have done zero in that department. Do you feel it hurting you in your port area?

They don't make spandex this big. If I ever got into it, I'd never be able to get out. Plus, I always have to go to the bathroom 150 times. Yuck, what a sick mental picture!

Mowing the yard, doesn't that go under "Super Good Deeds"? Hey, behave yourself today and drink that water!!! That WAS VERY thoughtful of you to keep your farts to yourself yesterday.:)

You gals are all so crazy, you always make me laugh or put a smile on my face! :)

Thank you all for being the person you are and helping me along the way.

Betty

Yep... CRAZY ...that pretty well sums it up! :(

Marie... I forgot to answer your question about the ab exercisies... I was worried about trying the crunches but it was no problemo! It didn't feel any different from when I did them in the past. I hate my hanging belly and am hoping with all of my heart that I can avoid a Tummy Tuck after all the weight is gone. I had a dream that I had to have more surgery the other night and I was TERRIFIED... I guess getting so sick with the banding surgery left a big impression on me!

Well... I went out and mowed the lawn for and HOUR... sheesh... we need to figure out a way to cut down on the amount of grass at our house! Now I have to decide if I have the energy to get on the treadmill??? Marie... I turn on the stereo full blast when I do the treadmill and that takes some of the boredom out of it. I like being able to see the numbers for distance and speed and calories burned and I think it really helps me build endurance and see how I am improving. The winters are harsh here... so it is also a good way to get exercise once the weather turns cold.

I haven't eaten Breakfast... so better get something into my stomach... OH ... my good deed... doing my hubbies chore of taking the garbage out and picking up the doggy droppings. :)

TTFN

Marie: Yeah I will get you a spandex thingy. What color do you like and Black isn't an option. Well the pants can be.

Heading to work out. Will check back in later. Not sure what my good deed will be today. Gotta think on that one some for today.

Love all you guys.

Okay just found this post......slow reader hahaha......This is good cause I need a challenge at exercise.....Have been riding my son's bike and want to get my own now....I seem to like it better than walking.. I also bought the firm and those chicks are tough....I usually eat raisin bran in the morning to help out on the other end if you know what i mean......drank my Apple Melon Protein drink and then for lunch a small Wendy's Chilli and for supper went out to eat Mexican and had a shrimp with melted cheese black olives and tomatoes in a flour tortilla (don't know what it is called) sort of like a fahita but with the melted cheese.........and yes I ate the chips and salsa........Today has started the same pretty much.......

Melissa

Sorry girls, but I'm not buying these "labors of love" as good deeds. But that's okay because I started this challenge just to get one day of good eating under my fat belt, which hasn't happened yet. I could say I just did a good deed by covering my mouth while sneezing! Marie's got the market on good deeds covered - Marie, I'd have married him after opening that cat food with a pocket knife, too!

I got up and walked to the park (the long walk, not the short one) then did abs on my new Total Gym. Last night I did arms & shoulders. But last night I ate - even after chatting with Nurse Grossness! However, I had a nervous breakdown yesterday, and today I'm feeling more normal. Let's hope I don't eat tonight.

Last night I ate a bowl of poofy Doritos and a 2nd portion of dinner. Nothing fatal like the night before, but still "eating in front of the TV at night" which is the one habit I need to break if I ever want band success.

Teresa, you sound like me with all that crying. It went away, but when I initially lost the 40 pounds I was an emotional roller coaster. Hormones n' junk. I miss school and the insanity of cramming for tests; the sciences almost killed me, and I only had 2 of them for my AA. But when you walk that stage, it will be worth every tear.

I'm at work, so I guess I should do some. Thanks for everyone being here!

Hey Im here checking in

Went to TJ yesterday with my friend to see on her flipped port so while I was down there he gave me a little tweak of .9 cc's so now I'm at 2cc's. On liquids for 3 days so that is all I will be eating.

Lisa, glad to hear you had a better day yesterday, maybe you needed the day off from work both physically and emotionally.

Seems you are doing great on the exercise and your eating you said was not as bad as the night before so that is progress!

Hmm.. my good deed for the day today was this morning @7:45 am I drove my girlfriend to her sons school to register him becasue she has no car right now that was after I took my other friend to the airport at 5:15 am to catch a flight back ot the east coast. Now it's time for me! No kids home today so I am going to take advantage of the quiet time and drink my liquids in peace and quiet