Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Posts Scare Me I Am Pre Surgery But I Know They Are Real

it is nerve wrecking thinking about complications going back in the hospital as cash patient for complications. the Hair loss the pain in the swelling for 3 weeks, people saying they need 3 days to recover other saying they went home and took care of kids immediately, any others need 2 weeks with help....ahhh I don't know what to expect haha.... I'm looking at doing surgery around Christmas time I'm already off of work..... even now just training crochet Canton vegetables everyday is pretty boring I can imagine doing liquids for so long..... going to be so hard on you think about all the food I'm going to miss...lol.... and I wonder what dating will look like if I can't go out and have dinner and drinks bc thats what ppl do......

I was out of work for 3 weeks but I probably could have gone back after 2. I do miss food...I really do. But I know all the crap I used to eat will make me sick. And I don't know if it really will. But I think I am more afraid of finding out it won't make me sick. I don't eat anything with more than 10 grams of sugar and 10 grams of fat. But I am really paranoid.

My surgeon actually provided me with a card that says "Please allow this person Rebekka Bruno to order smaller portions as she has had weight loss surgery and the size of her stomach is severely reduced. Your restaurant will be placed on our bariatric friendly list Thank You."

I order off of the childrens menu most times. Went out for my boyfriends birthday to a local steakhouse. I had childrens steaktips with fruit on the side. I was only able to eat a couple pieces of the steak tips but it was so good and I don't feel as bad not being able to finish my food since the food on the childrens menu is MUCH cheaper. I usually don't use the card. I usually ask if I can order off the childrens menu or the senior menu b/c I had wls. Most places have been wonderful about it. I have been drinking unsweetened tea and Water at most places.

I am happy with the surgery as of right now. I am in the midst of a stall. But it works.

thanks for your honesty. I know few people have done it and they all say they just aren't hungry and just can't eat anymore.... and I guess since I haven't had surgery yet that's a strange concept I don't get it.... I don't get from how we go from being over eaters and binge eaters to we just don't over eat anymore... I appreciate your honesty in that you really miss food.... because sometimes I hear others say they can eat whatever they want they can only just have a bite of it and I wonder out true that is.... and if that 1 byte is even worth it or if it is more of just a tease to yourself..... I'm scared I won't followall the restrictions and I just emotionally and physically won't be able to follow the guidelines, not because I don't want to just from 20 years of bad habits.... I don't think my eating habits have been any different from any of you, and a bunch of I want this I also want to be able to live a normal life... and I won't be able to do that after having bypass.... so I guess it could be argued I don't have a normal life now just because I can't do everything I want to do.... I'm scared if I don't chew my food small enough it will cause a blockage and i might choke and die as I live by myself

Opps hit send early... and then I get confused because some doctor say 1 thing and others another in terms of gum carbonation straws do you really have to chew your food to puree consistency Exedra my doctor says stay off the internet and the stuff isnt true that all these other surgeons can't be wrong, this was from Doctor Kim if you're in the Metroplex supposed to be 1 of the better ones, but honestly I've seen him 4 * and I've had 4 bad experiences so I just don't think the surgeon for me..... I'm just very scared of whether I will follow this for long term or if I would slowly do things to sabotage it or if I would just decide to live through the sickness to eat the whole piece of cheesecake... as a binge eater you eat through the physical discomfort but I am told is a completely different type of pain.... however Carnie Wilson sure manage to gain all of her weight back after bypass so is definitely possible, and I don't want to be in her position in 15 years from now

so I guess it would be really hard to gain back 100 pounds I would think that I never thought I would be at this weight n first place, I never want to be over 188 again I would like to stay the 150 n 160...currently 270

thanks for your honesty. I know few people have done it and they all say they just aren't hungry and just can't eat anymore.... and I guess since I haven't had surgery yet that's a strange concept I don't get it.... I don't get from how we go from being over eaters and binge eaters to we just don't over eat anymore... I appreciate your honesty in that you really miss food.... because sometimes I hear others say they can eat whatever they want they can only just have a bite of it and I wonder out true that is.... and if that 1 byte is even worth it or if it is more of just a tease to yourself..... I'm scared I won't followall the restrictions and I just emotionally and physically won't be able to follow the guidelines' date=' not because I don't want to just from 20 years of bad habits.... I don't think my eating habits have been any different from any of you, and a bunch of I want this I also want to be able to live a normal life... and I won't be able to do that after having bypass.... so I guess it could be argued I don't have a normal life now just because I can't do everything I want to do.... I'm scared if I don't chew my food small enough it will cause a blockage and i might choke and die as I live by myself[/quote']

It's hard to explain, but it's just not ever the same again. Even if you wanted to pig out - with gastric bypass your pouch would hurt so bad you will never want to do it again or you will get a dumping syndrome and that is like a mini flu. My favorite thing in this world is / was bread. I couldn't resist any roll at any restaurant and now it nor Pasta taste the sand. It kinda has a cardboard taste to it. I didn't experience getting hunger until my 4th month and the weight loss has slowed frond drastically. This is we're the exercise has to kick in and I'm struggling . The surgery isn't manic fix, just a tool to help.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Everyone tolerates this surgery differently. If you have a good expierenced surgeon you will not have problems etc. I was back to work one week after surgery, I had no complications what so ever, the pain was minimal and that is coming from someone who cannot tolerate any pain what so ever -LOL. And I would do it again in a second. The key is to do exactly what your doctor tells you to do. Take your vitimans, drink you protien, eat what you are supposed to eat and you will be fine.

After surgery I was not hungry at all and had to make an effort to eat when I was supposed to eat. You have to work with the surgery, it is not a miracle cure becuase you get out of it what you put in. Only YOU can make it a sucess !!!!

Nicely said BBdoodle!! I couldn't agree more!

My new Mantra is going to be

NOTHING can taste as good as FEELING better will feel.

I am just so sick and tired of being sick and tired, I would have the surgery this afternoon with just the hope of feeling better.

November 7 can't come soon enough. I know it isn't going to be easy, I know there will be pain. But I have pain now and living like I am isn't easy so that is what I am dwelling on.

HOPE is a marvelous feeling.