Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Dates

Welcome and we will keep our fingers crossed for you?

I'm in PGH too. Who's your doctor?

My doctor is Carol McCloskey at Magee.

Hello everybody!! I'm new to this!!! I read this every night and don't know what I would do without all of ya'll!! I laugh and cry with you. I've done all my testing and found out today that my surgery date is November 9th!!! WOOHOO!! Like alot of you I am so excited and terrified at the same time:( Wish I could go in tomorrow and get all the worry over with LOL!! My son thinks I am mutilating my body for my laziness! Praying that he will come around!! The rest of my family is very supportive. Ready to be me again!!! I look forward to doing this journey with all of you.

November members new list as of Oct 9 2012

Starrlov.................,November 2, 2012

ahanson82520.………..November 5, 2012

crstalww ………………..November 6 2012

eeyoregirl1970………….November 8, 2012

Seattlelyte.....................November 9 2012

worm2872…………….....??????

catgirl12…………………November 13, 2012

ladyspl………………….November 15, 2012

francesmcg……………November 26, 2012

Nicole KNicole K………..??????????

Im going to be in November as well..spoke with Insurance company today and was advised shld have an answer by the end of the week...Congrats to everyone that already has a date and to those that are just a few steps away!!!!

You make sure you keep us up to date. Are you nervous? What's your story and what surgery are you getting?

You make sure you keep us up to date. Are you nervous? What's your story and what surgery are you getting?

I hope you were talking to me being that I am responding,lol...I am wanting the gastric bypass...I started just in September with the process, didnt have to do supervised diet, so wasnt too bad getting psych eval, labwork and nutrition visit..my biggest hurdle was the medical necessity letter, that I ended up getting from the cardiologist bc my pcp was giving me such a hard time....Am I nervous today, not so much, but when its showtime ask me again and you will get the real emotion, lol...

Tbooks that was quick a lot of others have so many things they need to do before even seeing the dr. Congrats. I started referral was may June was orientation July meet the dr September nutritionist social worker and nurse and try all gave me the green light . I see the surgeon on the 17 to pick up my Optifast and pre op is the 24 . I have 5 kids 19 16 15 13 and 11 oldest and youngest are girls and a grandson and a hubby . I am271 .

M going to start this everyone who is in November add your date and where your from . I'm crystal I'm nov 6 I'm in Toronto Canada

i

Maria from Philly pa my date is nov 2 :)

November members new list as of Oct 10 2012

Starrlov.................,November 2, 2012

Mommy327 Maria….. November 2, 2012

ahanson82520.………..November 5, 2012

crstalww ………………..November 6 2012

eeyoregirl1970………….November 8, 2012

Seattlelyte.....................November 9 2012

worm2872…………….....??????

catgirl12…………………November 13, 2012

ladyspl………………….November 15, 2012

francesmcg……………November 26, 2012

Nicole KNicole K………..??????????

Welcome Maria to Novmebers dates.

Crstlww, yeah I noticed with reading alot of posts how long the process has been for some. I thought long and hard for the last year b4 making the decision to go thru with the surgery bc it does seem scary, but my mom who has been quite an inspiration for me had lapband 5 yrs ago and she looks great, she has maintained her weightloss and went from size 24/26 down to 10 and has fit into some size 8 and weighs 150. She is truly a success. She helped me decide which would be right for me and we decided on rny. She even said if she had to do it all over again she wld have done rny. My mom also works at a bariatric center in NC, so she gives me alot of tips on the ins and outs as well. Im in Atlanta, 32 no kids one of my other reason for wanting the surgery I have PCOS and that has hendered me from conceiving so hopefully this helps. Im 5'6, 281and deal with diabetes,sleep apnea, high blood, and hiatal hernia...So this surgery is not just a want for me its a need in order to be able to continue to enjoy and extend my life for awhile longer....Im ready and just love all the positivity and information that I gain from these boards..

I also have PCOS but I have other symptoms. I also had my children when I was very ypune. I am 33 years old and My oldest just turned 19 so you do the math lol . Life happens for a reason Im glad you have your mom who helped you make up your mind and she will be a great support as well. I have IBS, PCOS, sleep apna. I decided for the RNY because I cant seem to lose anything a Lb there and here that s about it. I am very active and that kind of sucks being such a big girl and lugging all this extra weight around. People I noticed have been saying Im crazy for doing this as I am not that big. I tell them listen I may not look like Im almost 300 Lbs but I am you dont know what i go through or how I feel everyday or what my stuggles are. I am human and I want to live and be healthy. They say stop eatting so much. I look at them and say what do I really eat thats bad? They have nothing to say. I eat very well and I eat health. but when you have PCOS it slows things down or stops it. I am me . Kids and Hubby is supportive. I havent told anyone else in my family exxcept my mother in law. I dont feel its their business at all . I only see them once in a blue moon. so. The people on this site are great . Lots of information and lots of support. If you dont know something ask. Someone will surely know and if not they will find the answers, Good Luck and make sure you keep us all posted. Your a greataddition to our November 2012 group

Thank you I'm so happy to be getting my surgery, I'm nervous and excited! I'm glad I can share my journey with all of you.... This is a great group ....I'm not looking forward to the liquid diet either ,... It will be worth it in the end , Congratulations to all of us who have surgery dates and we are routing for me!

M going to start this everyone who is in November add your date and where your from . I'm crystal I'm nov 6 I'm in Toronto Canada

How long did u wait for approval

I was approved after my firsr Nut Sw and RN and I had to do a group once and that was it . I called the Dr and booked my pick up of Optifast and away I go. From start of referral was about 6 months. Im also in Canada so they do things a little different then the US