Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gosh I am definitely going to hit them up!! I haven't had surgery yet and I wear 22/24 pants I literally own one pair of jeans. I always hated shopping for myself

I'm also a thrift store shopper right now ;) I also love garage sales!! One tip I like to do since I love my jeans is turn them inside out and sew the excess to my size right now it's easy and saves

I sew but I wouldn't know how to do that.

I was walking in my kitchen and my pants fell off

All my other pants have rubber bands on them to keep them lol

Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

Lolz this was funny what a free show that must have been.

I hit the thrift stores and get hand me

Downs from others.... I love wednsday a the thrift store' date=' stuff costs 3 bucks. I went from a 22/24 to size 14 pants , xl or L shirt. I feel so darn good. I have not been this thin since I was 15, and I am 42 now... Lol[/quote']

I thought I was the only one that knew this secret 50% off everything Wednesday lmbo

One of my goals is to close my Lane Bryant account. So I cannot wait to have the "problem" you folks are referring to LOL

I sew but I wouldn't know how to do that.

Hi mami it's super easy ;) I got the idea from my cousin and she googled how to take in your baggy jeans and YouTube has great instructional videos also!!

Gosh I am definitely going to hit them up!! I haven't had surgery yet and I wear 22/24 pants I literally own one pair of jeans. I always hated shopping for myself

Right there with u. Thank god for yoga pants

Hi mami it's super easy ;) I got the idea from my cousin and she googled how to take in your baggy jeans and YouTube has great instructional videos also!!

Interesting

Ok so I really like that my closet is now a closet full of clothes that dont fit! my old clothes swallow me! I hate shopping for clothes' date=' and im not sure of my size. Plus im not where I need to be yet so dont want to buy a bunch only to have them out grow me in 2-3 months. Might have to hit up a goodwill and just second hand shop till im at my goal weight.[/quote']

some of the best clothes are at goodwill

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgiversary: 6/11/12

Even before my surgery I was hitting the thrift stores with my husband. The rationale being, who knew when they would have decent looking clothes to buy and I would need professional clothing to wear to work. I am a clinical Social worker (aka therapist) for a state hospital for sex offenders, so need to dress a certain way. Anyway, I dragged my husband along with me and we went through the racks and I bought anything I loved or liked enough in any size down to 14. Talk about fun, to just pick up stuff without worrying about size (except too big, what a thought) and we bought them. I then put them in my closet by size. Now I return to the thrift stores on a regular basis but now I look for more specific sizes. Depending on my needs, but if I find stuff in lower sizes I pick them up anyway. Here the one thrift store has half off and no sales taxes on Fri and Sat so I pay less than 3 bucks for each item of clothes, most of them time closer to 2$. There was no way I could find time to get to stores when I was dropping, this method worked great for me and now I have things to wear and things to try on to see if I have dropped sizes. A few times I just tried them on and sure enough they fit, what a surprise since I never would have thought to purchase something already. There is no way I can wait until I lose all my weight to get new or used clothes, the thrift store method is awesome and there are great brand new clothes half the time and in perfect condition clothes the other half.

I strongly feel that it is important to wear clothes that fit you, it helps you to feel the changes and to experience the feeling of looking good in what you are wearing. If we hold off on getting clothes that fit (If you can alter that is awesome) you lose out on looking your best and feeling your best, which is a great motivator to stay on track and keep pushing forward. Even if you can only afford a few items at each size, go buy something just to have to wear to look your best and to try on to see the amazing changes in your body as you drop down.

I was size 26 now I am in 18/Xl and even was able to wear some 16W (whooohoooo). My 18W are getting too loose, so I am in between sizes. My thighs are smaller but mystupid stomach refuses to get equally as small, so I am stuck with tight waist and too loose in the thighs. LOL It looks silly for sure, hoping that changes eventually.

Ok so I really like that my closet is now a closet full of clothes that dont fit! my old clothes swallow me! I hate shopping for clothes' date=' and im not sure of my size. Plus im not where I need to be yet so dont want to buy a bunch only to have them out grow me in 2-3 months. Might have to hit up a goodwill and just second hand shop till im at my goal weight.[/quote']

I can't wait to have that problem! Although I have about 2 sizes of clothes in my closet now that I refused to get rid of because I was determined to wear them again some day! The clearance rack is a great idea! I will definitely check them out this weekend! I'm in a size 18-20 now. Think I'll look for some size 12's. I already have 16's & 14's