Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivation

I just dont have motivation to workout. I feel like I am stuck in the lazy mode. Although, I am much much more active. Any advice appreciated.

Jenn

Put your exercise shoes on :) I find that is my best motivation! I don't belong to a gym, but its the same concept as just going there when you don't want to.... Once you're there you're gonna so something!

Good luck

Surgery 7/25/12

My best advise is find a exercise you like and that you enjoy... then it will not feel like exercise. You will look forward to working out. I love to jog, I put my music on... I pick good up beat music and just jog.... I solve all the world's problems when I jog - LOL. It is very mind clearing and a total stress reliever, but this is what works for me. The pounds melt off when you workout for a minimum of 45 minutes and get your heart rate up to the fat burning range. Of course I started out walking, I have a treadmill and eliptical and each week I increase a bit more to keep my body challenged.

Im having the same problem! I was walking 2 miles a day for the first few weeks post op and since Ive come back to work its very sparse and minimal. I need to get moving! Im losing great and I know it would be even better if I got off my ass and moved. I have been talking about joining a zumba class for a while, and now that this has come up, I may do just that on friday. Glad to know Im not the only lazy butt on this losers bench. lol!

I hate exercising too... tried weight lifting, running anything. The only thing I can tolerate is walking. I get up at 5 every morning and walk a mile. Then after dinner around 7 at night... if no ball games my husband and I walk another 2 miles. I have started swimming because I really enjoy that ... we have an indoor pool in our town and am working that in when I can. I agree with others... when you hit the stalls...exercise is one of the keys to get the weight to come off again.

I'm also having a hard time with this one. I started walking randomly thought the week - have not reach 1 mile yet. But i get very tired now after I exercise and/or eat. Feel like I need to sleep for a day afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Idk if you have kids but we use exercise as a reward now. This weekend my son and I are going hiking a a reward for him getting amazing comments by his teacher and good grades! It helps to make me do it and its good quality time. Sometimes it's a pain to go out if the way but I really like going for a walk at a nearby lake with trails. It make it more enjoyable.

Also I got Leslie sansones walking DVDs which are great. Got Jillian michaels power yoga but still to scares to try it.

It's hard to get in a work out mode. You would think I have all day for exercise since all my kids are in school. Wrong!!! I go check the kids room for hidden dirty clothes. I go clean the house do laundry dust. You name it I do it. That's a work out for me. Then when does the walking come in place? I don't have time. Once I get my house in perfect shape then I will find a time to exercise.

I think its hardest to start....I used to hate even thinking about exercising. Now I feel really off and guilty if I don't get it in....I try for 5 hrs/week....it Will get easier if you get it started. However if I am spending the day doing house cleaning/yard work...I Will count that as my exercise for the day if it takes away the time I would have used on treadmill etc.

It's hard to get in a work out mode. You would think I have all day for exercise since all my kids are in school. Wrong!!! I go check the kids room for hidden dirty clothes. I go clean the house do laundry dust. You name it I do it. That's a work out for me. Then when does the walking come in place? I don't have time. Once I get my house in perfect shape then I will find a time to exercise.

I'm sure you are burning calories cleaning up your house. You should enter it on a calorie counter website to see how much each activity burns. I just find myself sleeping all the time now. I feel so lazy. :(

I don't like to exercise but I do know that once I have the surgery I really have to make that apart of my life. So I went on meetup.com and found stuff that I love to do I found a line dance group they meet 2x a week and a Chicago steppers dance group they also meet 2x a week. So I'm just going to do stuff I love to help the weight come off.

Keep in mind, there is exercise, and there is physical activity-not necessarily the same thing. One is aerobic, the others is anaerobic. (Cardiac benefit vs...not) being active is good. However, that does not negate the need to bicycle, or power walk, or other types of exercises that get your heart rate up and sustain it for 30 min or greater. We walk when we do housework, or mow the lawn, but its stop and go, absolutely not the same thing.

I'm sure you are burning calories cleaning up your house. You should enter it on a calorie counter website to see how much each activity burns. I just find myself sleeping all the time now. I feel so lazy. :(

Really? You don't have energy for anything?

I'm trying to fit exercise in before I go to work in the morning. I find that it goes much smoother if I get as much prepared the night before as possible (lunch, gym bag packed, etc). My biggest morning struggle is just getting out of bed and dressed so I can exercise. Once I'm at in the car, my motivation kicks in.

Well found my motivation. It is all the great endorphines....I am miserable on the days I don't exercise.

Jenn