Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was a success. Im up and walking since last night and the pain isnt too bad. I can hopefully go home tonight.

Woot woot ....get it gurl...

At the hospital' date=' just waiting to be on the losers bench. Prayers please. You are all an amazing supportive bunch.

Maggie[/quote']

Prayers, going up...hugs going around..

At the hospital' date=' just waiting to be on the losers bench. Prayers please. You are all an amazing supportive bunch.

Maggie[/quote']

Prayers, going up...hugs going around..

Hope everyone is doing well today!! Keep your spirits possitive and your held up high :D

Happy to say. I'M HOME :-):-):-):-):-). made it up 3 flights of stairs bit of a struggle . Just resting for now. Gonna do some light walking later. Now I have to concentrate on being a patient and not the nurse... So hard to give up that control but i gotta. My boyfriend took 3wks off work to take care of me. Gotta love him for that. Just hope we don't drive one another completely nuts!!!!!!!

I'm getting my surgery Monday (sept 24th). Starting weight: 240lbs

I can not weight until Monday comes! I want to start my new healthier life! I am going to be a thin person! I can't wait!

Surgery went extremely well! VERY sore! Gas in my shoulders really hurts. Resting well though. Still seems like a dream....

Jessica

Happy to say. I'M HOME :-):-):-):-):-). made it up 3 flights of stairs bit of a struggle . Just resting for now. Gonna do some light walking later. Now I have to concentrate on being a patient and not the nurse... So hard to give up that control but i gotta. My boyfriend took 3wks off work to take care of me. Gotta love him for that. Just hope we don't drive one another completely nuts!!!!!!!

congrats.. you should get a bell and ring it when ever you need something... ting a ling...ting a ling... my husband was happy to go to work today.. i think he may have got dresses in the car, and went in 2 hrs early..lol

Surgery went extremely well! VERY sore! Gas in my shoulders really hurts. Resting well though. Still seems like a dream....

Jessica

yeah, im so glad everything went so well for you.. i know they want you to get up and walk but i thought how, when they have us so medicated.. please take care of yourself.. Prayers and little hugs from SC

Ok guys.... 9 days post op, all is well EXCEPT-this terrible ripping/stabbing pain on my left side. My tummy doesn't hurt.Gas isn't giving me troubles. Only this pain from the inside incisions. Doc says that is normal and it will take about 3 weeks to heal completely. So, heating pad,lortab elixir, and trash tv for the rest of the week.was hoping to be back to work tomorrow.oh well

Ok guys.... 9 days post op, all is well EXCEPT-this terrible ripping/stabbing pain on my left side. My tummy doesn't hurt.Gas isn't giving me troubles. Only this pain from the inside incisions. Doc says that is normal and it will take about 3 weeks to heal completely. So, heating pad,lortab elixir, and trash tv for the rest of the week.was hoping to be back to work tomorrow.oh well

OMG, i just posted the same question on the POST forum,.LOL.. so lets see what people reply with, even though my surgery is only 6 days out, now i have something to go by... and now I wanna cry.. I cant drink anything COLD, it will lay out... warm tea it fine.. and the pain it stabbing and it is not gas.. what else did he say to do? i have found i have to lay on a heating pad on my stomach, my husband said i cant beileve you can lay on your stomach... it is the only way i can sleep. also are you able to eat anything.. i am so hungry and i cant drink a protien shake to save my life..it kills my left side..2 sips im done

Ok guys.... 9 days post op' date=' all is well EXCEPT-this terrible ripping/stabbing pain on my left side. My tummy doesn't hurt.Gas isn't giving me troubles. Only this pain from the inside incisions. Doc says that is normal and it will take about 3 weeks to heal completely. So, heating pad,lortab elixir, and trash tv for the rest of the week.was hoping to be back to work tomorrow.oh well[/quote']

Sorry to hear ur in alot of pain :( I'm also 9 days post op and had the same terrible incision pain. Doc said the same thing but a ct scan revealed I had an infection under the painful incision :/ if it's hard and swollen or hot get it checked out again!

Got the ok. Hubbby is on his way to take me home!!! So glad I did what I set out to do. Thanks to all that supported me and prayed for me on here and my fam-bam. Day one of clear liquid and will start on full liquids two days from now. Congrats to those who just had surgery and speedy recoveries. My prayers and support are with you.

Jessica(ulb) so glad to get a hospital update. Glad it went well. Hope Maggie's went well to.

Lili awesome you got home so fast. Take care and don't overdo.

Momof6 sorry to hear about that ripping pain, I agree with Jess check if it's hot or tender and call that doc.

Sassy you are kicking butt girl three flights of stairs sheesh I can't do that pre op lol. Glad it went well and the dire predictions of your family did not come true. They must love you a lot to be so afraid.

As for me I had to leave work early today side effects of the new pain med I tried. My pcp and I are trying to find a replacement for Percocet which I have to take with Benadryl cuz it makes me itch and only at night cuz perc n Benadryl make me sleepy. So she tried fentanyl patch 1st but I welt up from adhesives and the next one was oral morphine wellllllllll boy did I itch crazy so I took 2 Benadryl and today was nauseated and dizzy couldn't et anything til tonight( I am on my Optifast diet).

Still trying to get my infectious disease doc to write the damn clearance letter but he is waiting for the result of my nasal swab he did in his office. He told me I was cleared either way neg or positive just had to continue decolonizing and if positive ake prophylactic vancomycin pre op.

I have my two hour hospital class tmr am then work then Friday I have the IVC filter inserted in my heart to prevent clots getting to my heart or brain post op.

this liquid diet is killing me...I can't stand the vegetable broth or the strawberry shakes...I'm so ready for my surgery on Monday.