Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointment In Someone I Thought I Could Trust

So.. Along with this surgery choice I have learned that not everyone is going to be supportive but today I feel like I got slapped on the face. Someone I thought was a friend totally went behind my back and told my boss that she knew I was going to file a leave for weeks. I am so disappointed and angry!

that is just awful. people just can't stay out of others business. that is wrong. I am so sorry that you have been betrayed like this.

I wish I knew what to say. but it just stinks.

Sending your positive thoughts and big hugs.

Has anyone else had to deal with someone telling their personal business to others without their consent? I feel so betrayed by this girl. I need to focus on the fact that my surgery is Monday and not be so consumed by the anxiety that this is causing me but its hard!!

that is just awful. people just can't stay out of others business. that is wrong. I am so sorry that you have been betrayed like this.

I wish I knew what to say. but it just stinks.

Sending your positive thoughts and big hugs.

Thanks so much Vicki! I really appreciate it! I am thinking of filing an HR complaint.. Something that I would never think of doing but man I am so mad!

I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope it didn't affect your job.Sometimes people are subconscously jealous or mad and they do things that even THEY don't understand. My sister has tried to sabotage my diet and weight loss on several occasions because she feels guilty that she isn't working on her own issues. Maybe that is what your friend did.

I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope it didn't affect your job.Sometimes people are subconscously jealous or mad and they do things that even THEY don't understand. My sister has tried to sabotage my diet and weight loss on several occasions because she feels guilty that she isn't working on her own issues. Maybe that is what your friend did.

Kathy I think you are onto something there! She has made many comments over the past weeks to me.. And she is overweight. I don't think my job will be affected. But I chose not to tell my manager for a reason. I just wish I had never shared!

So.. Along with this surgery choice I have learned that not everyone is going to be supportive but today I feel like I got slapped on the face. Someone I thought was a friend totally went behind my back and told my boss that she knew I was going to file a leave for weeks. I am so disappointed and angry!

Hang in there some women are actually jealous, that is one thing I know for sure don't let the haters get you down hope it all works out for you :)

You will find during this journey who your true friends are. You will also find that you have an inner strength you did not know exist. Keep in mind all relationships have to change once you make this decision. People look at you differently. New friends will come along and meet the healthy skinny version of yourself and take pride that their new friend chose life over food. It dawned on me that people who have never met me do not know the "fat" Samantha, instead they see the new happy and healthy me. I can show them pictures and hear oh wow that does not even look like you. I guess the bottom line is all though this hurts now in a few months it will be a distant memory and you will realize this person was just jealous and wants you to be miserable with them. This is their attempt to sabatoge your success and life. Don't let them succeed!

Has anyone else had to deal with someone telling their personal business to others without their consent? I feel so betrayed by this girl. I need to focus on the fact that my surgery is Monday and not be so consumed by the anxiety that this is causing me but its hard!!

I have had lots of experience with this with coworkers. I have rhuematoid arthritis and do not tell anyone because the few I told at my last job seemed to back fire on me. It is your personal business and now days people look for a way to climb up the ladder without earning it.

Focus on you only for now. Other ppl have no rights to tell others what your plans are. If you wanted the world to know go on new York lottery commercial & say it instead of the lottery winner. Stupid b...... She needs a smack down!!

Thank you so much for your positive words of encouragement. I knew some people would be difficult to deal with once this decision was made.. But I have found a great deal of live and support w some others.. So I will focus on the positive rays of sunshine.. And try my best to close the door on the jealous ones!

I know what you mean, people don't like to see you turn your life around. I know quite a few people that said " oh she's lost quite a bit of weight" and then heard " we'll she has had a gastric band" and those SO CALLED.. Friends didn't know what I was going through mentally of that I had two further surgeries to correct problems and then I had an empty band so I put most of it back on again.

Then I got... How come you put weight on I thought you couldn't put weight on with a band, are you just eating chocolate! No I am not!

So I've had my band removed and Had a bypass now... And do you know what I've told people with that attitudeI was having my band out ... Period, nothing more. then it was "oh well never mind you will be overweight but you won't be in pain anymore!!"

My point is people can get green eyed monster syndrome, when your life is getting better and you are stronger it makes them insecure about there own lives. Your seen as weak and people feel sorry for you when you bigger, well they can look out you are going to look fab get loads more confidence, and if she is overweight, she will feel very threatened by you. Phew rant over..

My advise say nothing do nothing if your boss is ok thats all that matters. And focus on you and loosing weight, when you start to strut your stuff in work in your new wardrobe feeling better than ever, that will be better than anything anyone could say to her about what she did! Xxxx

yesterday one of my sisters was quizzing me about the RNY and made mention that my other sister said after I had the band I figured out how to eat mashed potatoes through a straw. That hurt. You find out this is how you have been discussed and how they think that this time probably won't "work" either. People just don't understand. So it seems it is damned if you do (successful) or damned if your don't (successful) And no I never sucked mashed potatoes through a straw. But when things would get stuck and it was hard to get things down I would revert to softer foods. I admit that. but not like they think.

And yesterday my sister (after telling me this) and asking about why the RNY would work when the Lap band didn't ask me to go look at an apartment with her and her husband and she knew I was on the liquid pre op diet, and had her husband drive through White castle cause she was starving, No I didn't get anything, BUt they really have no clue. They could have drove me straight home five more mins away and then went to white castle. Just don't understand.

I have realized through this whole process that people really can be quite negative.. It sucks and it hurts too :(. But this is for me.. And about me! Doc told me I am on the verge of being diabetic.. So don't want to go down that road! And I want to be the best me that I can be so I am doing this naysayers be damned! I will take the love and emotional comfort of those who truly do care about me.. The rest I leave to God :) and thank God for all if you on here.. I am nervous today is the day before I go in.. Have to be at hospital at 745 am tomorrow!

I have realized through this whole process that people really can be quite negative.. It sucks and it hurts too :(. But this is for me.. And about me! Doc told me I am on the verge of being diabetic.. So don't want to go down that road! And I want to be the best me that I can be so I am doing this naysayers be damned! I will take the love and emotional comfort of those who truly do care about me.. The rest I leave to God :) and thank God for all if you on here.. I am nervous today is the day before I go in.. Have to be at hospital at 745 am tomorrow!

I'm super excited for you. I pray for an easy quick recovery!