Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In The Hospital Again!

You're most welcome! Before you know it, this will all be a distant memory and you'll be celebrating the new you every day! Love your commitment!!

so glad your doing better and seems there is a plan in place to get you back to good health. Continued prayers for a full recovery and for comfort and strength.

I had ulcer before the surgery from taking medication. This will be a minor setback. And then you will be on your way. They will probably make you take Prilosec 2x a day now.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I had ulcer before the surgery from taking medication. This will be a minor setback. And then you will be on your way. They will probably make you take Prilosec 2x a day now.

Yes! :) along with carafate.. I dunno why they had me stop taking it in the first place but oh well. Like you all said its a minor set back and thank you all for your support! You guys keep my spirit up!

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. I feel so loved know you all care!

They have no idea how I got an ulcer and considering my hemoglobin is still dropping a little they have me on medications to decrease my stomach acid and gases and some to coat my stomach. Im pretty dizzy so I'll for sure be here tonight again and possibly tomorrow. They did the edg? (the one with the camera scope down your throat) and they said its not bleeding anymore but there is a clot that I'll probably pass so of I have a few more stools not to worry to much. And they said I can't eat Atkins protine bars anymore (boo) and I have to up my protine to help heal this as well. They also said I'm not eating enough and I'm losing a little too fast which I don't understand because I feel like I'm keeping up with everyone else! Ugh. Here's hoping I'll be out tomorrow

Praying for you!! Keep us updated!

Thank You all for your prayers and concern! A little update: I'm doing better. I don't have pain from the ulcer or anything and it stopped bleeding. My hemoglobin is still a little low, 9.6, but it's up from last week when it was at 9. I am a little anemic and feel slightly nauseous and dizzy from, but I'm good enough to carry on my normal activities! Thank you all again for your support!

I'm on carafrate too!!!

I thjnk we all should be lol. I was on it for a while but they wouldn't refill it... And now I have an ulcer. Ops! Now I have 6 refills remaining lol

how common are these types of problems I'm pre surgery trying to decide between the sleeve or bypass

Every person is different. Anyone, whether they have the RNY bypass, sleeve, or lap band can get an ulcer or not.

My surgeon believes my ulcer was stress related because of the amount of stress my oldest child has been putting me through since February.

my superpower is......

how common are these types of problems I'm pre surgery trying to decide between the sleeve or bypass

According to a July 31, 2012 report from Healthgrades, the complication rate for U.S. RNY patients is 5.87%. They analyzed the number of procedures, procedure types, and complication rates from bariatric procedures performed at 478 hospitals in 19 states from 2008 to 2010. There were 201,821 bariatric surgeries performed over that three year period.

Based on the report cited above (and there are many others with very similar results), approximately one person in 20 has some complication. No responsible person can deny that there are risks. There are no guarantees. There simply are no absolutes. Do the research but choose your sources carefully - there is a lot of hype and utter nonsense out there. And then make your decision. More than 200,000 folks made the decision that the odds were overwhelmingly in their favor of having a successful, life changing surgery that was free of complications. I'm just one of them but I have to tell you, I love the new me.

Even people who do not have surgery gets ulcers - not sure if that is really considered a complication.

I had excruciating stomach pain for over a week. No tarry stools' date=' but excruciating stomach pain. Because of the pain, I dumped everything I ate and drank. It was torture!

my superpower is......[/quote']

I am back in the hospital too and praying to get out of hete today. Yesterday nothing would go down and ended up vomitting everything. Was at the er for 8 hours!! Then admitted. I wanted to run out of there so bad. My anxiety has been out of control. No meds given and waiting to be discharged now after a night of zero sleep, zero food or Water, 4 bags of Fluid, and none of my meds. . Finally they cleared me for fluids again! Cant wait to leave since everything is okay now. If.only the doc would show up and release me!!

I am back in the hospital too and praying to get out of hete today. Yesterday nothing would go down and ended up vomitting everything. Was at the er for 8 hours!! Then admitted. I wanted to run out of there so bad. My anxiety has been out of control. No meds given and waiting to be discharged now after a night of zero sleep' date=' zero food or Water, 4 bags of Fluid, and none of my meds. . Finally they cleared me for fluids again! Cant wait to leave since everything is okay now. If.only the doc would show up and release me!![/quote']

Hope everything's ok and you get out soon!!!!