Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying To Stay Positive During An Emotional Crisis :'(

Hello everyone, thanks for reading my post. I'm having gastric bypass in 3 weeks (Oct 15th) however my fiance' & I broke our relationship off. It has been taking an emotional toll on me to say the least. I am trying to prepare to undergo a life changing surgery with recovery that demands my full attention. He was a big support system for me. I do have my mom & kids supporting me so Im not alone. My heart is broken & my anxiety level has gone through the roof (as if it wasnt high enough). I'm trying so hard to stay focused it's just difficult when facing this loss. Sorry to ramble, just needed to vent & I know you are amazing listeners.

so sorry but you will be fine! you can do this!

Sharoncarrie - so sorry to hear of your breakup. Don't know the past issues etc but, now is the time to take the time for you! You're so worth your choice and effort to have this surgery done. You made the decision to get healthy and please don't let any one or any situation change your mind. Its not easy.....we all have gone through emotional roller coasters to say the least and there are battles to stay positive all the time. But you can do it....you can for you and your kids. Soon you'll be on the losing side of surgery and you'll gain better health and more confidence. Something to look forward too for sure.

Look at your children and look within yourself....you can do it for YOU. You're stronger than you know! Hugs

When he see you all nice & sexy tell him... "hold on baby you can't have this anymore"you missed a good thing.

Thank you ladies... I appreciate your kind words. I know I'm staying focused on my surgery for myself because I do deserve this. I've worked so hard to get to this point. I hate the way Im feeling emotionally right now but time heals all wounds. Have to stay as positive as I can.

Sorry that you broke up but don't loose focus on yourself. You are doing the surgery for yourself. You want to be healthy and around longer for your kids. Don't put your head down keep your head up high and focus on YOU!! Maybe this is a perfect time for you to reflect on who is worth standing by your side while your going through this journey. BIG HUGS

sharon you can do this. I know all you want to do is curl up in a ball and cry your heart out. Give yourself a bit of time to hurt then hop back up and remember why you are doing this and think of all the positives. I know easier said then done, But you will come out the better for it. Surround yourself with people who support and love you and take this time for you. I am sending you positive thoughts, and prayers for strength and healing. We are here for you anytime.

Thank you ALL! I love the emotional support this site brings. Everyone is so encouraging & awesome!

Somebody said what does not kill us makes us stronger. Yah but it hurts like hell for a while. You will get pass this in time. Good luck on your surgery.

Children first then your self then everyone after that

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

Sometimes when we have devastating losses and we think we will never get over the sadness, but it is really true that GOD never gives you more than you handle.

It's the end of a relationship, not the end of you

Stay strong and focus on your kids it will help you get over the sadness

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk