Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello.my name is latoya im 25years old.i had surgery 8/13/12.tomorrow ill b 3wks post out and ive lost 20lbs.my starting weight was 348 now im 328.i just feel im not doing so good its quite depressing.also im barely eating because i really dont knk what to eat i mean i have the basics but realistically i don't want it.can someone help me with food ideas or any advice or what to do.i just feel im failing all around.:(

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I understand how you feel. It's so normal at your stage to get depressed. So much has changed and eati g is no longer fun. It's painful, frustrating and can turn you off of wanting to eat, but not to cravings. It's understandable. At your stage I loved eating a packet of grits with a few sprayes of the parkway zero cal butter spray. It's by the margarine. It tastes great and goes down easy. You can ad a bit of shredded cheddar. Soups work great!! And if you chew the crap out of em, all kinds of the little rice cake packets cause next to no problems. I wish I had a magic cure for what you're going through, but just trust, it will get better. *hugs*

Hello thenewme.....first off you're not failing or falling behind. You're traveling your own path and you're already doing well....you made it through surgery! You made it to the losing side and you're on your journey. You're just starting so need to relax and enjoy the none hunger that you're experiencing but, at the same time....concentrate on getting your fluids and Proteins in that your doc has asked you to get.

At 3 weeks post op....I was on mushies. What stage are you on? Once you have your stage down...read any material your provider gave you and take it with you to the grocery store. Pick up the items listed even if you think you may not like them. It's amazing how much taste buds change. I didn't think I"d like turkey chili and I love it. I thought I'd love a lot of the shakes I tried before surgery but, nope some I do some I don't. Just have to keep trying until you get to the point where you're able to drink and eat following the plan. liquids first, Protein after and in the best case both! A Protein shake you like counts as both liquid and Protein. Awesome!

At three weeks my surgeon wanted me to get 50-60 grams of protein and then upped it to 70 when I got an infection because the protein helps with healing. It wasn't easy but, I got it down. I had to take in one shake a day at least because it was 25 grams of protein so it helped edge up the protein count for the day. Then I worked on the rest of it a little at a time.

You can do this....lost of experimenting and trying different things and temperatures you take them in.

Thank you!!(smiling)your words were so comforting and you know exactly what im going threw and how i feel.thanks for the ideas im going on to Walmart and pick these things up for the am.

I totally agree with what the others have said. I also went through a doubtful period when I wondered if I made a mistake. I had a hard time eating and I always felt hungry which most people don't feel. I wrote down a ton of questions and brought it with me to my post op appointments. Getting answers helped a lot. Came to find out that because I was not eating much, my body was holding tight to ever pound it could. Add time went on and I could eat more, the weight started coming off easier and feel amazing. Sending you good vibes and a big hug! You are doing great!

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

I totally agree with what the others have said. I also went through a doubtful period when I wondered if I made a mistake. I had a hard time eating and I always felt hungry which most people don't feel. I wrote down a ton of questions and brought it with me to my post op appointments. Getting answers helped a lot. Came to find out that because I was not eating much' date=' my body was holding tight to ever pound it could. Add time went on and I could eat more, the weight started coming off easier and feel amazing. Sending you good vibes and a big hug! You are doing great!

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk[/quote']

I am so regretting this right now. I'm only four days pst op. I hurt and don't know what to drink. I am so depressed. I feel like I'm disconnected from my family. They're eating and sharing experiences and I'm sitting here hurting and sipping Water. I feel like I'll never be normal again. And I did this to myself and I can't go back. I didn't even have health problems yet and I think I was fat but who cares? Who cares about being skinny? Why do we have o put so much emphasis on body image? If everyone would have just accepted me for me I'd happily be feeling normal and eating with my family. Now my husband is being deployed tomorrow and I can't even enjoy my last day with him.

I went threw the vomiting stage for 30 days straight. Got better. Then it was every so often. After those 30 days I seriously said omfg what did I do to my self. I couldn't sit at the dinner table. The smell of food was making me sick. Later on I found out after 2 months post up my stomach had closed. Problem solve. I can't tell you I can eat everything but so far I'm doing great. Only chicken is the only thing I can't eat anymore. I'm sure there's others just can't think these kids got up like 5ish LMFAO.

P.s. It does get better

I also had surgery on 8/13/12 ... I weighed in at 361 at my preop visit the friday before surgery and this morning I am at 335. So see we're about the same time and weight loss wise... you're doing fine! Just try to relax and learn your pouch. Go slow! This isnt about losing 100lbs in a month! You didnt gain it that quick....dont have such high expectations to lose it that quick. The journey is worth it, lets stroll down this path together....and not rush through it.

Hang in there.... all will keep getting better! You are worth every minute of this journey to being healthy and happy!

I hear you all. There are, and have been, plenty of time I wish I had never had the surgery. I LOVED the entire experience of eating. It is all psychological. This continues to weigh on my thoughts, and I feel regret at times. BUT, knowing this about myself, and how easy it would be to cheat by over eating, I now know that I NEED this tool, this procedure, to put the brakes on and force change. After having the surgery, I have taken charge by taking choice out if the equation, the choice to be wreckless with my eating habits. I HAVE to slow down and make myself aware if everything I put in me. The fear of nausea & vomiting is a great eating inhibitor, and the weight loss is a wonderful benefit. And the time it has taken me to heal and adapt to my be stomach has allowed me to slowly change the way I view my wants and needs where food and nutrition is concerned. One of these days I will actually attend a support group and see if that helps. I'm lucky to have the support of family, friends, and this group, to get thru the inconvenient times. Hang in there... This is truly life changing...

I am so regretting this right now. I'm only four days pst op. I hurt and don't know what to drink. I am so depressed. I feel like I'm disconnected from my family. They're eating and sharing experiences and I'm sitting here hurting and sipping Water. I feel like I'll never be normal again. And I did this to myself and I can't go back. I didn't even have health problems yet and I think I was fat but who cares? Who cares about being skinny? Why do we have o put so much emphasis on body image? If everyone would have just accepted me for me I'd happily be feeling normal and eating with my family. Now my husband is being deployed tomorrow and I can't even enjoy my last day with him.

Boy is it good to know I am not the only one who felt this way. My family and friends do everything over food. I spent a lot of time with my mom, sister and her family right after I had surgery so they could help with my daughter. There I was, feeling hungry all the time, stuck on liquids. They ate lots of my favorite things and the smells were so intense that many times I excused myself to the bathroom and cried. I loved to eat, my sister and I both love to cook together, I mourned for those times thinking I would have to give them up. I'm now almost three months out, I can't eat everything I used to, but it's so doable now. My sister and I cook, and I get my tiny plate and have bites of everything and i'm good. I can sit with friends at a restaurant and we share dishes now and everyone gets to try different things. My depression has lifted and the benefits of this surgery have made a huge impact on my life. I am sure your husband deploying is triggering many emotions for you in this already difficult adjustment time after surgery. When he comes back, you will have had time to adjust to the surgery and will be able to Celebrate his return with great energy! This room is chock full of support for you. Come in and keep us posted. You and your husband are in my prayers.

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

I listen to tony Robins when I'm feeling left out, best thing he ever said was "turn your do's into must", it keeps me from feeling isolated and in control of myself/my life, something I used to get with food. xoxo

I went threw the vomiting stage for 30 days straight. Got better. Then it was every so often. After those 30 days I seriously said omfg what did I do to my self. I couldn't sit at the dinner table. The smell of food was making me sick. Later on I found out after 2 months post up my stomach had closed. Problem solve. I can't tell you I can eat everything but so far I'm doing great. Only chicken is the only thing I can't eat anymore. I'm sure there's others just can't think these kids got up like 5ish LMFAO.

P.s. It does get better

Why did your stomach close? Did you have to have surgery?

Why did your stomach close? Did you have to have surgery?

My surgeon says sometimes since the opening after sugary is so small so you consume less food close on it's on. I had endoscopy done & they open my pouch just a little. No surgery again.

Where are u guys stationed Amanda?

Thank you all for responding and caring.im taking all these comments in.im so glad i have you guys to talk to because i always feel left out when food played such a major role and i have so many memories around it.thank you im just taking one day at a time :)